SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

PM's from Spammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Diana Prince
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Nobody ever sends me spammy/scammy/phishy PMs on Eater. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Closed lad accountsEaster Egg
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ They're working off the first page of the member list. Want me to send you one? Laughing

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Check your inbox. Very Happy

(Edit: Beaten to it by Ima)

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
Diana Prince
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Well, receiving practically instantaneous Valentine's Day validation from both Ima and Bankster warms my heart.
I'm now retreating into my invisible airplane while you-all targeted members and mods deal with the real villains trying to bedevil our community.

edited to add: Bankster actually sent me a "massage" via PM, and I now have a new PM "o" message from Fartina. ooooooooooooooooo.
Looks like I've accidentally created my own "catcher account." LOL_sign

Closed lad accountsEaster Egg
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please let me know if this continues. I put in a challenge question yesterday that should stop automated bots from registering.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't had anything for 2 days now. Thanks Rover! Very Happy

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
dragonlady
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A Skinner wrote:
I haven't had anything for 2 days now. Thanks Rover! Very Happy

Me too - but strangely, I feel unloved........ Crying or Very sad

YOUR SON,
PRINCE. OLIVER
deedeewill
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im not sure I understand whats going on here,( I am new )

Are these spammers sending us links to viruses to click on to hopefully give us viruses in pm's?
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They were sending out links to what I assume was a virus pretending to be an antivirus program (site is down now, but URL looks like classic fake antivirus site).

Basically, it tells you you have viruses, then offers to "clean" them by installing a real virus which tries to get you to pay them for the "full version" which "removes" the viruses you didn't have in the first place. One of my least favorite scams.

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rover, in Feb wrote:
Please let me know if this continues. I put in a challenge question yesterday that should stop automated bots from registering.

Thankfully, Rover was able to put a stop to them registering. We've not had any recent reports so it shouldn't be an issue. If you do receive any PM's here that are suspicious, please notify a moderator.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, there'll be a text to log on???

Where do I study? How can I know what my score is? I have really bad test anxiety...

J/K I think that is a great addition. You all are so on task here, thank you all!

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

foo123 wrote:
Basically, it tells you you have viruses, then offers to "clean" them by installing a real virus which tries to get you to pay them for the "full version" which "removes" the viruses you didn't have in the first place. One of my least favorite scams.

If only there were a way to bait the virus scammers...

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
maninblack
419Eater is my life

Location: Reality, But it's an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm starting to get paranoid now i have read this
Smile

The Indecisive (Erraticus maninblackicum): Lad who puts differing answers down for the same questions on seperate attempts at getting their MTCN on MTCN V@ult

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Well i just want to know if it is Sandra my girlfriend that you are having sex with now , How can you collect my money and also fucking my girlfriend what the hell on this earth have i done to you that make you to be treating me this way, No one as ever make me shed tears long time ago but you are making me to do it now what have i done to you.
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ It's called scareware, and quite profitable if done right. Most of the professional fake virus scanners are made in Russia and the US. The usual rule applies - don't install anything from untrusted sources, keep your browser and plug-ins patched and use an up-to-date virus scanner. Then you should be pretty safe.

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Federal prosecutors have accused three men of running an operation that used fraudulent ads to dupe internet users around the world into buying more than $100m worth of bogus anti-virus software.

The defendants operated companies including Innovative Marketing and Byte Hosting Internet Services, which perpetuated an elaborate scheme that tricked internet publishers into posting malware-laced ads on their websites, according to an indictment filed Wednesday. The banners allegedly presented messages falsely claiming visitors' computers contained dangerous malware and other defects that could be fixed by purchasing software that cost from $30 to $70.

The scheme often tricked users into purchasing multiple sham products, which were sold under names including Malware Alarm, Antivirus 2008 and VirusRemover 2008.

The charges, filed in US District Court in Chicago, largely echo allegations the Federal Trade Commission made in December 2008 against operators of of the same companies. The federal judge hearing that case has held Innovative Marketing in contempt of court and fined it $8,000 per day for failing to comply with a temporary restraining order to shut down the scareware operation.

The three defendants stand accused of setting up at least seven fictitious advertising agencies that placed ads on unnamed websites. The ads redirected viewers to websites that presented graphics that mimicked virus scans falsely claiming machines were riddled with a variety of dangerous infections.

To keep the scheme alive, the men allegedly established multiple merchant accounts to allow victims to purchase the rogue anti-virus products. That allowed the men to have a fresh account to use when an older one got shut down because of repeated requests for refunds. They also used multiple payment sites.

The 57-page indictment names Shaileshkumar P. Jain, 40, a US citizen who is believed to be living in Ukraine; James Reno, 26, of Amelia, Ohio; and Bjorn Daniel Sundin, 31, a Swedish citizen. Each was charged with one count each of computer fraud and conspiracy to commit computer fraud. Sundin and Jain were each charged with 24 counts of wire fraud, and Reno was charged with 12 counts of wire fraud.

Each count of wire fraud carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Prosecutors are also seeking the forfeiture of $100m from a bank account located in Ukraine.

The indictment claimed Sundin, Jain and several unnamed individuals owned and operated Innovative Marketing, the Belize-based company that sold the software. Reno and others allegedly owned Byte Hosting, which prosecutors said operated call centers that provided technical and billing support to victims of the scam.

In all, the scheme is alleged to have tricked internet users in more than 60 countries into making purchases

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/28/scarware_scam_charges/

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic