SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Western Union Scam Question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings,

In starting a bait on a Western Union scam where they say they sent me $5000 along with tracking information, I went to the WU site and the information actually checked out and showed as being available for pickup.

I always thought they gave out fake information.

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

JREH

Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I have read on other threads, lads seem to be paying a minimal fee, to make it look like there is money and so technically the mtcn is valid. I know I have seen a post on this exact subject, but for the life of me at the moment I cannot find it. Evil or Very Mad

This is also why when I come across such emails and it contains mtcn numbers, I always x them out when posting to surplus and scamwarners.
Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here, this is where I remember reading something about active mtcns:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=175738
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I checked the link and I understand what is likely going on, but if the MTCN is live and collectable, is there any harm in going to the office to collect it, even if it is for a buck or so (just for the hell of it)? There's a WU office right near where I live anyway, so it isn't out of my way. I could then go to the variety store beside it and grab a chocolate bar.

Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know, that sounds like an ethical question. Considering the lad has placed an absolute minimal amount of money to make it appear that it is active, though you would be taking his money so it may cross the line.

Arg,... Philosophy and ethics are sometimes tricky.
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't see that as crossing the line, as I did nothing to cajole the lad into sending it to me... he offered it freely.

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy_Slacker wrote:
From what I have read on other threads, lads seem to be paying a minimal fee, to make it look like there is money and so technically the mtcn is valid. I know I have seen a post on this exact subject, but for the life of me at the moment I cannot find it. Evil or Very Mad

This is also why when I come across such emails and it contains mtcn numbers, I always x them out when posting to surplus and scamwarners.

That is correct. - The money is not there. Once you mail the lad telling him you were not able to pick up the money, he will need some fees to release it.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know the payment appears as ready to collect, but without extra details (secret Q&A, or 'to' details), it cannot be collected. Your lad knows this, there will be fees to get that missing info...

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The MTCN may be from a victim. I understand it is considered a Good Thing to PM live MTCNs to mods, along with some context.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
paddyj
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1. The payment was possibly made with fake identity card so picking it up would be fraudulent

2. Payment could well be made with stolen credit card so ditto

Either of which might get you arrested! Leave well alone! Paddy

- Mr.Amos, I must commend on your efforts. Let me know when Paddy is satisfied...
- I think the payment is a Western Union Moneygram. Does that help?
-You are stressing me too much, I must confess to you. Dr T@o (6 1/2 months)
-I'm really speechless about what your Sister did to you Babs
-we were able to give out 7 goats to the orphan's parents
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys are right on as usual... the mugu needed fees to "correct" everything. All I did was tell him that there was a problem (no other details) and he came on like he knew exactly what had happened (pure bullcrap), and of course, the amount was different from one script letter to another, among other serious blunders. Of course, I did not educate him about this and sent him to MTCN Secure (which still always shows zeroes in the stats for some reason)...

If this idiot had one more brain cell..... he'd have one brain cell.

What a twit.

JREH

woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received Western Union information from a lad and the online status show "picked up"

My response to the lad was "What kind of joke is this the money has already been picked up"

Lad
Quote:
The MTCN payment information given to you is on Western Union Data Payment Control System and it is Your First Payment okay, so I advice you to try pay the transfer charge of $255 this will enable Western union Manager Mr. Chris Uba release your $7000:00USD Immediately .

Best regards

The lads will attempt to recycle valid MTCN numbers even after the funds have been collected.

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic