SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Can anybody tell me what this is about ??

View next topic
View previous topic

mitch_stu
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in Spain and a few friends of mine are getting this possible (more than likely) scam, where does it go from there ??

Quote:
Hello, I have had a very strange phone call this morning. A fast speaking Spanish girl rang , I only picked out the word "Policia". So, I asked if she spoke English, she said "wait" then hung up. 10 seconds later,she rang back, and spoke and passed me on to an English man ,possibly Indian,who said his name was "Pedro", the Chief of the Guardia Civil. He asked me who I was!!?? So,I asked what he wanted. He then proceeded to tell me that my son had been caught shop lifting at Gama 2 weeks ago, I said "No!" and told him I don't have a son!! He then said he was just translating for the police! And my son had been caught on CCTV. I said he wasn't the Police , he said he was. So, I said what is the scam? don't call again and hung up. They haven't called back, but I am worried, firstly how did they get my number? What is the scam? Extracting money/a fine or something? I know my boy wouldn't steal, and definately couldn't keep it a secret for 2 weeks, if he'd been caught!
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to clarify - is the item you quoted something you and/or your friends are receiving in your emails? Or is it an email from a friend of yours asking you what's going on?

If it's the latter, it's a variation of what in the US is called a "granny scam." The scammer calls random numbers, and if the person who answers sounds like an elderly person the scammer says,"Hi, it's your favorite grandson, and I'm in Canada, but I've been arrested and I need bail money."

If it's the former, I'm not sure, unless someone's email has been hacked and they're trying something new. Not sure where it would lead, though. Confused

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
mitch_stu
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a phone call that has been made to ppl, i'm just quoting it as its off another forum i'm a member of and were all wondering where they're going to go with this. Are they going to meet you somewhere and ask for money ??? or..................?? no idea myself but the wifes had the same call and she's like hang on a minute the boys only 10 and is never out of our sight except at school and he's met/taken to the bus so never goes to a shop without us.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They're hoping someone they call will have a teenaged or young adult son who just might be in trouble, and will be willing to send a sum of money by WU or MG to the "police" to secure his release, or to a "barrister" to defend him in court, or to the "store" to repay for what he took.

They're probably calling numbers in sequence or at random.

Best course of action is to alert everyone you know about this scam, especially those who have sons of that age group. Tell them to just hang up when they get such a call. If they're worried about their son, they can call him themselves. More than likely he's perfectly safe.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
mitch_stu
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers Titania this site is great finding out all the info
woody999
Dormain Reshuffler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fake cop scam is alive and well in the US Evil or Very Mad

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/71586717.html

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 198 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5815
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic