SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is there really NO way to stop these assholes??

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MilkyWhite
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think the war can be "won", there will always be scammers of some sort or another.

It seems to me that the simplest way to at least reduce the amount of money and people scammed is to make it harder for victims to wire money.

It's true that WU and MG profit from the 419 and other scams and so may be reluctant to self impose restrictions on transfers to countries with a known high incidence of 419 scams, but why don't governments legislate?.

They could impose a say a two day "cooling off" period where any transfer is delayed by a mandatory 48hrs, during which the victim, sorry I mean customer, receives at least a leaflet detailing what scams are opperated, even links to sites like this and others.

I know the scams would continue and it wouldn't save every victim but I'm sure it wouls save some.

Bloody lazy Governments.
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@MilkyWhite

Nice idea but fatally flawed. Suppose you had a daughter who decided she wanted to see Africa. Once she's there she gets robbed. What does she do? Calls you and you send her some much needed money by WU/MG. Its almost an instant tranaction.

Instead she'll have to wait two days, in a foreign country with NO money at all.

You have to remember that most of WU/MG's business is totally legit. Many people from the developing world who are living in Europe/USA etc use money transfer services to send money back to their families. Many developing countries do not have a nice bank on every street corner and many people do not have bank accounts.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
MilkyWhite
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good point Music Man, and it's just the sort of thing my dizzy daughter would do Shocked
steward
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are some good ways to stop these guys and all it takes is to be organised and show some real effort. Maybe the police don't do it so you have to help that is all!

Associate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Steward, I take it you still have not read the forum rules. Please don't necro old topics, the last post before you posted was in December.

Forum rules and FAQs Sticky wrote:
Please avoid thread necromancy (that is: posting in a thread that has been inactive for several months to bump it back to the top again). Old threads have usually little relevance anymore. Also, members that posted in it may not be around anymore. If you really want to bring up an old discussion again because you have something of value to add, post a new thread and put a link in it to the old thread. That way people do not have to read through all the old posts to see what is new.

Click! Lights out.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic