SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Are Lads harder to bait than two years ago?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
love2bait77
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone. After a year and half off I am trying to bait again but it seems that no matter how I play it the lads are not falling for the bait. Have they become more aware as to the baiting technique and if so what are some good ways to get around this?
Thanks,Love2bait Twisted Evil
-C-
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Possibly just bad luck. Though I too think there has been some sort of change in them. It's like if they are even lazier than before, ask for payment sooner and sooner and get far more irritated when there is even slightest of delay.
It used to be that a lad would go great lengths to convince me that he is real with all sorts of fake documents and crap. Now they just say, even already in their second email, "send me mucholotsofmoni by Western Onion plzkthxbye".

A good thing too, if you ask me. Makes real victims more suspicious, methinks, especially seeing that the public awareness of 419 is growing steadily.

Pith Helmet Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso -> Lome, Togo

Pith Helmet Joseph: Accra --> Lome. "IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU TO STOP FOOLING AROUND INTERNET OKAY."

"YOU WILL REGREAT INSULTIN ME. WATCH OUT AS THE TUNDER STROKES." -Idi.

"Hello", "Hello", "Are you a pineapple?" "Yes." -Phone conversation with a random lad now only known as "Mr. Pineapple".
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think they're harder to bait, just that you've had a bit of bad luck.

Take a look around the forums and you'll see baiters dropping just as many accounts, getting just as many safaris, running just as spectacular baits as in the past few years.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just as there will always be a steady flow of naive RL potential victims into the internet, there also seems to be a steady inflow of lad newbies who are ripe for the plucking, probably small bois from the bush who have seen the pompous guyman lifestyle and are desperate for their first score.

I say safari the little bastards across the Sahara. Laughing

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think the lads are harder to get but they seem to be looking for smaller instant results rather than developing a bigger score.

It could be that many of the potential victums no longer able to send money and give up when they can't raise the thousands of dollars that are being asked for.

p.
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
With economies in the UK and USA falling apart, the pickings for scammers are getting a bit thinner too.
Not sure how clued-in they'd be on that, but if they are, it would explain why they're asking for smaller amounts. As greedy as they are, they'd know that a victim would probably just give up if it was impossible for them to get the money at all.

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I say that scammers aren't getting any wiser.Scambaiting is basically like an arms race. They come up with more and more plausable scams, and we come up with better baits. Slowly the general public is becoming more Internet aware. Make sure all your freinds and relatives know what a 419 scam is, and ask them to let 10 of theri freinds know. So when eveybody can spot a scam instantly, all the scammers will be ours.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pablo wrote:
they seem to be looking for smaller instant results rather than developing a bigger score.

I've noticed this too. Maybe there are a lot more newbie scammers who are lazy second comers into the field think it will be easy to get rich quick as a "fraud star"? Maybe there are more baiters or insult-baiters making their new "job" miserable?

Regardless, as Slightly points out, it's still quite possible to bait them. OP must have had a string of bad luck. Welcome back to the game! Very Happy

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
love2bait77
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks everyone.. I am trying to take it slow back in the saddle. I am saying very little in the baits at first except " I am interested to hear more" or " oh dear i think you have sent that email to the wrong rich old lady..too bad I cant help" or " my investment firm is currently not looking in that field but if you know of anyone who..."
so slow out there..wish that lads would take the bait..make it fun
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Scambaiting is basically like an arms race.

Exactly, and so some of the baiting techniques you may have used in your past baiting life may be a bit worn and passe now.

I think Lads are more aware of 'jokers' now, hence straight baiting is a better technique these days.

Those wacky days of pretending to be Father Xmas or someone who's already dead may be on their way out, but I'm sure somebody's going to prove me wrong.... Smile

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
dogsbum
NN's whore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been doing lots of reading on a number of sites. Business seems brisk from what I can see.

Most of my lads are romance scammers and a few are from targeted contacts I gained from here (long baits). Most romancers ask for money by the second chat encounter ... and I have about a half dozen chats going simultaneously. One waited ages before dropping the inevitable scam. All appear to pass me around at the money point ... generally onto to someone whose language skills were appalling and noticeably worse than the initial contact.

I try to use the university guides / tutorials as best I can but so far most of my lads are just plain lazy bastards. I'm learning to delay their gratification more and more ... chat (yahoo for example) is far too immediate. They can force the issue over western onion sooner and check immediately. So once I make contact, I now swing them to email because I am moving around too much.

I suspect my bait efforts are more a function of my lack of wide experience: probably. I don't consider them all failures especially when I can string chats out for 3 - 4 hours plus the associated 'no shows' and dodgy phone calls.

I'm chalking all of this up to a learning experience. My oga is my mentor ... grovel, grovel ... please stop burning me master. I will do much better soon ...

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Make a lad cry today and God will reward you.]</a>
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Zombie or Steward (real) returns - you decide.
Steward is a Delete sensitive material regarding identity - Steward

Exproba tuos pusiones saepe et quam saevissime!
(Slap lads often and as hard as possible!!)

Miseria et tardum letium omnibus factoribus doli!
(Woe and a slow death to all scammer lads!)
(Thanks Otterfan for the Latin)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic