SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Pyramid Scheme? I think so...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DarthHerring
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Isn't "Cash Gifting" basically just another name for "Pyramid Scheme"? At any rate, enough people have gone to prison for it to convince me that it isn't legal.

http://www.cashgiftingwithbrandon.com/
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cash Gifting is a fancypants way of saying Ponzi/MLM/Pyramid. Just because a scheme claims to be 'not illegal' and that they wouldn't do it if it were does not mean they are legal! It just means 'not tried' (yet) - courts and juries cannot try every individual scheme, so work on the basis that if it smalls like a pyramid, tastes like a pyramid and moves like a pyramid, it's a freakin' pyramid!

http://www.squidoo.com/gifting_leveraging_giving_scams
http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/RC_5StarGifting.html

I also suggest anyone interested in how pyramid/MLM schemes really work read the excellent free ebook from Eric http://www.merchantsofdeception.com/ (give an email address but it's a great book and worth it). Pyramids are that insidious - scratch the surface of big powerful names like Amway and what do you find?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So... what can I do about a pyramid? I'm still new to the whole "ruin these scammers' lives" scene.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aside from general awareness raising, we don't really "do" pyramids here, and the few people at the top who make all the cash tend to surround themselves with mean lawyers etc. Just warn people, maybe if you're a religious type, do a little talk at church, just keep people aware. They come in all sorts of disguises, Aloe Vera networks, Amway, Women Empowering Women, gifting clubs, pigeon squab meat (yep, really), many guises. Read MLMWatch website for more info, and read that ebook too Smile

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DEFINITELY a pyramid scam, and not MLM.

I have a two prong test.

1) Do you pay to join? YES.
2) Is the only way to make money by recruiting new suckers in to the scam? YES.

Both=YES, means walk like an e-GYPT-ian cuz its a pyramid.

There is a site I was on called the MMF Hall of Humiliation (www.mmfhoh.org) which we used to humiliate these scumbags. They used to have a forum where we could make fun of these things Smile

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic