SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Working with Barclays Bank?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does Barclays Bank have a fraud report contact, and will they actively shut down emails of lads pretending to be Barclays?

Some banks seem to have this, but I've searched Barclays website and I can't find any way to report this kind of thing.

Has anyone worked with them before to shut down a lad's address.

Note: The lad hasn't set up a fake Barclay's site, nor has he given me a Barclays account for transfer. He's just impersonating them.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's probably not a lot they can do, except maybe ask the ISP to kill the email address, in which case the scammer sets up 50 more in minutes.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you quote the email address?
Forum policy is not to close free ones from Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

editing to make my post read more clearly.... I just thought I would elaborate on Mr. Tamborine man's post...

When you shut down an account - you can screw up some good baits. (What if the lad was one of those who did not save the email addresses of the people he was emailing? Or what if the lad doesn't immediately open another account and just starts working from another one of his accounts that the baiter doesn't know about?)

Sometimes lads may be about to safari - - the shut down closes the ability of the lad and scambaiter to communicate (temporarily)

or someone may be pretending to be another lad working with that lad. They begin to get information that can help shut down their business..... like the lad will sometimes hand over the list of people they are scamming - so the scambaiter can then email those people and let them know that it's fraud. So the scambaiter is then able to help the innocent people.

When you shut down the account, the lad just goes and opens a new one. They take all their email addresses and just type them into the new place. Or if they didn't keep a list of all the people they have ... then they simply open a new account and start with new addresses...

So, that's why we don't shut down accounts It doesn't hurt the lads. Wink

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good point, Eliza.

I've read of baits where as soon as the bank lad sends an email, the baiter forwards it to the real bank, and the real bank shuts it down. This way the bank lad needs a new email address for every single contact with you, which I can imagine would become very aggravating and time-wasting for him.

Also, it would work very nicely with my baiting style: "Why does this reputable banker keep insisting on a new email address each time? I have my money ready to send, but I am starting to not trust this transaction. To prove you are genuine,..." etc, you get the picture.

However, if there is so much fear of collateral damage to other potential baits, I don't have to do this. There are plenty of ways to delay.

Jammy
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done, the only lad addresses we do shut down are those that are used by 'phone lads' as they spend time and effort seeding places with their fake offers and then can't get any replies. For one of those, if you get it shut by the hoster, you get an icon.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
KnottyPine
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jammy: What we like to close down are bank accounts (not email addresses for the reasons mentioned already). Read the sticky in the SCAMBAITING HELP, HINTS & TIPS forum about submitting bank info to Alan.

Why is it so difficult to receive money from you.I am having a hunch that you are delibrately making it difficult for me.I want you to remember all the problems you have put me through from your first bank transfer to the second one to our London account to this very western Union that you sent more than a week ago. You are putting me through all kind of stress just to receive money from you.

kindly please for God sake re-send it again in a proper way

you are making things so complicated for me...i can no longer condole all this stress you are making me pass through

Your are so honest i like the way you act.

you are playing games with me, but I still want to beleive in you because I have no much choices right now.
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@@ Jammy
Quote:
Does Barclays Bank have a fraud report contact . . .

Most banks have a fraud reporting email that can usually be found on their websites. Barclays is [email protected]

The response by financial institutions varies when fraud or attempted fraud is reported. Time is important in phishing frauds and I have seen a generic "thanks be careful we wouldn't do that" sent 6 weeks after a fraud was reported to individual response within 10 minutes. No response at all is common.

Bank fraud is some of the worst scams because the victims usually just want to follow the scammers rules for something they don't fully understand. A lot of truely innocent people are harmed.

p.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
you can screw up some good baits.

Not a valid reason as to why we don't shut down most free mails. Wink

Quote:
It doesn't hurt the lads.

A valid reason as to why we don't shut down most free mails. Wink

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
pi_eyed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I once had occasion to try to close down a fake Barclay's site hosted in the Ukraine.

Both Barclay's internet security and the British Fraud squad declined even to reply to the copies of the complaint letter that I sent the Ukrainian host.

I think the host eventually closed it down because they just got tired of getting complaint letters from various aa419 bank killers.

But you might as well whistle into the wind as contact Barclay's internet security.

Blah. Thumbs down

YES, I INTEND TO BE A COMPLETE TOSSER
Godwin Eluwa

HERE IS MY ERECT LINE YOU CAN RING ME ANY TIME @ +229 xxxxxxx
-British High Commission

My tel is a special comforwarded line and there is no way it will not ring globaly.
-Bainoo

Why are you referring me as Barrister Buttplug to discredit me? Is it because this name appears on every email I send to you.
-Guess who

Safari Tosser Johnson. A Tosser's Tale Lagos-Cotonou Safari Lagos-Lome Sand Timer

United Kingdom x 26 Malaysia Ghana Ivory Coast South Africa Cellphone x 9 Closed lad accounts x mucho Easter Egg 2013
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another reason not to close down accounts - Many anti-scam websites keep an archive of scam mails, many bloggers stuff and mount scam emails they receive, and they are searchable. An enterprising victim, or a less enterprising one who has been warned by someone else, can find the scam letter through a Google search. If you force the lad to change addresses then a Google search wont find anything, or at least nothing so conclusive.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic