SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I've been baiting the Craiglist personals section

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
matador
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been been baiting the Craigslist personals section, and I've gotten some interesting cases of lads or should I say vlads on there because many of them come from the former Soviet Union/Eastern Europe.

To begin with most the emails I receive from scammers/spammers via Craigslist personals have better English and seem to be more believable. As many of the scammers/spammers tend to refer to local landmarks and popular hangouts for the city I am posting in.

Also when I a header analysis many of their emails don't trace back to Africa unlike in the case of regular lads, but to the former Soviet Union/Eastern Europe, Germany, France, Brazil, Argentina, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as the US and UK.

I find this interesting that 419 activity is going on in the countries I listed, even though I am not surprised t say the least. However I also figured some of them could be IP spoofing also.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is not a single-continent problem, there are crooks ALL OVER!

I'm pleased you mentioned this, as too often we get accused of baiting being a racist sport, and I hope this is an illustration for anyone confused that scammers come from all over the world.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
It is not a single-continent problem, there are crooks ALL OVER!

I'm pleased you mentioned this, as too often we get accused of baiting being a racist sport, and I hope this is an illustration for anyone confused that scammers come from all over the world.

Very true I would assume,

Btw do you think anything could be done about these scammers originating from countries like the US, UK, France, and Germany, especially since the online/financial crime infrastructure and willingness is there in terms of law enforcement, especially if there is IP addresses?
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, probably. Make dossiers on them - names, IP addresses, dates, headers, etc., then send them to the police forces. If they have enough information and evidence, they may act.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic