SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New angle for 419 scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Caretaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A question was asked on Yahoo Answers which looks like a new strategy for the 419 scam. The submitter was a contributor of four years but was apparently passing on the request which will have resulted in bank details. I want to pass this because it hits a number of vulnerable people directly. Since it's not Spam based it will be harder to thwart. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100114043120AAUEMjA&r=w#GLFYL0nlV1H_YEnx9xcf

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like someone fell for a love lad and just asked for advice there. I see you've already posted something about it there.

I don't see how this isn't spam based. The posting itself isn't a scam; it only asks for advice, not money or bank accounts. I'm guessing the original message from the "fiancé" was indeed spam, either through email or a dating site.

Of course, I just woke up and may have missed something - in that case feel free to ignore me. Wink

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i would have to agree with foo, looks like the person posting has fallen for a R scam themself and is under the believe that what they are doing is right. Have you contacted the poster? perhaps someone from scamwarners should do so. If our suspicions are correct.

Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the question appears to have been deleted in the meantime, so that's kind of sorted itself out. Smile

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
Caretaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I joined to illuminate a possible new strategy in 914 scams stemming from a seemingly innocuous Yahoo Answer's question. I'm too illiterate to understand how to reply to replys. (My only condolence is I'm a Mac user and we don't have to be literate.)

But staying on topic I just noticed another potential avenue of approach for 419ers to hit the unseuspecting. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100114194628AAGSuLl This query, obviously more guile than merit, is a good platform to conduct 419 activities.

I'm open to email to resolve my reply issues. I worked on computers before solid state, when: and, nor, not gates were a function of grid bias. When computers were Analog because we used gang-tuned servos and resolvers. Digital wasn't born yet. Your stylus's and punch cards were boring so I transitioned to Aircrew, before that was taken over by the very computers I was trying to escape. So I need all the help I can get. Thanks

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know about it's relation to 419.. but yahoo answers is often used for a certain type of marketing. You pose a question and answer it yourself under another account, usually in a manner that makes you money.. I'm sure it can be used for advance fee fraud but it is much harder to use in place of what is already done.

I'm sure that sounds like I support 419, WHICH I DO NOT. I'm just stating it from their POV.

U SACK OF WINE-western western

Closed lad accounts x7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic