SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Who's Who of Professionals: Scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
playing
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Split from here. -luckey

Dear all,
I was also so stupid to reply on this message and allowed myself to be catched in this fraud business (this year., 2009.)
Who's who publications were familiar to me, due to we have one in my country, and I thought it would be interesting to be able to be in contact through this kind of organization with probably whole world.
As I applied for my company sake, during interview I asked if my company can pay membership fee, but they said that first it has to go through your credit card and than company can pay, and than money will be reimbursed to your credit card! Fortunately, I haven't done this, otherwiese they would get money twice!
I cancelled membership within allowed period of 45 days, due to accessing their directories for "members only", I've seen that is all nothing, really, and certanly is not valid 970 USD.
They have sent me Cancellation letter to sign, where their "cost" wasn't only 20% of cancellation fee, but finally was 41 %!!! They explained that with the "costs they had for me", and those costs doesn't include sending publication to your address (for 400 USD!!!), e.g.
Anyway, I'm now trying to get my money back (part of it, of course) for 3 months, and I wonder if anybody ever have get from them money back???
I just wonder, how, if it is knonw that this organization is fraud and is taking money from people, they can still exist and work???

whatwouldfsmdo wrote:
I am so HONOURED! :P
Razz

Quote:
Dear xxxxx xxxxxxx :

On behalf of International WHO'S WHO of Professionals, I am pleased to inform you that you have been nominated as a candidate for inclusion in the 2006-2007 edition. We congratulate you. Nomination to WHO'S WHO is an honor in itself. WHO'S WHO has over 20,000 members in 154 countries. It is the most elite professional network in the world. The members assist each other daily with business and career opportunities. It is in times like these that such a network is most valuable and we are seeing members help other members expand their businesses, find new positions, even relocate to another country.

If selected into WHO'S WHO, you will also be listed in the 2006-2007 edition of International WHO'S WHO of Professionals. This is the definitive work on the world's leaders in commerce, economics, policy, and trade.

We do require additional information to complete the selection process and ask that you provide your biographical data by accessing the form on our website at: http://www.internationalwhoswho.com/Nominations/FE1743C.aspx

Our editorial deadline is quickly approaching. I urge you to act today. If you delay, I cannot guarantee the committee will have ample time to review your submission.

Sincerely,

Wayne Uehara
Publications Director
2020 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., PMB #504
Washington, D.C. 20006

P.S. There is no cost or obligation to be listed in the International WHO'S WHO of Professionals. To ensure your biographical data is received in time, please complete the online form http://www.internationalwhoswho.com/Nominations/FE1743C.aspx by April 7, 2006. Upon review, our Membership Selection Committee will be in touch with you.

Members of our Board of Advisors include: Wallid Abdo, CEO, Eurobrokers-Greece; Michael Gondive, CEO, Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank-Kenya; Fehmi Sami, Senior VP, Citibank, N.A.-Great Britain; Yusuf Alami, COO, Abdu Dhabi Investment Company-UAE; Mikhail Zaitsev, Finance Director, Volvo Car-Russia; DR. Jung Kook Paeng, CIO, Hyundai Motor Company, Korea; John Sai Chi Mak, Managing Director, Bulova Watch International, Ltd.-Hong Kong; and Aldo Castelli, President, Shell Brasil, Ltda.-Brazil

Note: If you wish to unsubscribe from Who's Who of Professionals please click on the link below:

http://www.internationalwhoswho.com/unsubscribe.aspx

I wondered what the scam was here and quickly googled to the answer here:
http://www.internationalwhoswho.de/index.html

Among other useful info, I found some similarity to our Lads from Lagos:

Quote:
Asked why they are charging for membership, the membership officer will advise you that there are costs associated with the process which have to be covered. He will then push you hard to join and will quickly ask for your credit card number. Anyone who is still reluctant to join, will be informed, that the new member can cancel membership within the first 40 days and that only a retention fee of 20% is charged.

When the membership is actually cancelled, Who�s Who will not react. Pushed hard, they will offer you a rebate on the membership fee or ask you for a cancellation fee of 40% instead of 20%. The person who contacts the new member who wishes to quit, claims, that that fee is �company policy� and that she cannot cancel membership for a lesser fee. Faced with their own letter of confirmation, where the retention fee of 20% is confirmed, the network becomes silent. Protests are not honoured. It takes months of hard pushing before Who�s Who will react, if at all.

So we should rename this place "International Who's Gullible?" :P :P

My question is -- knowing exactly how they operate (as described on the .de website), how could someone bait these people?
:?
Pepe_Lepew
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a similar letter from the Caimbridge Scholrs who is who or some other BS. I filled out their form online and indicated that my field of work was prostitution, and had a bunch of (wht I thought were) humerous answers for all of their stupid questions. The website indicated it was free to become listed, but you have to pay for their book. Funny thing, I have not heard back from them?
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@playing: Immediately contact your credit card company and file a dispute. Don't wait.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
playing
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, again

I would like to advise you all that I'VE GOT MY MONEY BACK!!! After 6 months of struggling with them, after about 40 e-mails, and numerous phone calls, I couldn't believe this morning when I've opened letter from my bank with the bank statement of my USD account and I saw that I've received the money!!! Of course, it is just part of it (about 43% they have taken, anyway) but I really didn't have any hope that this could happened.
Therefore, if you have enough patience and will, maybe you got your money too! At least, part of it!
I wish you all all the best.

playing wrote:
Split from here. -luckey

Dear all,
I was also so stupid to reply on this message and allowed myself to be catched in this fraud business (this year., 2009.)
Who's who publications were familiar to me, due to we have one in my country, and I thought it would be interesting to be able to be in contact through this kind of organization with probably whole world.
As I applied for my company sake, during interview I asked if my company can pay membership fee, but they said that first it has to go through your credit card and than company can pay, and than money will be reimbursed to your credit card! Fortunately, I haven't done this, otherwiese they would get money twice!
I cancelled membership within allowed period of 45 days, due to accessing their directories for "members only", I've seen that is all nothing, really, and certanly is not valid 970 USD.
They have sent me Cancellation letter to sign, where their "cost" wasn't only 20% of cancellation fee, but finally was 41 %!!! They explained that with the "costs they had for me", and those costs doesn't include sending publication to your address (for 400 USD!!!), e.g.
Anyway, I'm now trying to get my money back (part of it, of course) for 3 months, and I wonder if anybody ever have get from them money back???
I just wonder, how, if it is knonw that this organization is fraud and is taking money from people, they can still exist and work???

whatwouldfsmdo wrote:
I am so HONOURED! Razz
Razz

Quote:
Dear xxxxx xxxxxxx :

On behalf of International WHO'S WHO of Professionals, I am pleased to inform you that you have been nominated as a candidate for inclusion in the 2006-2007 edition. We congratulate you. Nomination to WHO'S WHO is an honor in itself. WHO'S WHO has over 20,000 members in 154 countries. It is the most elite professional network in the world. The members assist each other daily with business and career opportunities. It is in times like these that such a network is most valuable and we are seeing members help other members expand their businesses, find new positions, even relocate to another country.

If selected into WHO'S WHO, you will also be listed in the 2006-2007 edition of International WHO'S WHO of Professionals. This is the definitive work on the world's leaders in commerce, economics, policy, and trade.

We do require additional information to complete the selection process and ask that you provide your biographical data by accessing the form on our website at: http://www.internationalwhoswho.com/Nominations/FE1743C.aspx

Our editorial deadline is quickly approaching. I urge you to act today. If you delay, I cannot guarantee the committee will have ample time to review your submission.

Sincerely,

Wayne Uehara
Publications Director
2020 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., PMB #504
Washington, D.C. 20006

P.S. There is no cost or obligation to be listed in the International WHO'S WHO of Professionals. To ensure your biographical data is received in time, please complete the online form http://www.internationalwhoswho.com/Nominations/FE1743C.aspx by April 7, 2006. Upon review, our Membership Selection Committee will be in touch with you.

Members of our Board of Advisors include: Wallid Abdo, CEO, Eurobrokers-Greece; Michael Gondive, CEO, Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank-Kenya; Fehmi Sami, Senior VP, Citibank, N.A.-Great Britain; Yusuf Alami, COO, Abdu Dhabi Investment Company-UAE; Mikhail Zaitsev, Finance Director, Volvo Car-Russia; DR. Jung Kook Paeng, CIO, Hyundai Motor Company, Korea; John Sai Chi Mak, Managing Director, Bulova Watch International, Ltd.-Hong Kong; and Aldo Castelli, President, Shell Brasil, Ltda.-Brazil

Note: If you wish to unsubscribe from Who's Who of Professionals please click on the link below:

http://www.internationalwhoswho.com/unsubscribe.aspx

I wondered what the scam was here and quickly googled to the answer here:
http://www.internationalwhoswho.de/index.html

Among other useful info, I found some similarity to our Lads from Lagos:

Quote:
Asked why they are charging for membership, the membership officer will advise you that there are costs associated with the process which have to be covered. He will then push you hard to join and will quickly ask for your credit card number. Anyone who is still reluctant to join, will be informed, that the new member can cancel membership within the first 40 days and that only a retention fee of 20% is charged.

When the membership is actually cancelled, Who�s Who will not react. Pushed hard, they will offer you a rebate on the membership fee or ask you for a cancellation fee of 40% instead of 20%. The person who contacts the new member who wishes to quit, claims, that that fee is �company policy� and that she cannot cancel membership for a lesser fee. Faced with their own letter of confirmation, where the retention fee of 20% is confirmed, the network becomes silent. Protests are not honoured. It takes months of hard pushing before Who�s Who will react, if at all.

So we should rename this place "International Who's Gullible?" Razz Razz

My question is -- knowing exactly how they operate (as described on the .de website), how could someone bait these people?
Confused
Surprised
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic