SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

If you ever question the scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jcteck88
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some times they may be legit business opps. Chances are theyre 90% bull. The EFCC has a website you can goto and they will verrify if the business is legit and if they have the proper paperwork.

Hey i know its not a great percentage but educate your self with there site anyways.

http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_artforms&formid=1&Itemid=76
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's doubtful that the EFCC know their assholes from their elbows half the time.
I also wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them - unfortunately, like many Nigerian institutions, they are riddled with corruption.
Add to that the fact that their criteria for clearing a transaction are so basic that any determined lad could circumvent them and I wouldn't go to the EFCC if you paid me to.

If someone needs to know if they're dealing with a scam, they're far better off going to www.scamwarners.com.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

may be bogus itself Wink not a RSOT in sight

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's actually pretty easy to spot a scam. I don't know why more people can't.

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
luckey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jcteck88 wrote:
Some times they may be legit business opps. Chances are theyre 90% bull.

With respect, that's nonsense. Legitimate businesses deals NEVER involve the promise of heaping piles of cash onto random strangers through anonymous email accounts.

Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

foo123 wrote:
It's actually pretty easy to spot a scam. I don't know why more people can't.

Some people want to believe so much they do, I think its 90% psychological, they are not preying on the stupid, they are preying on the desperate. Lot of people are living week to week, or even day to day so any glimpse of hope looks a lot better in their position.

The other 10% is more than likely the naive, just plain trusting, probably not of the computer generation. In the days of grandfathers, fraud was a lot less common to the public, and people trusted each other, a man's word actually meant something. It's probably hard for these older folk to shake that believe and trust.

Just my 2 cents

Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, given that a lot of scams come from outside Nigeria, they'd be off the EFCC's radar anyway,

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
mendacity
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't trust that EFCC thing either - Although, I hate to generalise, I mean, it is from Nigeria ... so say no more. Trust is the last thing I'd be throwing in the direction of that website. I agree that it's much safer to go to Scamwarners.

Huntington wrote:

I think its 90% psychological, they are not preying on the stupid, they are preying on the desperate.

Absolutely! It's kind of a bit like that psychological disorder called 'Stockholm Syndrome' in a way (from the controlling/intimidating perspective) - more so especially for the love scams that go on for extended periods of time ... no matter what, they still love their emotionally and psychologically manipulating scammer and always believe they're right. And even when they doubt just the tiniest bit, they're reprimanded back into place where they grovel for forgiveness.
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes it is hard to trust any site on the web. Some fake sites do look very authentic. I think you have to take everything with a touch of caution.

Too bad you can't try baiting the EFCC site to see what you catch. Very Happy

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic