SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Singapore wants to purchase high-end Shimano fishing reels?

View next topic
View previous topic

heynow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First message:

Hi,

I'm Ardila from Singapore.I want to order products from your store.
I will do payment method with credit card .
Please give me the confirmation as soon as possible.

Regards, Lukman Ardila

------------
Now, although I do own a fishing tackle manufacturing business, I do not manufacture nor do I sell any Shimano products. Secondly, I receive these emails at least once a month from different names, but all are to be shipped to Singapore and all use a Yahoo email address.

So, instead of ignoring this one, I decided to go a little further with it...

My Reply:

Hello Lukman,
Please let me know what you would like to purchase and I will give you a total. I will need an address so I can determine shipping costs. Thank you,

His Reply:
Can you supply products shimano stella 10000FA or Shimano Tiagra 130A Big Game Reel?

My Response:
Yes, you would like one of each? The shimano stella 10000FA is $669 each and the Shimano Tiagra 130A Big Game Reel is $1229. each

His Reply:
i want to order 10000FA (qty 1) and Tiagra 130A (qty:1)
give me the total cost+shipping cost to :
Duta Blok B#01-04No.3Upper Aljunied Lin JoSeng W.house
City : Singapore State/Province : SG
I hope shipping service with DHL Express or UPS Express,i want my order receive before holiday.

My Response:
Hello Lukman,
Your total for the product would be $1898.00
And the shipping via FedEx International Priority is $151.34
Total is: USD$2049.34
Let me know how you would like to proceed.

So, my question is: where am I going with this? In this case, I am assuming that HE will be giving ME a credit card (which is obviously stolen) and then I'm supposed to do what? Is there a way to turn this information over to someone? Do I contact the credit card company and let them know the card has been compromised? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Jeff
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Am I correct in assuming you are corresponding with this scammer through your personal/business email account? If yes, stop communicating with them asap as they have your RL info. Not that they're likely to to anything about it, but we do encourage forum members to bait safely through using fictitious names and email addresses.

As you mentioned, the CC# provided will be that of compromised card. These can be reported either directly to the card company, or if you wish to bait them, through the mysterious alan person mentioned here: Submitting Bank Info to Alan. You can also forward the card info to [email protected] with a rundown of why you're reporting it and how it was obtained.

You may also pass CC information along to any of the mod/admin staff and it will be dealt with discretely. Just provide enough background information (email correspondence) to indicate the card is compromised.

hth and welcome to 419Eater.

heynow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, you are correct. I am using my real email because that is how he contacted me. I will just stop communicating with him at this point and when the next one comes in I will use a fake email and follow through accordingly.

Thanks for your help!

J
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've received the same email, it was sent from this email address:

Quote:

Hi,

I'm Ardila from Singapore.I want to order products from your store.
I will do payment method with credit card .
Please give me the confirmation as soon as possible.

Regards,
Lukman Ardila

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
heynow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

UPDATE: I passed all my information along to "Alan" and he's taken care of the situation! Glad to know there's a place like this forum to assist us in capturing criminals or at the very minimum shutting down comprimised cards before they are out of control. I sure hope someone would help me if that should ever happen to one of my cards. Thanks for your help here all!

Jeff

heynow wrote:
Yes, you are correct. I am using my real email because that is how he contacted me. I will just stop communicating with him at this point and when the next one comes in I will use a fake email and follow through accordingly.

Thanks for your help!

J

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic