SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fried chicken

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had some allens fried chicken today for lunch and figured out, This stuff costs me a bomb in money! (Once I use my free chicken vouchers)

So does anyone have a receipe for fried chicken batter? Anything as tasty as KFC/Allens? I got a deepfat fryer and some chicken so all good to go!

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
DeepSeaBaiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think you'll ever match the flavor of KFC. We sometimes do cornflake chicken, it comes out much more moist than the takeout stuff and it's just as crispy.
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know I won't I want some batter with some flavour like theirs in it. Is that even possible?

My MoneyGram form

HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that its going to be fairly hard to duplicate the texture and flavor. They use their herb blend but they also pressure cook their chicken and then slow roast it in an oven.

Personally I like skinless/boneless chicken that has been marinated then rolled in panko before being fried. As an alternate, I like chicken that has been dolloped with a little ranch dressing before its wrapped in aluminum foil and grilled on the BBQ.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doesn't it seem like most of the chicken is just useless crap?
Why haven't we genetically modified them to have like 12 drumsticks?

As for the OP, my cooking skills are reduced to toasting bagels/pouring milk on cereal. Sorry.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow

Last edited by mr.scissorkick on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
menjador
Paranoia Injector

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I usually take some buttermilk and some flour and taste maker for a little spice some Cayenne pepper in it and mix up my chicken in it..

Closed lad accounts x1

Pls if you are joking with me just stop it because i don't want to lose this wonderful opportunity . -Akim J. Chamber
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Somewhere out there <waves wildly around> is a website dedicated to replicating fast food recipes. If I find it before someone else posts it I'll let you know.

Purple Flower
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A few things..

One site wrote:
First you will need to determine what animal they are using, because it sure isn't chicken

http://www.abebooks.com/blog/index.php/2009/07/23/americas-most-wanted-recipes-kfc-secret-revealed/

http://kfcchickenrecipe.com/how-to-make-kfc-original-fried-chicken.html

Neither of which are from the site I found out there, long ago <waves around again>

Purple Flower
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@GordonBennet Thanks for the second site, I am now blending my own 419eater blend chicken! Will be tastier than KFC/Allens

I thought KFC in the UK had to legally tell the consumer the contents of their food so the consumer can make an informed choice and see if they are allergic to anything, much like Pepsi having to put their "Secret ingredient" on the label

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In parts of Nothern England are 'Krunchy Fried Chicken', part of a chain set up by ex employees of KFC, and, according to my taste buds, they did a pretty good job of stealing the 'secret' recipe. Despite that, the similar sign and 'KFC' initials, they have been at it for a while, so they haven't been jumped on by lawyers. Yet.

I laughed in Switzerland, where I saw a 'McTucky's'. Obviously even McDonald's and KFC cant afford Swiss lawyers. Laughing

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jay: They might (I wouldn't know), but even if they have to tell you the ingredients, wouldn't 'Herbs' or 'Spices' be allright? And even if they have to list them all seperately, you still don't know the amounts or ratios that they've used.
Let's say it says garlic & pepper (to use some simple ones I know the English equivalents of). Then they'd list 'garlic & pepper', but adding 1 unit of garlic and 2 of pepper would taste very differently than 5 units of garlic and 1 of pepper (or to keep the ratios the same 10 of garlic and 20 of pepper). So even knowing what they use won't get you there without lots and lots of experimentation.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We call it Kan't Freaking Cook here. I like it especially since they introduced the grilled menu. As far as price goes, I don't think it gets much cheaper. I can feed the whole family with dessert for $35.00. Anything under $10.00 a head here is cheap.

Anyway, Janet (come on people keep up with the names) normally picks up dinner on Wednesdays for Chrissy and I.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In Kenya in the early 80s they had Kenchicky outlets. If you continue the spoonerism it pans out to Ken Chicky tries fuckin'.

I always wondered whether it was intentional.

Purple Flower
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/archive/index.html/t-335383.html
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@NNN Martin lewis is banned on eater, but thanks anyway Razz

@Roycropper I seen them here in Manchester! never been in!

I always thought that legally they need to tell you what herbs and spices just incase you might be allergic one herb or spice.

Im perfecting an eater fried chicken and shall release the receipe Razz`

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Im perfecting an eater fried chicken and shall release the receipe

I take it it will be 100% risky free and that you'll want us to WU you money for the recipe Laughing

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It will be 150% risky free and I shall accept WU or MG as methods of payment, Once my barrister receives the payment I shall furnish you with the receipe.

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

could you send me a photograph of yourself stirring the recipe? with a chicken on your head of course. Then I will believe you Rolling Eyes

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After looking at all the ingredients needed to make something that tastes like KFC, I have come to the conclusion that it is cheaper and easier to just go buy KFC.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's 20 miles/32 kilometres to my nearest KFC!

I have all the ingredients in the house - and so tonight it's Original Chicken, Barbeque Beans, Potato Wedges, Chips/Fries with the seasoning, and Gravy. I hope this is as good as it sounds!

Thanks for the link GordonBennett!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One meal later..........

I didn't make the barbeque beans in the end: the recipe I had required bacon, and I didn't have any bacon substitute. But, as for the rest:

Original Chicken: Brilliant! Not really 'like Kentucky', but more like what Kentucky would taste like if they used all real/natural ingredients. Needs cooking quite gently, though - I burnt one piece. Oh, and next time, I'll use a little less chicken stock cube - I don't know whether UK ones are stronger in flavour than US ones, but there remained a 'hint of stock cube' taste, so I think a little less would be better.

Potato Wedges: I don't think I've ever had Kentucky potato wedges, so I had nothing to compare them with, but these were very good; maybe could have done with a little less salt, that's all.

Chips/Fries: I used a cheap brand of frozen thin chips, and with the added seasoning, they really did taste like Kentucky chips!

Popcorn Chicken: I decided to make this as well. The coating didn't really want to stick to the chicken in the preparation, and it came out looking nothing like Kentucky Popcorn Chicken - but it tasted much the same, only better -and had the same slight chewiness - this was my favourite part of the meal.

Gravy: A bit tedious to make, threatened to go lumpy as well, but turned smooth again after I'd attacked it with a whisk. I couldn't forget that the main ingredient was a can of chicken soup, however, and it tasted just like a can of chicken soup with a few additional bits to me. My dining partner, however, declared it wonderful and ate the equivalent of about four Kentucky tubs of it. Next time I'll try another copycat recipe I took from a different site, and see if I like that one better.

I think that one has got to enjoy cooking to tackle all this - there's lots of different mixtures, it all gets kind of messy, and everything takes a different amount of time to cook, so it becomes a bit frantic in places. And the aftermath is a bombsite kitchen as well. But to me it was worth it (and good fun) and yes, I'll do it again. Maybe next time with Zingers and/or Hot Wings as well. And adapted barbeque beans. And Crispy Strips.

The 'real food' version is much more filling, though!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Branwen wrote:
... Not really 'like Kentucky', but more like what Kentucky would taste like if they used all real/natural ingredients.
The 'real food' version is much more filling, though!

A few years ago I was sitting around a campfire on a Friday evening with some parents and adult leaders of other Scout troops. I reminded one parent that he left his job behind hours and hundreds of miles behind and to relax. He could not. He was a regional manager for KFC and spent his days going from one store to another dealing with PETA protesters. We must have listened to him for 5 minutes before I realized this guy was really traumatized by it all. This guy had worked his way up from rack washer over 20 years. I listen for another 15 minutes and this guy is becoming a buzz kill so I tell how he should deal with it. I told him he should get the leader off to the side, out of hearing range of others and tell him or her the truth. I wait for it. He asks what truth? I tell him you know, the secret. He still does not have a clue. I tell him in situations like this the PETA people's time is really valuable and they need to know that KFC does not use real chicken. Just tell them you don't use real chickens and they should go away. I had one Assistant Scoutmaster spew out a mouthful of coffee into the campfire but I never broke a smile. He says if he said that he would get reported and fired. I tell him if his boss mentions it, just deny it, he would never let out the secret. We didn't hear a single word about KFC the rest of the weekend.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Good job! Laughing

I can make a heck of a skillet of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and baked beans without a recipe. To put it in writing is too complicated and that is why that I have not responded to this thread until now. Smile

But, I'm here to tell you that I go to KFC sometimes. Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have never had KFC, but I do make a rather nice batter from my sourdough starter... I imagine it tastes nothing like KFC, being made from only flour and water Laughing

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bacon can pretty much make anything taste better. Once a week Chrissy (names people, keep up) cooks up some bacon for us as a snack. Janet doesn't care for it unless it has maple flavor added.

Anyway, KFC 14 piece mix original with grilled, x 6 biscuits, four sides (corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and mac and cheese). One chocolate cake. $34 and change Very Happy

Here, I don't know how to make chicken seem any less appetizing

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic