SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do your baiting techniques ever spill into your real life?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A little background:

As part of my job, I recently had to communicate with a person who does ordering for our company. This is a very annoying person who is generally regarded as an officious, overbearing busybody. For example, she is prone to canceling, changing and questioning orders that she has no actual authority to question/change/cancel, etc. Pretty much everybody hates having to deal with her.

Anyway, in my latest exchange with her, I found myself feigning misunderstanding, questioning trivial points, asking her to elaborate on pretty much everything she wrote, asking her to resend forms, instructions. Most people might call my behavior passive aggressive. But I was genuinely surprised (and kind of delighted) to realize that I was using baiting techniques on her, to control the situation, to make her the annoyed one rather than myself. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done this before I started baiting.

So, it has me wondering: Have any of you experienced cases where you find yourself using your baiting techniques in real life? Was this a conscious choice, or did you just slip into it?
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ WOW what a good idea I can think of a few people whow ould 'enjoy' baiter tactics. Laughing

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes. 'I am trying my best, and it is your fault that I am not succeeding.'

Context: every sticky situation dealing with officialdom.

Conscious choice!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My hubby and I have been known to say
" it sounds 100% risky free" when we're dubious about something

Maybe hanging around here has made me over cautious.
I had a phone call the other day saying they were the fraud dept of one of my credit cards, asking did I have the card, what was the number on the back,what was my security question.
So being aware of phising/ fraud/ id theft I said the card wasnt to hand.
Then phoned back through customer services to double check

It was genuine and my card had been cloned, the big clue to the card company was that I hadnt used the card for nearly 6 months.
They'd blocked the payment already (for designer trainers- again big clue. my sons have BIG feet so can't trainers from bog standard online stores )
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I teach at a college and begin EVERY lesson by writing little notes on the side of the chalkboard...

Chapter we are currently on

What assignments are posted online for them to do
Due dates for assignments

Upcoming assignments that will be given and day they will be given.

Upcoming exam
What chapters exam covers

So, one Tuesday I was really sick and had to call in. The exam was scheduled for the Thursday. I posted online - blackboad, google mail that they have access to, and a big note on the front of the door saying the exam was rescheduled for the following Tuesday.

So on Wednesday some dumbass calls the office over and over and over stating that they have no idea when the exam for my class will be and that I do not give my students notice about anything - they are all lost and would appreciate me informing them about what's going on Rolling Eyes

Student calls EVERY hour all day.

I was busy and never checked my voicemail until 1 a.m. so I never returned the call from the secretary telling me this student was calling.

Next class = Thursday - - I come in with a stack of papers. (Dumbass student had not left her name when she called) I said "Ok everyone clear your desks. "

They were like - WTF??

I said - it's exam day - don't you remember?

THey were like - NO NO NO NO - you said it will be postponed until Tuesday - - I said... I don't remember that? You guys are just trying to pull a fast one on me - get out your pencils and clear your desks. They were like - NO you posted it in email and blackboard and a big note on the door - why are you now saying it's today?

I said - Did ANYONE not get the notice? DId ANYONE here not know when the exam is going to be? Who here did NOT get a notice that the exam is Tuesday?

NO one raised their hand.

I said - so everyone of you mean to tell me you got a message that the exam is Tuesday? Everyone is like - yes....

I said - so who is the dumbass who called the office yesterday every single hour saying that they would appreciate it if I would let people know what's going on and communicate with students so they didn't just have to guess what's going on in this class?

They were like - NO way - no one did that - - I said - one of you did..

LMAO.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^Eliza, how brilliant and devious!

I hope the non-dumbass students in your class appreciated your ruse once you explained it to them! I also hope your office has caller id, so you could identify the dumbass (now lying dumbass) in question!
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I find it rather unprofessional, actually. Confused

My baiting has spilled into my real life in the fact that I forget that I don't have to use a fake name and email account for everything in life. My husband put a family picture up on facebook and I almost freaked out. Laughing

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I answer wrong numbers with, "Yes, I'm Mr [name]".

Absolutely not a conscious choice. It's even more awkward when it's a first name. Apparently non-lads aren't terrible impressed with "Mr Joe" or "Mr David". Confused

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
Carlos Dominquez
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When ever I am filling in a document I have a habit of putting a baiter address I use. Just the other day I put a baiter address for a contact and I put my US registered number too! - Online used for baiting.

Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not a baiting technique, but I've learned a few things here that I am finding useful in RL.

I'm on the organizing committee for a new charitable foundation, and at our meeting today I suggested we at least need an email address, even before we get a website. One of the other people there suggested [email protected], and I said that we could get a domain of xxxfoundation.org and use it just for emails until we can get the funds to get a real website at that domain. They hadn't known you could have a domain just for emails, and I said, "Lads do it all the time." Of course, then I had to explain who "lads" are. Laughing

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great story, Eliza! Laughing
I've played the "good cop-bad cop" routine with co-workers to get difficult customers to believe the truth about what the other person has said. Depending on how the first person interacted the first time, the other co-worker would play the opposite. Worked like a charm. We had the solution to their problem, it was just a way of convincing them that they should trust the judgment of the other, and the unsaid, "stop wasting our time." Laughing

I have been baited by innumerable people on this very forum in real life! (who shall go unnamed-you know who you are.) And I was even recently baited by Rover, to renew my Premium Membership! Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use the word "modality" a lot.

I had a customer the other day who explaining about a special engineering tool and he was blindsided when I asked, "What special modality do you want to use with this tool?

Then I suggested to our purchasing department, who cancel orders which still have outstanding deliveries on them, that they "should reconsider their purchase order maintenance modality".

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know in the past a few people had to "quit" eater and baiting because their personality changed and not for the better. Dealing with lads 24/7 can have that effect. Especially when you think baiting equals slapping. It can also be frustrating not to mention very insulting when every lad is trying to steal your money by telling you some of the dumbest stuff you have every heard and is putting in zero effort. Then it's disconcerting when you realize it actually works on some people.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You learn somehow how to manipulate people - the analogy is there. You have a goal to achieve in mind and you try to motivate people again and again, varying the "a bigger reward will wait for you afterwards"-idea. I believe that´s a good thing because it works everywhere in real life.

The "bad" thing is that baiting means lying. This burns many people out soon. What builds my baiting spirits up again and again and again is reading through scamwarners.com (seeing that the scammers really deserve everything you can do with them!) and the exchange with other baiters from/on Eater. This way it has been working very fine for me.

The rest has all been said - the little techie things that are indeed useful for real life (Skype numbers, using mass mail templates, understanding the scam anatomy, educating people about that). I think this hobby has many positive aspects.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Albator
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I find myself better at phone when I have administrative or equivalent problems.
The last one was about an undued electricity bill.
I obtained what I want, but before baiting I would have lost my nerves and sent them to hell Very Happy
The same with telemarketers.
I also seem to be better when arguing with my fiancee Laughing
This is the good side.

On another hand I get pretty paranoid.
For example, I received last month a warning letter from my credit card provider.
My card number was among a database that was hacked, so my card had to be cancelled and I would receive a new one for free (maybe some Europeans of you guys received the same letter).
I had to give a call to a free phone number, give my card number and a code that was given in the letter.
I imagined someone found my card number and address, sent me this fake letter and was trying to get my PIN.
It was 100% genuine, but still I surfed the whole interweb half an hour and gave 2 phone calls to my banker to be sure it was effectively not a fake...

Still, as Frumpy and others already mentionned it, I was already careful about my informations on the net, but it's really better now, which is one of the good things to take from baiting to RL.

United Kingdom x4 Filipino flag United States x7 Germany
Closed lad accounts x64 Mortar x11 Goat Nurse Nastys Audi TT
T.W.A.T(co-bait with MoP)
Sand Timer
-S4m 07/01/08-Ongoing
-An4st4s1y4 (Vlad) 11/26/08-Ongoing "I would iron your cock through trousers while it will not be firm"
-0um4r (Hitlad) 11/28/08-Ongoing
-Y4o 02/19/09-Ongoing
-Ver0nika (Vlad) 384d

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support 419Eater.com]</a>
<a href="http://scamwarners.com/forum/index.php">www.scamwarners.com</a>
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I find the tinfoil hat comes in handy in RL.

A resort on another continent wanted my cc details to make a booking, the wife was amazed to watch me get Ip adresses and a Whois lookup on their website before I'd do anything so rash. How did I know they were who they said they were? - they could've been lads with a cloned website.

Even then I ended up faxing them my cc details rather than email it to a potentially insecure mailbox.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
I know in the past a few people had to "quit" eater and baiting because their personality changed and not for the better. .

That's a scary thought, but it makes a lot of sense. It's like a cop who develops a really cynical and bitter outlook on life from his constant encounters with the worst of society.

As for me, if I have to "quit" eater and baiting it will be because it's so addictive, and can be such a time drain. If I ever find myself checking my baiter email accounts first thing in the morning, before my actual real life email account, that will be a warning sign! Laughing

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
soylent green
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Having hung out with a bunch of "ex-baiters" I can vouch for the fact that some of the baiters change their personalities for the worse.

It is like doing drugs - some people are inherently weak, and cannot handle the strains that come with playing another persona on the net. It gets to them, they treat their fellow baiters as they do the scammers and eventually they retire battle scarred for life.

So - if you find baiting techniques taking over your life it might be the time to step away from it all while you still can ...

=
O
<|\/
|\
// s.t.
angusmactavish
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think this really answers your question, but I do find myself, when
on a website that insists on your personal info, registering as

Angus MacTavish
419 Usman Bello Blvd.
Lagos, Nigeria

Listen, my contact with you in this transaction does not warrant you to insult my personality for any reason. - Godwin Luis

United Kingdom Cayman Islands Bahamas, The United Kingdom Bahamas, The
Cayman Islands Cayman Islands Netherlands Nigeria Netherlands Safari Mortar x18
KnottyPine
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jammy:
Quote:
As for me, if I have to "quit" eater and baiting it will be because it's so addictive, and can be such a time drain. If I ever find myself checking my baiter email accounts first thing in the morning, before my actual real life email account, that will be a warning sign! Laughing
Ut-oh Embarassed

Why is it so difficult to receive money from you.I am having a hunch that you are delibrately making it difficult for me.I want you to remember all the problems you have put me through from your first bank transfer to the second one to our London account to this very western Union that you sent more than a week ago. You are putting me through all kind of stress just to receive money from you.

kindly please for God sake re-send it again in a proper way

you are making things so complicated for me...i can no longer condole all this stress you are making me pass through

Your are so honest i like the way you act.

you are playing games with me, but I still want to beleive in you because I have no much choices right now.
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^Knotty Pine. Yeah, I know. I chose that example because it's so true Embarassed

soylent green wrote:
if you find baiting techniques taking over your life it might be the time to step away from it all while you still can ...

In my example above, I only thought of it as a positive effect. It let me take control of a RL situation that would otherwise have aggravated me. However, what you say is definitely food for thought! I guess if I ever find myself doing it when it's not warranted, or with a friend or loved one, I'll step quietly away from the keyboard.

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It's like a cop who develops a really cynical and bitter outlook on life from his constant encounters with the worst of society.

Embarassed I'm very cynical about everything and anything, means I don't tend to enjoy things I should
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If someone annoys me I can find myself muttering a mordant "REMAIN BLESS" under my breath, while really hoping the sky falls down on their head.

Nothing unusual there you might think, except the "REMAIN BLESS" bit is in caps lock when I think it. Shocked Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All interesting observations... Cool

Not too long after joining Eater, I read a piece of advice our very own Gomer Pyle offered a new member who had come to a standstill with his lad. It always stuck with me. Smile

"You're learning to bargain from a position of weakness and eventually take control. It's a good life skill to learn."

Jammy wrote:

Quote:
Have any of you experienced cases where you find yourself using your baiting techniques in real life?

Did the turnaround technique work with her....did she finally get it?

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Elisa DL. I hope you were just kidding about your test. Reprisals and mass punishments have no place in education. Announcing something and doing another is false teaching.

@Ghost. I now know why you are a mod. I've had to alter my baiting and do not slap anymore. I could actually feel what it was doing to my blood pressure and it carried into my RL. Now I ignore my lads until they plead with me. My biggest slap is "It appears that the Evangelism Committee did not approve of your submissions.".

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic