SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What should I do next?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
matador
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted about this topic I'm going to explain a few days ago,

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177371

but I've been scambaiting this individual from Craigslist through Hotmail.UK. At first I had my doubts about whether this individual who contacted me on craigslist for an item was a scammer or not? However I've become more convinced that they are a lad, judging from their poor grammar, and their pushy attitude, and the fact that their email and name shared lad like characteristics, like use of common names and abbreviated emails.

Here is the first email,

Apple iphone 3G Black 8GB‏
Sent: 31 December 2009 17:35:54
To: ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

I want to know if you still have your .. MOBILE PHONE .. for sale if yes get back to me with your final asking price

Here is the second email,

Re: Apple iphone 3G Black 8GB‏
Sent: 01 January 2010 19:54:08
To:
Thanks for the fast response,
i want you to know i am okay with your asking, but payment will be made on monday via paypal all i want you to do is to send money request to my paypal account I.D which is
so i can send your money across to you by monday

Thanks
Lisa B.

Here is the third email,

Sent: 04 January 2010 08:26:41
To:

You have not sent me the money request as at this morning what is the delay........... kindly do that so i can make payment right away

Thanks

Now my question is does everyone else think I'm dealing with a lad? Since they appeared to be wanting to barter at first on the item I was selling, and appeared genuinely interested to an extent. If it is a lad which I think it is, what should I do next since they are getting pushy?

Thank you,
MrBadLuck
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Where is this person located?

Also, are you using your own craigslist identity with your real name and all that jazz?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a lad, no doubt at all.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, definitely a lad.

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
matador
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MrBadLuck wrote:
Where is this person located?

Also, are you using your own craigslist identity with your real name and all that jazz?

I'm scambaiting from the UK, and I posted this bait ad on craigslist for a city in Britain. I don't know at all where the person who posted this add is located.

Lisabel Brown is the name of the individual who responded to the ad.
matador
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any more opinions?
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I want to know if you still have your .. MOBILE PHONE .. for sale if yes get back to me with your final asking price

I've gotten exactly that format (with "MOBILE PHONE" changed to something else) in response to Craigslist postings before. Legitimate buyers don't use formats.

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
matador
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

foo123 wrote:
Quote:

I've gotten exactly that format (with "MOBILE PHONE" changed to something else) in response to Craigslist postings before. Legitimate buyers don't use formats.

I also have their paypal account address if that matters.

Since this is most likely a lad I was wondering if anybody on here could help me with that aspect of affairs?
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Matador! Smile

Baiting is kind of an individual sport. Yeah, we talk together and sometimes we co or mas bait, but we each have our own "flavour" to our baiting.

If you feel particularly stuck, it helps if you ask a specific question rather than a general question.

Have you decided what character you are playing?
Young
Old
Male
Female
Smart
Foolish
Young
Old

All of that influences your bait. Typically we suggest that newer baiters ask a lot of questions to waste the scammer's time.
You can act like you don't know what paypal is.
You can introduce another character because the first contact was senile or too young to do a transaction.
You can say that you had your paypal account shut down or you won't use such things.

I don't do Craig's list scammers, but some here are very good at it. Probably this criminal wants to steal the paypal information, so this might be shore if they won't budge from paypal.

For other tips and hints we have a sections called Eater University. There is a wealth of information there from very experienced and successful baiters.

Slow things down and set the pace for YOUR bait, have fun, bait safe and have fun!

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic