SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Microwave repair technician needed, inquire within.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lots of cogent advice on keeping the pants on the thing and to leave the monk alone.

I did microwave repair for a living in a previous age and can offer a few words.

New Amanas suck.
Built in microwaves suck.
Over range microwave ovens suck.
Microwaves with ventilation hoods built in suck.
Microwaves without power inverters suck.
People that think they can work on anything, well you get the idea.

Once the unit has been removed from the cabinets you will see a sticker that says " No user serviceable parts inside." Read the sticker. That will be step one. Step two, repeat step one.

In hundreds and hundreds of repairs, I only saw one real tube failure. Lots were ordered to pad manufacturer's "bill back".

The most common failure was the door interlock. Too much slamming by the customer. The interlock prevents the tube from getting power with the door open. There are two circuits in the interlock and due to the slamming of the door something would break or get out of alignment.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:

The most common failure was the door interlock.

That's what I gathered from my research. That seems simple enough to replace, at low cost. I promise to properly discharge any and all capacitors I encounter along the way. If I see a blue flash, then I know I'm doing it wrong.

Connie L. Gus wrote:

Once the unit has been removed from the cabinets you will see a sticker that says " No user serviceable parts inside." Read the sticker. That will be step one. Step two, repeat step one.

Where is your sense of adventure?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Two years ago I paid almost a hundred US to replace a broken dish in an under cabinet mounted microwave oven. When the interlock failed on the built in last month, I pulled it out and went to Costco and bought the best counter top model they had. Its the same exterior dimensions but holds about 50% more internally and instead of 1000 watts, it puts out 1250. Power levels are pulse width modulated, not this on off thing that drives me crazy. It senses food temperature and steam generation. All this new technology for $150.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
and invisible radiation strong enough to boil your eyeballs

Linda just read this, guess who's getting a new microwave.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Laughing Laughing Laughing

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Advertise the old one for sale at $1,000 as a DIY death ray machine.
Some assembly and ajustment required.
May cause death, boiled eyeballs or other irritation
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good thinking PF. I won't even bother pricing out the part but back in the day they were not cheap. I remember the interlock assembly cost the same as the labor and that p+l were billed at what I got paid for the day. I was given an hour to get the unit, dissect and diagnose, order parts, partially reassemble, move the unit back to storage, wait for the parts, get the unit again, put in the parts, reassemble, test and then sweep up the extra left over screws from under the work bench. Thinking back, I did this because I was in love at the time and only cared about playing house with my first love.

Microwave repair has gone the way of VCR repair. Why bother?

Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have Scotty check the dilithium crystals....

guy nawaaa for you oooh
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And I've already sent you the $600 thru WO. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^MTCN? Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good call. Now I'll just go back to using my power drill in the rain.

Edit: (Yes really, I did.)

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:

I promise to properly discharge any and all capacitors I encounter along the way. If I see a blue flash, then I know I'm doing it wrong.

I was shown how to do it with a screwdriver shaft. Is that the right way??

the willing Pastor Frank wrote:
Connie L. Gus wrote:

Where is your sense of adventure?

We kind of like having you around.

Congrats about the new Micro radiation machine. Be careful reinstalling the new one, particularly with the stove underneath the installation site. If you drop it, you will be buying two new appliances. (don't ask how I know...)

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ParaNoid wrote:
I was shown how to do it with a screwdriver shaft. Is that the right way??

Generally, that is right. However with switch-mode power supplies, and the high-voltage inverter probably falls into this class, the capacitors tend to feed into each other and dropping the voltage on a capacitor causes voltage spikes that will re-charge others. I have personal experience that says the only way to discharge everything is to drop it into a bucket of salt-water. I used rubber gloves in the end. The words vicious and painful spring to mind, and that was only at mains potential and only about 10W. The inverter on a microwave can supply more than a kW at several kV.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Holy crap, and I have one of these in the same house as my baby? Shocked

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I used rubber gloves in the end

I say! were they the kind you see on How Clean is Your House? Wink

I am wall to wall entertainment (apparently so says Mr. E)
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You also have to know on which end to use the rubber gloves...

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic