SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A lad has spoofed my email address, or something

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today I found that I've gotten over 100 emails in response to an ATM card scam sent out by [email protected]. Nearly all of them were automatic responses by anti-spam filters and stuff. One of them was a bunch of insults directed at the scammer. There didn't seem to be any real responses, other than the insults. The emails I got in my inbox were all directed at Johnny--yet they were in my inbox. I don't know how that works, or what I should do about it.

At first, I thought Johnny may have been having his own email address spoofed (although I am now fairly convinced he is the scammer) and I sent him a message telling him about my situation. So that might not have been good...

I also sent a message to the insulter telling him about the situation and asking how he saw my email address and Johnny's in the scam email he received, as well as two warning messages to two people I thought had responded (but which I later found were auto-responses).

Here is the email J0hnny originally sent out. His "name" was Committee on Foreign Payment.

This is to officially inform you that (ATM Card Number 048000101775550) has
been accredited with your favor. Your Personal Identification Number is 437.The
ATM Card Value is £500,000.00(Five Hundred Thousand,Great British Pounds Sterling).

You are advised to contact Mr.Joe Clark via Email:[email protected]) with the following information's;

FULL NAME:
DELIVERY ADDRESS:
PHONE NUMBER:
SEX:

Regards,
Committee On Foreign Payment

-------------

Me again. Since he gave Joe Clark as the address to respond to, I guess I wouldn't receive any actual responses from potential vicitms, but I'll keep a look out. What is the proper course of action in this situation?

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mega Bandit wrote:
At first, I thought Johnny may have been having his own email address spoofed (although I am now fairly convinced he is the scammer)

I can't imagine why he would do this - if any victims did reply, he'd never see them. I can only assume lad logic. Maybe an attempted mailbomb from someone you've pissed off in the past?

If you do get any real victim replies, be sure to tell them about scams to protect them in the future. Otherwise I've got no real advice to give.

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like you really pissed off a lad. All I can say is: Well done! Laughing

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So a scammer was probably mad at me? If so, that's awesome, but the emails are a bit annoying. Anyway, it's happening in the account that I'm using for my "mass ASEM" script, which I'm using to send emails to over 400 (now probably only about 250) scammers every weekday.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177125

I'm getting more and more personal responses with very little effort on my part, and some of the scammers are starting to get confused and annoyed with my lack of responding to the points they make. I guess someone might have gotten annoyed enough with that to start something like this, and I do already get tons of emails a day so I don't use this for individual baiting, so it doesn't affect me a whole lot.

I'm not very familiar with Scamwarners. Should I send the format to them and give any possible victims a link to it, or something like that?

EDIT: I just checked my spam folder, and in the last 24 hours, I've gotten over 3,000 "cannot sent message" emails. In the words of Peter Chimaera, "Giant greats!" This may be a problem, after all.

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
Clark Fur Trading
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This happens quite frequently to my account that I use for lad insults. A few of the more tech-savvy lads do this if you truly piss them off or if they peg you for a joker.
I wouldn't be too worried about it. Just delete the whole archive of spam and continue pissing them off. If you're using gmail, they won't shut off your account for having the address used in this manner (although if you're rocking out 400+ BCC's with one message, it might Wink ).
I take it as a badge of honor when pets do this to me. It lets me know that I am really getting under their skin.

"We have not experince this kind of stress trying to receive our payment since the inception of our operation. We can no longer go on with this unyeilding transaction" - Ch@rles Rob@rt0n, S3cur3 Sh13ld Guru!
"People like you are not common to see in this universe." - Felix Obih
"I am devastated by my brothers health.the wound of his hynia cut is not healing fast.though the doctor ahve removed the ropes in there." - Albertine and Jonathan
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it's possible to direct them to a brand new account that no-one else knows about, it might be fun to just turn on the auto-reply with an insulting message and watch them get their own mailbombs bounced back in their face Wink

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^Technomancer: Except these responses would "bounce back in the face" of the anti-spam filters, and the few genuine victims who sent insults.

It wouldn't hurt the spammer at all.

Mega: Consider it a badge of honor and move on. If the point of baiting is to get the scammer to waste their time, you've done so!

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic