SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Shingles

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone had them?
Any hints on how to cope with them?

I HATE viruses
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WebMD has an article on shingles treatment.

I have fortunately never had shingles. I've known people who did, and they were in a lot of discomfort. My sympathies. Sad

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had shingles! Some of the newer medications work very well - but you must get started quickly after symptoms appear.

Long term solution: there is now an effective vaccine. This won't help with your present outbreak, but will prevent future flareups.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe it's the adult equivilent to childrens Chicken Pox. I also know that they SUCK, last a long time, are painful and can leave nasty scars.

Go to a Doctor pronto if you think you have them/are getting it. It's bad.

Good luck.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You have my sympathies Bruin
It is rather uncomfortable
I'm on Aciclovir, started just after the first blister appeared.
I'd actually gone to the GP as I was feeling unwell and had a pain in my left arm. ( was worried about my heart to be honest )
It felt like sunburn at first Rolling Eyes

So taking Echinacea, extra vitamins, pinkillers and antivirals.
Applied calamine lotion
Had baking soda bath
Basically treating it the same as chicken pox
Was wondering if I should try applying Zovirax cream?
Any advice welcome.

Been told plenty rest, fluids- not so hard
But big thing is I am not allowed to visit my dad in hospital, that's really hard as he doesn't seem to understand why I'm not there and also isnt really able to use the mobile phone I got him
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear this Nanny and I wish that I could help. Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had the chicken pox when i was very little so can't get it again. Can't remember what it was like so i can't give you any advice Nanny. Good excuse to tell your lads when they ask you to make a WU payment. Very Happy
I hope you recover quickly.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ other way around apparently mr vampire

Quote:
You can only get shingles (Herpes Zoster) if you have previously had chickenpox. After having chickenpox the virus lies dormant in the nerves, and shingles occurs when it is revitalised in one particular nerve to the skin, thus explaining the way it affects a clearly demarcated band of skin only.

http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/shingles.html

Hope you're feeling better soon Nanny.

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Sunshine's quote: That's indeed how it works. However, you do want to get the Chicken Pox when you're still a child, because if you get them when you're older they're far worse and can even be dangerous.

Quote:

Pregnant women and those with a suppressed immune system are at highest risk of serious complications.

Wikipedia.

ETA: Hope you get better soon!

bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Nanny Ogg I am so sorry to hear about your shingles pain. For my grandpa it was excruciating. He got some relief from slow-release pads that contained local anesthetic (lidocaine maybe?). I hope the antivirals can keep it at bay.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just checked my vaccination booklet and i was vaccinated against the chicken pox so i was misstaken. I had what we call in the Netherlands "de bof" Parotitis epidemica .

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
VForVendetta1605
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had shingles when I was about 15. It wasn't very sore. Itchy as hell, but I suppose been so young, it didn't bother me much. Shingles runs along the nerves if I remember it right. Mine went from my naval up my chest around by my shoulder and down my back. On the plus side, I happened to be showing someone in Home Economics. My home ec teacher saw how bad it gotten, went mental and I spent a week out of school.

As for the treatment. My mam, bless her heart, just put a heat lamp on it. It worked. Don't know how, but it was brilliant.

I'm sorry for your suffering. You have a kindred spirit in me.

V

...A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world.

we do not condune such act, so you have to act like a mature man because you are dealing with a company. Mr Fr3derick W. Sm1th the FEDEX company

Closed lad accounts
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The shingles virus is the same as chickenpox one, which has been lying dormant for years in the nerves.
A weakened immune system, other illness or stress can trigger it

The old wives tale was that kids with chicken pox could give an older person shingles but its more the other way around in that someone with shingles could give a child the chicken pox
I'm not sure if exposure to the virus again does trigger shingles

I was wondering if copious amounts of alcohol may help
Do you think I'd get that on the NHS?

@ the vampire I'm glad you've been vaccinated against the chicken pox
I had one child with it who was vaguely unwell, had a few spots/blisters and was well again ina couple of days
and the other was so ill she nearly ended up in hospital.
She had blisters everywhere , I mean that literally, couldn't walk for them on the soles of her feet, hallucinations, poor wean looked scalded.
Oh and she came down with it Xmas Day.
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not good Nanny. Hope it subsides quickly. I would think retrovirals plus immune boosters would be the shot.
I don't know anything about Dr Pronto. Is he any good? Smile
(Feeble attempt to lighten the load)

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear that, Nanny. Sad I feel for you, it's no fun.

I had shingles many years ago, before any of the modern drugs were available (and even those are of limited help, from what I've read). There was nothing to take for it besides pain medication (Percoset) and sleeping pills (to help sleep despite the pain). It was horrific, the worst pain I ever endured.

I'm urging my wife to get the vaccine now. She keeps putting it off but I tell her she does not want to get shingles if she can possibly avoid it....

Good luck.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny wrote:

Quote:
I was wondering if copious amounts of alcohol may help

There is only one way to find out!! Report the results of the experiment after you sober up.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You have my sympathies Nanny re the pain. Keep up with all the medication as shingles can cause some nasty permanent side effects like peripheral neuropathy Crying or Very sad

Peripheral neuropathy is something you would only wish upon your favourite lad it's so excruciatingly painful. I know as I have it in both feet.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We had cedar shingles on a house, they needed re-oiling every few years to stop them warping and leakin...........

oh

those shingles

Silly me

Sorry

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope this passes quickly Nanny. My wife is going thru a severe episode of this affliction as I type and all we can do is treat the symptoms and wait. I wish I could do more for both of you.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Nanny Ogg
I'm really sorry to hear about your shingles. My husband had a small patch of them a few years ago. I made a paste with baking soda and water and put it directly on the spots. It really worked to take the itch away, much better than putting it in the bath.
I hope you recover rapidly!

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor Nanny Ogg. Sad

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's bad Nanny O, I've known a few people that have had shingles over the years. From what I remember, the first attack is the worst.

Make sure you eat well and look after your general health during and after a spell. Try and avoid stress (easy these days I know Rolling Eyes) and don't get over tired as that brings on flareups. It's worse if you are run down.

I don't know if scratching or rubbing can spread it, but be very careful not to touch your face or rub your eyes. I know someone that got it on the face and that caused all sorts of problems.

Take care.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Nanny, Sorry to hear of your problem.

The only effective treatment is for a lad to take a pilgrimage on your behalf to the temple of Zaphod (which he would have to build when he gets there), with a suitable offering (maybe a cup of tea), and to offer a prayer to the Virgin Vogon for your salvation. Photographic evidence would of course be needed.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ great idea
If someone else want to try that out for me go ahead, I've not got much energy at present

@ Irish
Terrible pun, almost as bad as my pal's Shingle Bells comment

Funny enough I've had a line from Joni Mitchell's Roses Blue going through my head
" I think of tears, I think of rain on shingles, I think of rain , I think of roses blue"

Thanks for all the sympathy folks
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
Anyone had them?
Any hints on how to cope with them?

I HATE viruses

Avast Anti Virus works very well for me.

I had an elderly Aunty who got regular grief from her shingles. Go see what the doctor can give you, if only to help you with the symptoms, you have to wait for it to get bored and go away. Or try whiskey.

ETA: looling at the pics on Wiki, I may have had a mild dose of that a couple of years ago, I had a very sore patch down my inner arm, that itched like guggery (a swear word used by ventriloquists). It went away after a while, I'd forgotten all about it.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic