SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How many scams SUCCEED on a weekly basis?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
superwizard
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a whole bunch of good baiters here, it seems.
In all of Africa, there's probably a few hundred proficient scammers, right?

So how do we get any clue on how many folks actually have $$$ stolen by these criminals?
Reports would go to local police depts all over the world.
Are vast numbers of people still naive and stupid enough to fall for these scams?

Shocked

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No real way to get an accurate count of successful scams, since those who are scammed will not always report it, due to being embarrassed.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Superwizard. Very Happy I'm afraid you've vastly underestimated the number of scammers in Africa, not to mention other parts of the world.

There are some victims' accounts here: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/index.php which is a tiny tiny fraction of the number of victims.

They're also not all greedy or naive. More apt would be ignorant to the scams and trusting. Wink Also, some of the scams can be sophisticated.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hundreds of thousands at least. And probably far more victims than that.
It's not so much the traditional 419 scam, but all the lesser known ones that take many smaller amounts off victims that never appear in any statistics.
Craigslist scams to name but one.
Take the Cameroonian scam of selling imaginary pets. I was recently approached through Scamwarners by one victim who had lost $7000 to one of them.
Is that a typical example? I hope not, but I really have no idea.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Loupeitak
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Only one needs to succeed for us to keep baiting like we are doing now Wink

"Enough of these entire hullabaloos that you are exhibiting." - John Devaney (First bait)

"my intention is to submit your information to the bank under the pretence that you are the owner of the funds" - John Devaney (thanks for giving that away lol)
CaptainMcB0b0
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the answer always is : "too many" thats why 419eater was set up, to take these bastards down and cause as much fuss/hilarity as possible.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Head over to scamwarners.com, and count the number of new registrations in a week. Now do the same at romancescam.com. And the other scam-related sites. That's the tip of the iceberg - people who realised, got out, and had the balls to speak out.

Sadly, your 'few hundred' is woefully inaccurate, when you may have 40+ working from one cybercafe. Indeed, even if say one in every 10,000 people is a scammer, that's still 16,800 in Nigeria alone, and the problem is not just a Nigerian, or even African one - scammers come from all over the world, with lots of different guises of scams.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Figures are very hard to come by, largely because of the resistance of victims to admit having being scammed.

Some estimates gathered from multiple sources from years past suggest ball-park figures:

* around 250,000 scammers (full- and part-time) in Lagos alone
* $500 million lost to scams each year
* average loss to a scam $5000.

So, each week, 2,000 scams are paying off.

Average take for a scammer would be $2,000 per year, although it is skewed towards a few people making serious money and most of the yahoo boys occasionally getting $100 or so.

As I say, these figures are mainly guesswork, pieced together from random bits of information we have gathered over the years, and should not be taken as a definitive guide, simply a ranging shot.

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
MilkyWhite
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ I wonder how much WU and MG make from charges and commision on $500 Million, Shocked
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of scams are for small amounts $100-$500 in fees Many if not most of these will never be reported and these are likely the most sucessful.

The most dangereous scams are variations on phishing scams where the victim is truely inocent

p.
paddyj
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is certainly distressing etc. to realise how much money Western Bunyan and money grab profit from victims of fraud. Apparently, they merely need to ensure appropriate ID is necessary in order to protect victims... Paddy

- Mr.Amos, I must commend on your efforts. Let me know when Paddy is satisfied...
- I think the payment is a Western Union Moneygram. Does that help?
-You are stressing me too much, I must confess to you. Dr T@o (6 1/2 months)
-I'm really speechless about what your Sister did to you Babs
-we were able to give out 7 goats to the orphan's parents
mugu_eater
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If my memorie is right few years back i read something about 419 scams being the 2nd biggest income of Nigeria after oil.....so that can give you an idea of how big this problem is

Sand Timer mr Frank Bode

NOW I KNOW YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID ANIMAL THAT EVER EXIST ON EARTH. FB

ANYWAY THERES NO REASON TO WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME WITH HE GOAT LIKE YOU..I KNOW ANIMAL LIKE YOU WOULD NOT KNOW SIMPLE COURTESY OF APOLOGY FOR WASTING A TIME OF A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESSMAN LIKE ME.
J0hns0n Prince K0fi
Jonas Parker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^^
That may also be a really good reason why the Nigerian government isn't in too much of a hurry to shut these lads down...

MilkyWhite
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I doubt the Nigerian goverment really gives two hoots about the Lads or their scams. Mad:

If we are going to make a dent in the number of scams and victims it's going to have to be done from here, by that I mean Europe, the US, Australia etc. Either from educating people or by placing obstacles in the way of people trying to wire money to Nigeria. I'd like to think that Western O and Money G would help in educating people but I doubt they will given the profit available to them from 419. Mad:
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MilkyWhite wrote:
I'd like to think that Western O and Money G would help in educating people but I doubt they will given the profit available to them from 419. Mad:

***WESTERN UNION IS A SERVICE THAT SCAMMERS ABUSE.***

WU is a legitimate service that is abused by scammers. Other services that the scammers abuse include, but are not limited to; MoneyGram TDD/TTY services, the US/UK postal service et al, UPS, Fed Ex, DHL and every single free webmail provider past, present and future.

Western Union is a business, like all businesses, their goal is to make a profit, not to make decisions for their customers or get involved in every aspect of their customers personal affairs. They are aware that the scammers use their service and have even taken the initiative to provide warnings on their website. To my knowledge they are under no legal obligation to do so.

I have gone through the effort to provide some links and PDFs from Western Union's website that clearly addresses specific scams and specific types of scams and even what one should do if they suspect that they may be involved in a scam.

http://www.westernunion.com/info/fraudIndex.asp?country=global
http://www.westernunion.com/info/fraudProtectYourself.asp?country=global
http://www.westernunion.com/info/fraudProtectYourPassword.asp?country=global
http://www.westernunion.com/info/fraudScams.asp?country=global
http://www.westernunion.com/info/fraudTips.asp?country=global

http://members.419eater.com/~jose_cuervo/western_union/wu_pdf1.pdf
http://members.419eater.com/~jose_cuervo/western_union/wu_pdf2.pdf
http://members.419eater.com/~jose_cuervo/western_union/wu_pdf3.pdf

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
superwizard
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My own take on scammers and their victims is.........so long as there's a basically endless supply of stupid people willing to throw their money away, a sufficient number of scammers will materialize to take it from them.

This varies from identity theft crimes which don't require cooperation from a willing victim...

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And back we are in the loop with "stupid victims"...come on...who´s next to blame WU? Rolling Eyes
(irony off. sigh on.)

Seriously, take one look at scamwarners. Just one. And you will all stop to blame the victims for crime.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello superwizard,

Please read this 'charity' scam recently discussed here and posted on ScamWarners, about a young man just out of high school who was robbed of $7,000. dollars....which he raised by his own initiative to be able to go to Africa to do volunteer work with children and teach English.

Quote:
Article is here:
http://www.wmur.com/news/21976946/detail.html

He wasn't stupid. He was trusting. Just trying to help others less fortunate and live the 'golden rule' that he was taught and grew up with.

As was said above, it's not so much the traditional 419 Scam, which most people are aware of... it's other scam's such as Craig's List, romance, etc. which have/are being developed and perfected 24 hours a day, every day, by scammers the world over.

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic