SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My lad gone from angry to apologetic

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kellysheroes
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last night I got an email from him:

Quote:

Dr Chris Atwood,

I am really getting tired with this transaction.If you people are not ready please we can stop.For up to two months now it has been one excuse or the other,and I keep reserving the money instead of using it for other willing creditors .Still it takes you at times more than a week to respond to mails,most times you keep repeating yourself.

In your mail before last,you told me that you were asked to take over the transaction,since your Accountant Mr. Chris is a little busy,and you asked me the next thing to go forward and I told you that the next thing is to arrange to endorse your transfer documents which will enable the Central Bank of Nigeria to transfer the money to your Bank Account as submitted.

I also suggested that I can introduce a lawyer to do the endorsement for you if you can not come to do it yourself,this was more than 5days a go,but today you are still asking me the next thing to do instead of telling me weather you are coming for the endorsement or I should introduce a lawyer to you.The same question you asked and I explained to you about 5days ago is what you have repeated.Your attitude does not show any seriousness at all in this transaction.

I cant understand why you are hesitant over this money.If you don't need it please let us know immediately,and if you need it you must sit up and lets conclude this transfer without further delay.

I am in receipt of your telephone Number.Is it your private number of the church number? I will enclose my own private number so that you can call me if you wish.

Thanks, I need an urgent response to this mail,I will not appreciate any more delay please.

Andrew Ibe
Internal Auditor,Ministry Of Finance
Tel;234 81 3506 3725

Not a happy bunny. But anway he visited my fake church website (My google analytics confirms this).

He then sent this email to me:

Quote:
Dr Chris Atwood/Chris Smith

I went through your website and I am impress with what I saw about your church,THE FIRST CHURCH OF SCIENCE.I am happy to associate with such a Christian Church.I am an Anglican by birth.

Your church is really doing the work of evangelism from your church History and achievements I read.I also read about your Health care project in Nigeria and how your church partners with about thirteen African countries.I could also see you clear pictures and what you are in the church.

I am very happy to associate with you and the FIRST CHURCH OF SCIENCE.This will be the more reason why I will assist your church to get this money to be able to increase your charity works.With what I saw,I am impress and more willing to assist the church.

Thanks,
Andrew Ibe

He seems to be apologetic now. I think the website I built managed to convince him that I am a 'serious' bait. Whats your impression of his attitude?

Wow, Thats nice..so all you need me to do is fill in the contract and do what be held in bodage. madafaka dont fucking send me thios email anymore i got things to do. plus i'm nigerian and u can tell by d name. Emmy.... well take care and do not contact me anymore bye.

Scam Artist
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very convincing site Very Happy
If you've been baiting him for a while, I guess he'd be getting frustrated by the delays and wanting to hurry you along in the hope of getting a payout from you.
Though if he got the idea you're a rich target, he'll turn from being pushy to being a brown-noser. Seen it myself when a lad was sending me messages "from his employer" to say his bank was very unhappy and believed I wasn't taking him seriously. Although when he heard that my character is the daughter of a guy who made a fortune running a computer company and probably has access to loads of cash, he quickly returned to being all nice and businesslike.

Considering it's my first bait though, I'm taking any sign of frustration from my lad as a sign I'm doing well Wink hehe

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Kellysheroes
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically, I copy and paste it from other sites. Put some key words in google (church, sermon etc) and graft images, news, text etc from other sites.

My guess is that the lad won't actually read or take on what's been written. But the look and words make the suggestions that its legitimate church.

The address on the contact page is the London HQ of Scientology.

Wow, Thats nice..so all you need me to do is fill in the contract and do what be held in bodage. madafaka dont fucking send me thios email anymore i got things to do. plus i'm nigerian and u can tell by d name. Emmy.... well take care and do not contact me anymore bye.

Scam Artist
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The address on the contact page is the London HQ of Scientology

much as i dislike scientology [and religion in general] this might not be in agreement with the i.t.p rule.
otherwise - top marks!

edited to include a crucial 'not' word Embarassed

Kellysheroes
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ah okay. Well I wanted to use the address of that house that doesn't exist in a street in london. Does anybody know the address? Happy to change it.

Scam Artist
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

r2d2 wrote:

much as i dislike scientology [and religion in general] this might not be in agreement with the i.t.p rule.

I'm not sure about this. How much does the ITP rule cover? I recall large famous structures like the Seattle Space Needle being allowed, and Scientology is kind of famous.

In the end it comes down to your own personal morals and interpretations of the guidelines here. And you know the Scientologists deserve it. Smile

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

foo123 wrote:
I'm not sure about this.

i'm not sure either, hence the word 'might' Wink

personally, i just invent addresses - having a genuine address is never necessary for my baits, as lads don't seem to check them.

Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

r2d2 wrote:
having a genuine address is never necessary for my baits, as lads don't seem to check them.

Some do. I've got one of those suspicious ones who seems to be carefully checking up on everything. He came back asking me why he couldn't verify my address in the next mail, so I'm saying it's just a small side street and probably wouldn't appear on some street maps.

I suspect this guy has been burned quite badly before though. Excessive paranoia is a good sign, hopefully he'll be this suspicious of a real potential victim too. Smile

Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^The really suspicious ones are almost self-baiting, and they are a joy to behold.

If the goal of a baiter is to get the scammer to waste time, what a great success if you've managed to get your lad to fact-check every single thing that's emailed to him!

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Technomancer wrote:
r2d2 wrote:
having a genuine address is never necessary for my baits, as lads don't seem to check them.

Some do. I've got one of those suspicious ones who seems to be carefully checking up on everything. He came back asking me why he couldn't verify my address in the next mail, so I'm saying it's just a small side street and probably wouldn't appear on some street maps.

that is the back-up plan i would use if a lad queried it, though i haven't needed to use it yet.
but it's interesting to know that some do make checks.
i'm guessing it's still a rare thing though, yes?

Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Seems to be. I haven't tested my character's fake address on any others yet though. Wondering if it just looks a bit odd to them.
My character is (apparently!) living in Cardiff in Wales, and I just made up the street name using the Welsh translation of "Bad Wolf" from the Doctor Who episode "Boom Town".
(Yep, I know, I'm a geek! lol)
The postcode was originally the one for the ticket office at the Millennium Stadium with a couple of the letters changed around.

Closed lad accounts x1
BearEater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kellysheroes wrote:
My guess is that the lad won't actually read or take on what's been written. But the look and words make the suggestions that its legitimate church.

The address on the contact page is the London HQ of Scientology.

Just an observation... The address is in London but the telephone number is in Seattle, WA.... Laughing

They certainly don't look carefully.... Very Happy
Kellysheroes
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know, but my lad hasn't ticked yet on that one.

On another matter, I recieved this email from him:

Quote:
Dr Chris Atwood,

I am normal,nothing is wrong with me.After replying your mail,I went into your website,and I was impress with what I saw,that prompted my second mail the same day.My second mail is to acknowledge what I saw in your website which I appreciate,so nothing is wrong with me as you questioned.

Now that you don't want the services of a lawyer we can send the papers to you.It means an officer from the Accounts dept. will bring the papers by hand for your endorsement.The policy is that you must sign before an officer of the Accounts department and the officer will witness the endorsement this is to ensure that we paid to the true beneficiary.That is why we ask that you either come personally or a lawyer representing you ,but since you can not come,and no services of a lawyer we can bring it for your signature but the flight ticket to London will be paid by the you(church).

By tomorrow we shall schedule his coming,to meet you in London on Monday.He will be leaving on Sunday the 10th of January to meet you on Monday.Please let us know if the date is ok by you,and advice us on the nearest International Airport near you so as to book his flight through the airport.

On confirmation of the date as ok by you we will get the flight schedule and price and forward to you.Please respond as quickly as possible so as to conclude the arrangements before Sunday when he is supposed to leave.

Thanks,
Andrew Ibe,
Internal Auditor.

Now, this is an interesting move. It seems that he might have a second-lad that will pretend to be the lawyer and pick up the money at the airport. Or will he fly to London I wonder?

Is that right? How will I play him? I have asked if we can delay because of the weather (thank you british weather!) and suggest we arrange another time.

Scam Artist
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic