SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

I despise these people

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
no I don't have a lot of sympathy, for so called victims, We are all accountable for our actions, and we are all responsible for the outcome.

Maybe we are indeed all accountable for our actions to some degree or other (depending on how undamaged our brains are), but I don't think we are all responsible for the outcome. The outcome is so frequently out of our control.

I don't think that we always get a full view of 'who might become a victim', simply because we don't hear all the stories of victims. Some of which may not even realise that they have been the targets of a scam, but, instead, are just left wondering, 'What went wrong?'

I was not lonely when I was the target of a Love Lad, and I'm certainly not insecure nor gullible. I merely put an advert on a penpal site. And he replied. The fact that he was male (and I'm female) meant nothing to me: I have male friends as well as female ones. He told me how his wife had left him for his best friend, and emptied his bank account as she left. I just thought he was telling me how he ended up living alone and without much money - I thought he was embarrassed that he was single and poor at his middle-age.

I was, however, shocked when he 'fell in love' with me after three emails. Not because I thought I was unlovable - but because he couldn't possibly know me well enough to love me - and he was kidding himself, I thought, and had just fallen in love with a self-created image.

I tried to persuade him that he was not in love. I told him that however sweet and humble I might come across in writing, I'm not actually like that in real life relating - I'm actually quite obnoxious and argumentative and strident and not a bit 'sweet' at all. He couldn't seem to get it, and I wondered whether I needed to drop him as a penpal.

Then I had a second idea: he lived in the UK, same as I did - if we met, then he'd see 'the real me' and we could stop this romantic fantasy of his for good. And so we met. And he was very personable. I liked him. I wanted to continue a friendship with him.

I wasn't going to fall in love with him. I wasn't lusting after his handsome good looks (he wasn't good-looking, just ordinary). I had no 'need' of him. I had other friends (and penfriends), and a life partner. I wasn't flattered by his presence (indeed, I rather thought it should be the other way round). I just thought that we could enjoy some good conversations.

Later, when his tragedies/financial needs began, they were tailored to suit me/my concerns/my cares about certain situations.

Later still, when my cooling off was not to his liking, his threats were also tailored to what would scare me the most.

And I was scared.

And there was also a psychological toll. He accused me of 'leading him on' and 'promising him a future' and wrote many emails on this subject. So much so that I began to doubt myself and the way I relate to other people ... as friends. Could so much more be read into every little thing I say? Do I really look at people with 'bedroom eyes'? Do I talk too openly and create the wrong impression?

It probably sounds almost silly in the writing now, but being bombarded maybe 30 times a day with 'and another thing' emails was not very nice then, and I did indeed wonder and worry about the way I come across .... something I'd never been concerned about before.

I didn't understand what had gone so wrong.......

Was I responsible for that outcome?

What was I guilty of? Offering friendship and acting as a friend? Giving him the second chance to 'get realistic' when he spoke of love?

Yes, if you like, I'm 'accountable' (to whom? to myself? to the Creator of the universe?) for my choices there. But I think it is good to be friendly, good to be a friend, good to talk and to attempt to put things right when somebody 'speaks out of line' and 'says/thinks/feels the wrong thing.'

But that doesn't mean that I'm issuing an open invitation to be lied to; and to be told heart-wrenching lies about tragedies and financial needs; nor to have my home and family threatened, and to be accused of being a c*ck-teaser, just to round it all off.

I wasn't responsible for that outcome.

I just wanted a new penpal.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Thank you for sharing Branwen, it just shows how intelligent people can, in their quest for new friends, fall foul of scammers and pervs too!

Mind you there are some very stange folk round here. Embarassed

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
janeegrl
Master of Master Baiters

Location: Oueen of Dorkdom.. getting into thier hearts and wont let go

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks all for sharing your experiences Thumbs up

"what do went me to do for you,do you went me to give you my blood for you to drink or my melt to eat,before you trust me ". hell ya

am having cold of love
your love keeps growing in me like a planted trees
i want you to do this for me in the seek of love
DOPNT LIE TOO ME
"then why are you sucking your self hun "
"you think you are God and you are not "
"you just dont worry i will show it to you,i like kissing from hend to your vagin i like kiss too much,i will show all to you" .....my kind of guy...
" never trust me hun "
"i no there is way when there is no way there way i no"

Closed lad accounts x4 Goat

Last edited by janeegrl on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wearborg you really need to show some respect. Take other people's feelings into consideration. What you said was just plain mean and ugly. Scam victims end up here and they do not need to read your ignorant responses adding insult to injury. I don’t care if you feel that you live in the real world and don’t need to serve tea to scam victims. This doesn’t mean you need to insult them either. The only reason you would need to do this is to compensate for your own misgivings.

Those of us (and by “us” this does not include weareborg) who deal with victims on a day to day basis know it is completely ignorant to blanket every scam victim into one category. Every victim is a person with his or her own unique set of circumstances. Maybe wearborg cannot understand this because every one of his goals in life has been motivated by greed, delusion, or whatever selfish need he accuses everyone else of. That is just the way he sees the world because he knows nothing else. Maybe that is why his user persona in not even a member of the human race. It’s easier to say borgs don’t do Christmas then to admit you have no friends. It’s easier to refer to women as objects then to admit no woman has ever stayed with him. Perhaps he needs to see the world as greedy just to feel like he can fit in.

Weareborg you are welcomed to your own opinion, as wrong and as hateful as it might be. All I ask is that you do not insult scam victims because it is just plain mean. I don't feel the need to explain that it is impossible for every scam victim to be motivated by the same thing because common sense would dictate otherwise.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:

A lad found her advert. He wrote to Jane and told her that he'd found her dog and that he wanted $10000 to return him to her.
Jane simply didn't have that kind of money. In fact she was lving on the breadline and barely had enough to support herself so she offered the scammer $100.
The lad held out. He sneered at Jane

This is remarkably simply, you call round at 2.30 am when the police are changing shifts, and frighten the shit out of him, and IF he has the dog, you take it, but the chances are he dosen't.
That's the real world, and that's how most dept recovery agents work. Of cause, there are more direct ways of recovering Rover,

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes

Last edited by weareborg on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
Wearborg you really need to show some respect. Take other people's feelings into consideration. What you said was just plain mean and ugly. Scam victims end up here and they do not need to read your ignorant responses adding insult to injury. I don’t care if you feel that you live in the real world and don’t need to serve tea to scam victims. This doesn’t mean you need to insult them either. The only reason you would need to do this is to compensate for your own misgivings.

Those of us (and by “us” this does not include weareborg) who deal with victims on a day to day basis know it is completely ignorant to blanket every scam victim into one category. Every victim is a person with his or her own unique set of circumstances. Maybe wearborg cannot understand this because every one of his goals in life has been motivated by greed, delusion, or whatever selfish need he accuses everyone else of. That is just the way he sees the world because he knows nothing else. Maybe that is why his user persona in not even a member of the human race. It’s easier to say borgs don’t do Christmas then to admit you have no friends. It’s easier to refer to women as objects then to admit no woman has ever stayed with him. Perhaps he needs to see the world as greedy just to feel like he can fit in.

Weareborg you are welcomed to your own opinion, as wrong and as hateful as it might be. All I ask is that you do not insult scam victims because it is just plain mean. I don't feel the need to explain that it is impossible for every scam victim to be motivated by the same thing because common sense would dictate otherwise.

Well that's nice, Just because your a moderator does that give you licence to be rude. I was under the impression this was to be kept civil and reasonable. So your opinion is just different to mine, does that give you the right to insult people, your a fine shining example of how a moderater should act. Now because I don't agree with the ALL knowing, I'll more then likely get banned, banished, or sent somewhere out of sight. Never to be heard from again.. Your loss, not mine.
Just perhaps it's impossable to have a logical pleasant discussion on here.
without denigrating someone, simply because there opinion is different to yours. But your the moderator with the big stick, So it automatically means your opinion is right, and the rest of us have to bow , in your presence.. well not this little dog, "sunshine''
If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it. Unlike you, I did not put shit on anyone. I simply stated the facts as I see them..
You have no idea , of my history, or of how my thinking has evolved, but if you think for one minute some of there people are hard done by.. You my friend have no idea, How some people have had to survive in the real world. Just because your opinion is different to mine does that make you right and me wrong.
In my world all this soft soap has no place, You simply get over it and move on.. And every time your shit on, you get just that little bit harder, And if you don't, you don't survive.
As for the ladies in my life, Sure I've been married a couple of times, WHO HASEN'T And yes on both occasions, I've come out of it with bugger all. But that's the Australian divorce system, You get on with it, You don't let it grind you down, you simply find another one, and start again. You don't go crying to some do-gooder, who's thinks he's got all the answers, But has never been there himself..
Just consider yourself fortunate your a moderator and untouchable, It still doesn't give you the right to put shit on people you have no connection with or know. But then, at least now we all know your mind-set. And you think I have a problem. Frankly your loosing it, your just a loose cannon,
I'll put money on the fact you had smoke coming out of your ears while you wrote your little rant. How sad.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

weareborg wrote:

This is remarkably simply, you call round at 2.30 am when the police are changing shifts, and frighten the shit out of him, and IF he has the dog, you take it, but the chances are he dosen't.
That's the real world, and that's how most dept recovery agents work. Of cause, there are more direct ways of recovering Rover,

What are you talking about?
It has no relevance to the story that I gave you. Remarkably simple for what?

As for your statement to Ghost? You start off giving it the usual "big, bad moderator" crap and then descend into acting like a child. Grow up. I don't think Ghost or anyone else here is going to have "steam coming out of their ears" when writing a reply to you. All they're going to be thinking is that you're an idiot. So far, you've done nothing to prove that opinion wrong.

If you want a serious conversation about the topic then stay relevant to it. So far I've given you examples that prove greed isn't a factor but you seem to have totally ignored them or have replied with something that simply doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Just because your opinion is different to mine does that make you right and me wrong.

What rot!! Of course an opinion can be wrong. If you're speaking from a position of ignorance on a subject that you know nothing about, it's very likely that the guy with more experience is correct. Try using a bit of logic before making daft statements like that one.

Quote:
And you think I have a problem. Frankly your loosing it, your just a loose cannon

Frankly after reading your crap about how scam victims deserve no sympathy, I'd say that you're the one who has lost it.

I don't give a shit about your "You don't know me" comebacks or your "I've got experience of life" retorts. Unless you've actually dealt with scam victims, unless you've actually sat there going through the whys and wherefors of the whole scam with them, your "opinion" is not in the same league as someone's who actually does that.

Now you can whine all you want about moderators dog-piling you. You can whine all you want about them being able to talk to you how they want because they are "immune", but the absolute truth of the matter here is that if I wasn't a moderator, I wouldn't have been half as restrained in answering your crap as I have been.
I would have told you in no uncertain terms what I think of you and your opinion instead of having to tiptoe around you to avoid hurting your feelings. And believe me, I've been gentle on you.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please don't squabble boys after all when all's said and done we all bait for the same reason.

Christmas Spirit and all that. Crying or Very sad banghead

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is not a squabble.

Any opinion that scam victims are just greedy, gullible fools is not welcome on these forums.

We have readers and even some members who have been victims themselves.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Very true so maybe good to lock thread?

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a little late and I'm off to bed but I will address your comments tomorrow. Until then, you really need to get over this "if I don't agree I will be banned crap"

Honestly, if Branwen's post didn't make you feel like a jerk you could just be a lost cause.

We'll talk tomorrow. Oh and no there was no steam coming out of my ears. I have dealt with jerks before and I find it better not to let there stupidity get to me.

I just think it is way past due that someone tell you insulting scam victims is not productive. Not to mention mean and hateful.

Are you saying I insulted you and you didn't like it? Well now how do you think past scam victims feel after reading your crap. You can dish it out but can't take any of it. Very typical.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen red flags when a man brags about how many ex-wives he's had.
I was sweet because I have a title to own up to, I tell ya!Wink Wink Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay here you go weareborg. One thing though my responses above were restrained because I am a moderator. Like I said, you’ve had this coming for a while now. I can live with the fact that you never have anything positive to say, even in a birthday thread but when you insult scam victims I have to say something. Not just because I am a moderator be but I deal with scam victims every day and what you said was inaccurate (yes, inaccurate not a matter of a different opinion) and just plain mean. Statistically it is impossible for every scam victim to be motivated by the same thing. That is just silly.

Quote:
Well that's nice, Just because your a moderator does that give you license to be rude

Practice what you preach. You were rude first.
Quote:

So your opinion is just different to mine, does that give you the right to insult people

So your "different opinion" gives you the right to insult scam victims Confused Okay see the above response.

Quote:
Now because I don't agree with the ALL knowing, I'll more then likely get banned, banished, or sent somewhere out of sight. Never to be heard from again..

Get over that silliness already. That one is old now.

Quote:
Your loss, not mine.

Okay and this is just my opinion but no one would miss you. I doubt anyone would even notice.

Quote:
But your the moderator with the big stick, So it automatically means your opinion is right

That is not accurate. However in this particular case I am right. Weareborg true I don't know you but I do know your type. Anyway, I have had a lot of work with scam victims and plain crime victims in general. This is decades of experience. You are wrong about what you said about scam victims.

Quote:
and the rest of us have to bow , in your presence.. well not this little dog, "sunshine''

No you don't "little dog" and my name is not sunshine.

Quote:
If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.

I am a moderator. I don't have that preference.

Quote:
Unlike you, I did not put shit on anyone. I simply stated the facts as I see them..

Seriously you think you don't? I can say I just stated the fact as I saw them too.

Quote:
You have no idea , of my history, or of how my thinking has evolved, but if you think for one minute some of there people are hard done by.. You my friend have no idea, How some people have had to survive in the real world. Just because your opinion is different to mine does that make you right and me wrong.
In my world all this soft soap has no place, You simply get over it and move on.. And every time your shit on, you get just that little bit harder, And if you don't, you don't survive.

Okay you kind of lost me on that one. Maybe you were venting about other things.

Quote:

Sure I've been married a couple of times, WHO HASEN'T

Seriously? Well, me for one. I have only been married once and am still married. Seventeen years if you are wondering.

Quote:
I've come out of it with bugger all. But that's the Australian divorce system, You get on with it, You don't let it grind you down, you simply find another one, and start again. You don't go crying to some do-gooder, who's thinks he's got all the answers, But has never been there himself.

Okay again I have no idea what you are talking about but I don't think it was directed at me.

Quote:
Just consider yourself fortunate your a moderator and untouchable,

What in the hell is that suppose to mean? Is that suppose to scare me and make me wonder what you can do to me? Come on now.

Quote:
It still doesn't give you the right to put shit on people you have no connection with or know.

Okay as long as I am a moderator or even a member and you insult the very people we stand up to protect I will respond.

Quote:
But then, at least now we all know your mind-set.

Yes we do. I think it's rude, mean, and inappropriate to insult scam victims on this site. How horrible am I?

We also know your mind set too now don't we.

Quote:
I'll put money on the fact you had smoke coming out of your ears while you wrote your little rant

Why just because you did?

Okay weareborg understand you feel picked on but as I said as long as you insult the people we stand up for I will respond. Every thing I said about you I could easily justify as "that's just my opinion". So once again I ask you to practice what you preach.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic