SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Epic fail for Hotmail

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have spent the past week very confused as to the whether my Hotmail account was working properly. Outside email was not coming through, even when sent from myself at my work address. I asked friends to mail me, other hotmail users not a problem.

Today I decided to go onto the Windows Live Centre to see if there was anything there! Well it would appear that there is a major problem. Some bright spark has coded in a reset of filters to send all mail to Junk. This junk is the set to delete immediately!

No warning! No message that they would be doing this or that perhaps it's part of some crazy new 'default security setting' or summat that Hotmail are rolling out "for your protection".

http://windowslivehelp.com/community/15.aspx

This shows how many people have the problem who have realised they have a problem! Not many.

I am job hunting (as part of my new work life) at the moment and who knows what I've missed out on! One person on the site says they have now lost important emails from their landlord.

My post on that site, along with others have yet to be replied to.

This is unacceptable and I am fuming, so I am writing to all the tech pubs I can think of....

I am wall to wall entertainment (apparently so says Mr. E)
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What jerks. Switch to gmail fast.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They shouldn't just be able to reset your filters and/or preferences like that!

I have gmail but don't use it much, as I've had my hotmail account for years and that's everywhere.....

Maybe it's time.

A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't switch to yahoo either. The will captcha you to death lately.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reading that forum reminded me of this story about a small commercial plane flying into Seattle. It was night time, there was heavy fog and the radio was broken. The pilot had no idea where he was, or where the airport was. Then just as the fuel gauge read "empty", the fog lifted a bit and he saw a tall building with one light on. He throttled back as far as he dared, and flew as close to the building as he dared. One man was in the office working late. The pilot opened his window and yelled "where am I?". As he flew past he heard the guy answer "in an aeroplane." The pilot turned the plane and proceeded to make a perfect landing at the nearby airport. His passengers were astounded and asked how he managed to do it. "It's quite simple," he replied, "the answer that guy gave was 100% accurate and 100% useless. Therefore that was the Microsoft Technical Support offices and the airport is five miles due east from there."

The MS drones on that forum couldn't be more unhelpful if they tried. 99% of the time they don't even pass the Turing test.

I love the statistics:

In the last 24 hours:
2027 new questions
253 questions answered
606 solved questions

If I worked for Microsoft, those numbers would scare me s**tless.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe this explains why I have not been receiving any mail from Hotmail in the last 2 months in my Cayman Islands inbox. All mail to Hotmail accounts has gone without a reply. I can send mail back and forth between gmail and my work mail just fine.

If you guys have hotmail, it's time to check it. Send something to your gmail account and back.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So that's why the lads that use hotmail are quiet.

edit: just checked my hotmail account but nothing changed there.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aha!

RANT ALERT

If you browse that forum for any length of time you'll get used to seeing this cut-and-paste for any and all complaints about Hotmail rejecting incoming messages:
MS drone wrote:
I've escalated this issue to our Windows Live Hotmail Sender Support Team, but to speed up the resolution of the issue you may want to contact your domain admin and have them go to http://postmaster.live.com and review our policies and guidelines.

I know how email works, and this is plainly bad information. Nobody but Microsoft is responsible for them rejecting mail. Many of the people complaining are bona-fide senders of bulk-mail - subscribed newsletters and such. Their domain administrator is not to blame in any way for their mail getting rejected, and yet Microsoft is plainly trying to create a view in users' minds that their email provider is deficient in some way. Maybe we could stop there - Microsoft painting the opposition in a bad light in order to attract more custom.

But it gets worse. I went to http://postmaster.live.com, and what did I read?

MS policies and guidelines wrote:
The Sender ID Framework (SIDF) is an e-mail authentication technology protocol that helps address the problem of spoofing and fraudulent e-mails (phishing) by verifying the domain name from which e-mail is sent. E-mail that is SIDF compliant can be delivered more reliably. Windows Live Hotmail currently uses the Sender ID field to provide additional input to the SmartScreenTM junk e-mail filter process, helping to determine if the e-mail or sender is legitimate. We recommend that senders publish their Sender Policy Framework (SPF) records to help pass any Sender ID authentication checks.

So Microsoft is pushing SIDF and making domain administrators the bad guys if they don't implement it. I wonder why they would do that. It turns out that SIDF is an extension of SPF. SPF seems perfectly adequate and is an open standard, unlike SDIF:
Wikipedia wrote:
The Sender ID proposal was the subject of controversy regarding intellectual property licensing issues: Microsoft holds patents[citation needed] on key parts of Sender ID and used to license those patents under terms that were not compatible with the GNU General Public License and which were considered problematic for free software implementations in general. On October 23, 2006, Microsoft placed those patents under the Open Specification Promise, which is compatible with free and open source licenses, but not with the most recent version of the GPL license, version 3.x.

Embrace, Extend, Extinguish - and if you don't play along, we'll just steal all your customers by lying to them.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
their email provider is deficient in some way

In my case they are mine and they are deficient!

No way should they be able to change my filters like that without my knowledge.

I wrote again to a recruiter I'd contacted, he had sent me a reply..... Sad

r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sympathies for the problems

Ms Mockinatrix wrote:
my Hotmail account

i think this is where you were going wrong. Wink

lokol
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[email protected] Twisted Evil
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't get it. If anyone sends you mail it goes to the junk folder and is immediately deleted? Or does it have to contain a filtered word? Either way, that sucks.

If you don't like Gmail, you might want to try http://www.gmx.com/ . I think it was similar to hotmail's interface. www.inbox.com or www.crawler.com are okay. A little slow and very simple looking.

Fastmail.fm has updated their interface but still only offers 10 pinche MB of space.

If you can get over Gmail's interface, I suggest the reading this post http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1499076#1499076

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
curlyearl
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had to switch to gmail. Yahoo wouldn't let me send any messages. After doing the capcha every single time I get this:

Quote:
Your message was not sent

Your account has been temporarily blocked from sending messages. This block can be caused by sending messages that trigger our spam filters, or by having too many recipients in one email. We encourage you to review the contents and recipient list of your message, and try sending it at after an hour or two. Doing so will usually resolve the matter.
If you are still unable to send messages after a 24-hour period, please read our FAQ for more information and to request Customer Care assistance.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

The Yahoo! Mail Team

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ My ditzy housewife had the same problem. Notice the lads don't seem to have it Evil or Very Mad

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic