SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Any collectors of old computers around?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is one of my hobbies. I always wanted to see what I missed, growing up behind the Iron Courtain.
So when I had enough ca$h I started to collect. Some of them are damaged. Some I managed to repair.
My first computer was a local clone of ZX Spectrum, still up and running after 17 years of ownership (well, he saw major use only in the first 5 years, but I like to fire it up from time to time).
I would like to show you my collection, but it is listed at http://www.old-computers.com under my real name. Some of you have enough clues to find it.
This is how my first lad managed to find my e-mail address. I was careless. I put it on my personal data at http://www.old-computers.com.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Collect" is probably the wrong word. They seem to have accumulated of their own accord for nearly 3 years.
Nascom 1
Nascom 2 (Both built from kits)
Dragon 32
CPC 464
CPC 6128‎:
I'm still using the PC I built in about 1995, It's been upgraded several times, with the original floppy disk drive to give continuity.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still have my TRS-80 Model 100 laptop from 1984, along with all the manuals describing the awesome computing power of this high-tech machine. Actually there is one big plus: it boots up instantly the second the switch is turned on. (Try that with Vista....) It has 64KB memory (half for RAM, half for ROM) and a built-in 300bps modem. No hard drive, no floppies -- though it can be hooked to a cassette deck to store data.

Times have changed....

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I forgot about my three Sharp Pocket PCs from the early 1980s.

I managed to squeeze about six useful work related Basic programs into less that 4KB of RAM. Quite impossible with any modern computers.
Happy days!

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
ratter
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not exactly a collector, but I still have my North Star Horizon, circa 1979. Some highlights:

Wood cabinet top and sides
S-100 bus
Z-80 processor at 4MHz
64K ram
2 5-1/4" floppy drives
2 8" floppy drives

Wikipedia Link Here

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaSpainSwitzerlandBeninNetherlandsCanadaGhanaItalyIrelandMalaysiaUnited Nations = 56

Goat

PayPal Modality
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not exactly collecting but I like to retro-game on the DS from time to time. it works great (>80%) as an Atari, NES or Colecovision and less well as an SNES and C64 Smile anyway, I believe this is off-topic because the trusty machines I had are now all gone to relatives or to the dustbin (imagine what I thought when, at the age of 20, I found my Atari gone, dad has thrown it away Surprised ).

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Jen Derbender
flabbergasted

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an Osborne 1. Still working fine, with original software, CP/M, Visicalc, Wordstar, MBasic; interfaces with IEEE-488. Screen's a little foggy, but I could easily polish it up.

http://oldcomputers.net/osborne.html

I keep it in my guest room, and tell guests before they go in there that there's a laptop in case they need to do any work. Very Happy

FUCK? FUCK AND FUCK YOU. YOUR NOTHING BUT SHIT OKEY, ARE YOU ARE OFF BACK TO SENDER... YOUR ARE A BIG RAT OKEY FUCK YOUR SELF UP AND WHOM EVER THAT SUPPORT YOU, FOOL FUCK YOUR MOTHER WITH NO SPAM, RAT. - Kaosiso Chukwu

"Folken sheet like you.Beach,your mother and your house maid are folken themselves... Folk your folks... you comes when you are been fingered which makes you an idiot of sex luncering.You will never understand that english because it is not made for people like you." - Insane Idiot

Does your lad have too much time and phone credits on his hands? Have him call the Integrated Customer Service Call Centre at +1 206 905 9742! Dissatisfaction guaranteed!

United Kingdom x2 China Nigeria United States Ivory Coast x2 Closed lad accounts x?
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had to surrender my ZX81 some years back, but I loved that thing, it taught me to program. Now it's all games consoles etc, but back in the day you had to work at it Wink

Anyone interested in this please go and support The National Museum of Computing http://www.tnmoc.org.uk where they have living examples of many very early computers including a complete Colossus which saved thousands upon thousands of lives on both sides of the 2nd World War by making it feasible to crack the German Enigma code. It pre-dates ENIAC, and is the worlds first programmable computer, and we all owe it a massive debt. It is our computing heritage, and a work of true pioneering genius.

TNMOC really need donations, please help them with their incredible project - they have instances of pretty much all the early 80's explosion of computers like Dragons, NewBrains, Orics, etc saved for posterity but have collection gaps still. Ancient business machines are also welcomed. Please visit TNMOC and support them financially if you are able to do so or this important phase in history will be lost in the modern race to upgrade.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an AMD Athlon 1,4 GHz with 512 RAM (but for a serious buyer I'll jack it out and put in 256).
I treasure it above anything, but will grudgingly part from it for a nice pile of $.
It's still in working, as you can see.
It even can run latest and most modern applications or games like Notepad++ or Open Transport Tycoon 0.7.3
Carlos Dominquez
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have always wanted an original Mac. The work gone into them is amazing. A dedicated team 90hours+ a week to bring us to where we are today. To see the first point and click OS too, stolen from the guys down Xerox PARC.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I learnt/spent loads of time with an Apple ii with 32k RAM and Basic with some machine code.

I later bought a BBC microcomputer with the same memory and once again a cassette drive. I later got a floppy. I learnt so much about this machine it almost became part of me. Extremely well designed machine by people who knew what they were doing.

I had View the wordprocessor and the Pascal plug-in chips saw me through a degree in computer science (83 to 86). Only about 25% of people on the course had their own computer!

I have tried giving away this machine without any luck. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

- Mr.Amos, I must commend on your efforts. Let me know when Paddy is satisfied...
- I think the payment is a Western Union Moneygram. Does that help?
-You are stressing me too much, I must confess to you. Dr T@o (6 1/2 months)
-I'm really speechless about what your Sister did to you Babs
-we were able to give out 7 goats to the orphan's parents
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still have one of these amstrad laptops

It needs a good home, but it WORKS!!!

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a Kaypro10 and threw it in the garbage a few years ago. Crying or Very sad (Stock picture, not one of the actual machine)

Edit: re-size picture

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic