SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Need help from experienced baiters

View next topic
View previous topic

DazaXIII
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

New to the forum so apologies if it's the wrong section but I thought I'd better post this regardless.

I’m playing with a scammer in Benin at the moment and this morning I’ve received the following email from him. In the context of the baiting and all we’ve exchanged so far this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Therefore I’m a little worried I may have got this email by mistake and he meant to send it someone else (Prakash Metha?) who may be about to fall for his scam and lose a lot of money.
Just wanted to put it out there for those with more experience than me to see what you think and also if it might be real if one of you could maybe contact the bank or get a warning to the victim somehow. Thanks.

---------

Be informed that we have received the new bank account informations you faxed to us through your agent in India to this new account below:

KRUNG THAI PUBLIC BANK LIMITED.
233 M.2.T HANGDONG, CHIANGMAI 50230 THAILAND.
ACCOUNT NO: 538-00-0325166
SWIFT: KRTHTHBKBEF:
PRAKASH METHA.

As well as the new email address to send copy of the transfer slip. It is very important that you note that because of the huge amount involved we can not just transfer the fund to the new account without a written and signed letter of authority from you to us to that effect.
It is important you send us a letter of authority because as the legal beneficiary of the fund, every instructions for change of account and receivers name must be signed.
We wait for the letter of authority and also confirm the above account correct as you forwarded to us through your agent.
Yours Sincerely,
Mrs Rosemary Ajovi, (Sec.)
For: Mr Andrien West.
EcoBank
Benin .
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like a typical lad script.

That's the bank account they want to use for a transfer. Just report it to Alan. Modalities here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780

Try mailing them back saying you didn't understand what they talking about.

"No amount of semen donation will save this situation" Sanny Sanny
"We must disagree to agree" Raji Musa

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i think the lad wants you to pay money into an account of a company or individual in thailand.

however, i would not be so sure that this is a scammer account.
it's possible that the scammer is trying to get you to pay a bill for him,
ie, he has set up a trade deal with a thai company, and if you pay the bill, he will get the goods (effectively for free).

it may come as a surprise to know that nigeria and thailand are major trading partners.
mainly rice and oil, i think, but probably lots of import/export business as well.
it's probably less of a surprise to know that many lads have legit or semi-legit businesses to supplement their income from scamming.

if my guess is right and you're being asked to fund a trade deal, try renegotiating the amount.
the lad has (probably) agreed payment terms with the thai company,
so if you declare you will pay a lower amount, you might be screwing with his deal. Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic