SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Shutting Down Bank Accounts

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This might be a dumb question, but I got my first bank account from a lad today. I checked the forums to see what I can do with it, and saw that I should report it to Alan. My question is, is there any way I will find out if the bank account I reported has been shut down? Thanks.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only way you will know that 'something' has happened regarding a reported account is if a Lad suddenly wants you to recall your transfer and send the money to him through another bank account or by Western Union or Moneygram.

The Lad is unlikely to tell you that a bank account has been closed (although that can happen: see my signature line). He is more likely to tell you that the account holder has had to travel out of the area, or has had an accident, or has even died. Or he may suddenly announce that he has found a 'better' account for you to use.

If Alan is able to do anything about that bank account you have reported, it will probably take him at LEAST a week (and undoubtedly longer at this time of year), and potentially more time than that. So, once you have reported your bank account, your character will need to take as long as possible to actually get to their bank and make a transfer - which, the bank will tell them, will take another six or seven days to go through.

After that time has passed, you can PRETEND that the account has been suspended or closed, even if it has not. When the Lad says he hasn't received the money, your character will need to (slowly, eventually) go back to the bank and enquire what has happened. Your character can be told that there was a problem with the receiving bank and the money has been returned to them.

And then you can ask the Lad for another bank account to try!

Well done getting your first bank account. May there be many many more!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Clark Fur Trading
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It can take some amount of time for that to happen. As has been mentioned in previous posts related to this issue, each country and location has specific laws and regulations regarding the closure of accounts relating to fraud.
You may find some happen in as little as 3-4 days. Others take much longer, if ever.
To answer your question regarding if you will know, the answer is no. The gentleman that we forward this information to is inundated by such reports and does not have the time or resources to let us know if they are closed. I've only reported 20 so far, so I'm far from being an expert, but in every case, I've received my confirmation from my pets themselves. The first account is usually just ignored, but if you get a few of them closed, the lads will start getting paranoid - believe me, you'll know when they get closed. They may start to suspect that someone that you know is tapping into your account. They'll usually ask for you to change to a different email addy, change your password, etc. They most certainly (if they're a relatively smart lad) be contacting you from a different account after the second one is closed.
Usually they will tell you that a harcker has harcked their account. If you straight-bait and build up a nice IE with the scammer, this will lead directly to another bank account (and another piggy! Smile ) and perhaps, as with my favorite gullible pet at the moment, 6 of them.
You will be shocked and amazed at the levels of lad frustration that are displayed once they see these accounts being closed. If you've been straight baiting, they will never suspect you of being a joker. Although, I don't think that they can wrap their tiny minds around the fact that someone would want to do this to them if they've been dealing with them for weeks or months.
My advice is to keep going for as many piggies as you can from one scammer and not to blow things early by getting excited about the prospects of them providing an account to you and you seeing that as carte blanche to start asking for pictures of them with goats.
In my experience thus far, getting to the stage of a few bank accounts is really just a signal to me that my foot is just barely in the door with them and if you make it appear as though you are a good little victim that is trying one's hardest to send the money, they will buy into successively more and more absurd modalities.
For instance, the gentleman that is here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/album_showpage.php?pic_id=274 only gave me this gem of a photo after a month and a half of straight baiting, 2 dolla chops, 3 failed bank transfers (replete with 3 piggies Smile ), and about 125 emails. And I'm still very reluctant to push him too far into the realm of absurdity. I've big plans for this lad, and they're only just beginning to form.

"We have not experince this kind of stress trying to receive our payment since the inception of our operation. We can no longer go on with this unyeilding transaction" - Ch@rles Rob@rt0n, S3cur3 Sh13ld Guru!
"People like you are not common to see in this universe." - Felix Obih
"I am devastated by my brothers health.the wound of his hynia cut is not healing fast.though the doctor ahve removed the ropes in there." - Albertine and Jonathan
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies guys. So how do you go about getting the little Piggy Bank icons then? Smile
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nevermind guys! Figured it out. Sorry for the annoying questions!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic