SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

do scammers bribe w.u agents

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

legitimate senders don't have to specify a location where the money has to be picked up.
-Ah, okay.

imagine sending money to someone who is backpacking round the world.
-That's a good point.

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for helping explain my point, r2d2.

@Devil_woman: Your focus on this is so narrow that it seems you aren't seeing the forest for the trees.

As was pointed out, even if Western Union didn't exist, this type of scam still would. This scam was around before the internet.
I assume those emails you posted were from Yahoo? So, are they complicit in the scam as well? What about the ISP's who allowed that message to travel to you?
Those are all legitimate services being abused.

Quote:
^^^ True Bankster, all companies are corrupt if you look closely enough!

No. This is where you are wrong and missing the whole point. The companies aren't corrupt, employees or parts within them are.

As was also already pointed out, Western Union is a world wide franchise.

Another quote from jose:

jose wrote:
If you have any evidence of Western Union or its employees' direct involvement in advance fee fraud, you may post it here to support previous statements. Failing that, please either submit it to the proper authorities in the appropriate jurisdictions (IE Law Enforcement) or write a letter to Western Union's complaint department, corporate headquarters, sponsors etc, but do not make unsupportable claims of fraud on this forum based upon opinions and conjecture.

You have expressed your opinion about this repeatedly. You have been told otherwise, repeatedly, with logical arguments. I am asking you to stop this crusade. Continue to think whatever you want, but please stop posting about it and/or spreading this incorrect information to new members.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wowwow wrote:
No they don't really need to bribe W.U agents. In a lot of these countries your Western Onion is just some chap on the corner of the street.

That's about what Western Union is in the U.S. too. I've never seen such a thing as a "Western Union Outlet". Every Western Union I have seen was part of another business--usually a grocery store or drug store. They're like lottery ticket sales--you just add on to the business.

I don't know that you'd need any sort of bribe though. The scammer just needs an MTCN, security question, and security answer, and the employee at the WU outlet is just doing his job without any complicity.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Every Western Union I have seen was part of another business--

They're railway stations (and some postal offices, I think) in Switzerland.

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^It's mainly post offices here in Australia, although there are a few dedicated WU outlets here as well.

This is another scenario where bribery might occur: more organised gangs often have corrupt contacts in industries they might find useful. I could imagine a scenario where a lad bribes his mate in WU to let him know about incoming payments which he can then come and collect. Some of my dolla chops on lads work around this theme.
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm confused. Are ChoppaOfDolla and Bankster implying that there are countries outside the U.S., and that things are different there?

That makes me all kinds of xenophobic.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic