SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Ip Relay Scams

View next topic
View previous topic

Trapper John MD
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just became member to this site. Can't wait for my first. What inspired me to join is this: I work as a manager at a restaurant and for the past 2 months I have been plagued with Ip relay calls. First time I took one, I admit I was almost taken in, it wasted an hour and a half of my time. Since then I receive, on average, two to three per week.

The lad using the IP relay operator uses the same name and the same order every time. I give him a total and he gives me a card. Then he wants me to add $3000 on top of the card and wire it to his shipping company, who will come pick up the order. Trying to find a way to bait him. I find it challenging because of the use of a neutral third party to be that relay person. Any pointers in hooking this lad?
Juan Freizwidatt
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate those relay lads with a passion. Evil or Very Mad They are abusing a very needed service and wasting valuable resources. I would not suggest trying to bait them, however. For one thing that entails wasting more of the relay operator's time. For another, you would be baiting using your real information -- never a good idea.

I get some of those in my own business, I just cut them short and tell the operator it's a scam. Unfortunately there's not much they can do. Most of the time the operators are well aware that it's a scam but they are not allowed to interfere, their job is simply to act as a conduit. (Though one time a manager did cut into the call and disconnect the scammer, proceeding to tell me that they realized it was a scam. Managers do sometimes monitor and they can act on it.)

This has been discussed a number of times, you can find more about it by doing a search for keywords like 'deaf relay.'

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Trapper John MD
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info. I would love to do my part in keeping these lads occupied. Hope to post soon with some success. It is very strange that these relay scammers seem to hit on an idea but not let it go once they get turned down. I get the same name and order everytime. At last count I have received 20 calls, one just a few minutes ago. Is there a way to block them? I would be hesitant to do so in case someone who actually needs the service attempts to call. Arrrgh!! Frustrating! Mad
create
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a bit of dealing with relay operators a couple of years back...when I asked if I would like to accept the call I used to say "I hate scammers using IP relay but ok" the relay operator has to relay EVERYTHING you say....but only after the call has been accepted.
I would tell the scammer that no self respecting business would accept calls from IP Relay and demand that it was done by email. Give them a anon baiter account and bait like mad getting them off their format etc.
The only difference is that the scammers were calling my anon baiting phone...anon email address...baitername etc.
As a rule of thumb...you should never bait using your personal info,which you would be if they called your business.

I dont know if this helps

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic