SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dead Aid by Dambisa Moyo

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kellysheroes
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I read this book just before Christmas and it was a very interesting read.
The author argument basically is that Western Aid hasn't helped the African continent at all, it has done nothing but promote corruption.

Worth a read.

Wow, Thats nice..so all you need me to do is fill in the contract and do what be held in bodage. madafaka dont fucking send me thios email anymore i got things to do. plus i'm nigerian and u can tell by d name. Emmy.... well take care and do not contact me anymore bye.

Scam Artist
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I second this opinion. They became addicted to aid, and then what? perpetual aid?
They have been self sufficient a long time ago. They have to learn again how to do it.
Give a man a fish, he wil eat it, then ask another fish. Give a man a fishing pole and knowledge, he will catch his own fish.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The version I heard goes, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life."

And then my son has another version, "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for life."

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i think that the problem of giving money to political leaders, only for it to disappear, is well known.
a lot of aid is now delivered to communities by ngo organisations, which reduces (but doesn't eliminate) the scope for frauds.

there are other ways in which badly-delivered aid can damage african economies.
fx, when we donate food or goods, an unfortunate side-effect is that local businesses supplying similar products are completely undermined.

probably the best things we can do as western societies to help africa is stop dumping subsidised produce on their markets and stop imposing tariffs which prevent them from competing in our markets on a fair basis.

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've also held that opinion for some time. Give it directly to people who can benefit, and even at that, it shouldn't be an expected payment from a government. Charity only.

I to believe education is the way forward, we can't keep dig them out of holes, we can give them the shovel but they need to do the rest for themselves.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Albator
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Education is definitely the way to go.
One of my colleague is married to a woman who was grown in Africa.
I discussed about it with her, and from what I heard, I effectively think that given help was finally worse than better...

And on a funny note, the above citation was transformed by a Belgian humorist in:
"Give a man a fish, he'll eat one day. Give a man the picture of a fish, he'll be able to look at it for the rest of his life".

United Kingdom x4 Filipino flag United States x7 Germany
Closed lad accounts x64 Mortar x11 Goat Nurse Nastys Audi TT
T.W.A.T(co-bait with MoP)
Sand Timer
-S4m 07/01/08-Ongoing
-An4st4s1y4 (Vlad) 11/26/08-Ongoing "I would iron your cock through trousers while it will not be firm"
-0um4r (Hitlad) 11/28/08-Ongoing
-Y4o 02/19/09-Ongoing
-Ver0nika (Vlad) 384d

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support 419Eater.com]</a>
<a href="http://scamwarners.com/forum/index.php">www.scamwarners.com</a>
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Teach a man to get a job, and he can buy fish at the store.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic