SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Any of you Xbox360 users?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd go to a gaming site to ask - but I feel more comfortable with you guys...

My son's Xbox360 died Nov 2007, Nov 2008, and now it's Nov 2009 and it died again! They now want me to pay $120 to have it fixed again!

But I'm not stupid - I feel like I'm being scammed.....

So, my son's birthday is in less than 2 weeks. Do you guys agree it's better to just buy him a new one?

And do you have experience with the elite? I have heard that it doesn't get the red ring of death.....

I just hate to spend so much money and then have the same thing - - Do you agree - buy a new one for $300 - - or pay $120 to have the current fixed... (every november) Plus to have the new one fixed will take 3 to 6 weeks - so he won't be able to play the games I bought him for his birthday.....

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, you have a couple of options.

1. Buy the 'arcade' version. It doesn't have the hard drive, but you already have that.

It's $199 so you will save some money that way. Just call 1-800-4MY-XBOX to link the old hard drive with the new unit.

2. Buy the 'elite' version. You get a bigger hard drive. Call 1-800-4my-xbox and ask for a free 'data' migration cable. Transfer old data from smaller hard drive to new larger drive.

I went through a couple of xbox's when they were new. My current one was replaced last Christmas and I've not had any trouble.

I would go with option 1.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The one that I bought my brother last Christmas is going strong with a lot of use on it.I read that the red ring of death was caused by poor solder joints,and the later production ones don't suffer from the problem.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
MrBadLuck
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would go with Tastysnack on this one and buy the arcade version. Doc Holliday is correct as well, the lead based solder they used in the first and second generation Xbox 360s would crack if heated to a certain temperature repeatedly (as in, playing your xbox normally). The new ones shouldn't be affected by this problem

Now if you really love your son you'll get him an Elite Laughing

"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We just got back from GameStop. I ended up getting this bundle that has Gears of War Modern Warfare along with the XBox360 elite (black box)

My kid is so excited and all the neighborhood kids are on their way over.... He had 2 remotes. Now this comes with 2 more. So 4 kids can play at a time.

Now hope this does not break!

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good choice!

If you want call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and buy the extended warrenty. It's cheap and gives you 3 years from MS directly.

They handle any problems very well. Much less than Best Buy etc.

Good luck!

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You think the extended warranty is necessary? I was offered it for another $50 and declined it. I am hoping that this thing actually lasts since the last one didn't and everyone made such a big deal about it. THe Manufacturing date on this was 09-17-09. So, I hope that it's better and more improved.

I called xbox and they are sending me that data cable you mentioned... costs $14.05 with tax and all.

I told my kid he can have it now but don't complain when his birthday comes in 2 weeks and all he gets is a cake and goes to the movies with me. He said no problem.

<br>

Mortar x12
Golden Pith
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Call them back. Unless things have changed, the cable should be free. Mine was anyways. Tell them you just dropped $400 and you want it for free. I would.

As for the extended warrenty, I didn't get it for my newest console. And yours was practically made yesterday. I wouldn't expect problems.

As a bonus, your son's new console uses about 40% less power than before. So your power bill should be bit lower! Laughing

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never bought a 360 because of their dying issue, but I've read that their newer "Jasper" version is supposed to run cooler which I hear overheating was the main cause of the red ring. To see if you have a redesigned Jasper version look for the following info:

(I found it here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081129030216AAfXxvc )
Quote:
Look for this info on the unit:
Lot Number: 0843X
Team: FDOU
Manufacture Date: 10/23/2008
PSU Output: 150W
Console Power Rating: 12.1A
Source(s):
http://forums.xbox.com/24344540/ShowPost.aspx

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic