SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

And another thing HHGTTG 6

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So has anyone read the Eoin Colfers book?
Is it any good?
Should I buy it?

I've been trying to listen to Radio 4's book at bedtime adaptation but keep falling asleep Embarassed
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a book about 42????? must buy must buy ....

Courtesy of Amazon (price of book £8.54)
Review
I haven’t read anything in a long time that made me laugh as much (The Times )

Douglas Adams is reborn in Eoin Colfer’s masterful prose (Observer )

Product Description
An Englishman’s continuing search through space and time for a decent cup of tea . . . Arthur Dent’s accidental association with that wholly remarkable book The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy has not been entirely without incident. Arthur has travelled the length, breadth and depth of known, and unknown, space. He has stumbled forwards and backwards through time. He has been blown up, reassembled, cruelly imprisoned, horribly released and colourfully insulted more than is strictly necessary. And, of course, he has comprehensively failed to grasp the meaning of life, the universe and everything. Arthur has, though, finally made it home to Earth. But that does not mean he has escaped his fate. For Arthur’s chances of getting his hands on a decent cuppa are evaporating along with the world’s oceans. Because no sooner has he arrived than he finds out that Earth is about to be blown up . . . again. And Another Thing . . . by Eoin Colfer is the rather unexpected, but very welcome, sixth instalment of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy trilogy. It features a pantheon of unemployed gods, everyone’s favourite renegade Galactic President, a lovestruck green alien, an irritating computer and at least one very large slab of cheese
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, from what I've listened to so far it's got Arthur, Trillian, Ford and Zaphod- with one head about to meet their doom being saved by Wowbagger. Oh and the Vogons are still blowing up planets.

So yeah I think I may buy the book, just wondering if someone around here had read it and what the thoughts are on it

I'm trying to be kind to the book reading as it's not really fair to compare it to the original radio series which I was listening to when first broadcast in the late 70s

edit for spelling

Last edited by Nanny Ogg on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ as did I Razz
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Arthur, Trillian, Ford and Zaphod

I'm almost sure they are lads I've baited Laughing

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^
Take it they didn't find WU in uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

OK I'm going to buy the book. I'll add it to the pile of "books I really really want to read as soon as I get a chance and can stay awake " that sits beside my bed.
The new Terry Pratchet is top of that pile.

@ N N N no series on tv or the film really compares to that radio broadcast does it?
remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heh, I thought the last H2G2 book pretty well made everyone dead. But then what do I know Very Happy

There's a BBC radio adaptation too? Are they using the voice actors from the previous (3rd-5th) series?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its just being read as a book
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_four see Book at Bedtime

Everyone dead? hmm its now a six part trilogy so anything is possible Laughing
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ The radio show came first, all the rest is an adaptation .....

Sequence goes BBC Radio 4 Show, Books, BBC TV Series, Death of Author, US version movie (the pits by comparison) and now a new book.

and yes Nanny the original radio show can't be touched .... apart from this fully illustrated large special edition book I obtained some years ago Very Happy

No I lie, it took the TV series to explain the bowl of petunias Razz
Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^I loved the 'Shoe event horizon'

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought the bowl of petunias was explained in the tertiary phase of the radio show, though it came in one of the books first...

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I enjoyed the radio series, the books, and the TV series (other than the fact that they should have made further episodes to cover all the books).

The only thing that disappointed was the film. It just didn't work.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't mind any version, they all had their charm. Btw, I dunno about anywhere else, but here in Oztraylia we managed to the scripts for the original radio plays released as a soft cover back in the late 80's!!!

I will NEVER regret buying my copy, it's one the few books I kept when I had to turf my book collection Cool

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic