SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam Hunch, help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gift
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been communicating with someone I feel is playing with my intellect and emotions. They are posing as a F1 Engineer, staying in Scotland where they are coming to an end from their 3 month contract. They suddenly decide to live permanently in the UK. Anyone come across this id: [email protected]?

Thank you

Gift
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, Gift.

Before we can act, we will need more information to confirm if it is a scam or not. The outline of the format isn't familiar to me.

If you're not comfortable posting these messages (with personal information edited), I'm sure a MOD will be willing to help.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
fugly
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pay close attention to your feelings. If you feel that something is wrong, it probably is. I think most scam victums do feel a little tug at the back of their mind but decide to ignore it. You have done the right thing. Instead of just ignoring your feelings you have taken action by investigating further with the help of the almost pro group here at Eater.

I've got to say that I hate romance scanners most of all. Not only do they take your money but worse, rip you heart out.

Chief is quoted as saying: "He's like something out of the mafiosi. He's aggressive, brutal ...... there is no one to match Joe Blough for someone who articulates high principles while practicing the lowest skulduggery."

The Relation' home affairs spokesman, Chris Huhne, said: "Joe Blough is in this up to his neck and it is shocking that Blough continues to employ a quackish of presiding over skulduggery. It was always an astonishing lapse of judgment.

Apparently we contemplate in our end-week board to sue for slander!!!
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I see contract engineer and international travel in the context of someone questioning whether they are being scammed, I assume we are talking about a possible romance scam, as engineer on contract is the number one profession scammers use, and international travel is a key element of romance scammers' stories. Add "devoted single father of one child" and my spidey senses will definitely start to kick in.

However, from time to time, real engineers have been known to seek relationships online Very Happy This means that unless he has asked you for money at this point, we can't assume this is a scammer with just a name and this basic information. You also can't assume that he is not a scammer based on a lack of search results on his email, as scammers change character names and emails frequently enough that it could be a new one.

If you are uncomfortable posting his emails (your info removed, of course) and/or links to any social network or dating profiles he has open (though profiles of scammers are constantly being closed when they are reported or the stolen credit card they used is discovered, so it is very possible the profile no longer exists), drop me a pm and I can help you to sort it out if you would like.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you checked the header of any of his emails? If you're not sure how to do that, click on this.

Yahoo accounts do not strip IP addresses, so you can find out if he really is in the UK.

Did he give you a phone number that starts with 077?

Has he asked for money yet? Does he have a daughter/mother/aunt/etc. who is has met with a tragedy that can only get resolved if you wire some money off? Has he asked you to receive checks or packages?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic