SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Novice scammer wants in

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cinoriyeknom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am just starting on this forum. Rather than start my own scam I would rather get in on someone else's if possible.
I lived in West Africa for a bit, but that was 10 years ago. The reason why I want in on someone else's scam is because I tried this myself before (after I heard of 419 Eater on This American Life last year) but I was not successful.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Rather than start my own scam(BAIT).

Welcome here. Please! Don't get your terminology confused. Lads/mugus scam, we scamBAIT. Good grief!

Aside from the terminology, make sure you read all the stickies, and sign-up for a mentor, who may invite you on their bait.

Failing that, I'm sure the more generous on the fora will invite you into theirs. I would, but I don't have any going at the moment. Razz

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi cinoriyeknom!

You may receive some offers to come in on someone else's bait, but don't be too disappointed if you don't - sometimes it can be difficult to get a Lad to accept another character, and start writing to them too - and you'd probably need to know all the backstory to the bait too!

But, I reckon you can also give it a good go on your own. Like Craig says, you can sign up for a mentor to help you, and there's lots of help in the Eater University, if you are happy to have a good read. Try this one, a Guide to Straight Baiting:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147262

You can take the plunge, reply to a Lad or two from the Surplus forum, and then, while you are waiting for your mentor, you can ask for any guidance you need in the Help, Hints, and Tips forum.

Don't be discouraged because your last attempt failed. After I joined Eater, the first three Lads I wrote to dropped me really quickly. Numbers four and five however, stayed around for three months, and gave me four bank accounts to report; and number six sent me lots of photos and even two videos of himself (or his friend who was pretending to be him, I don't know) talking to my character! Since then, my baits have continued to lengthen ... but, you know what, I can still get dropped within a week as well. It is what happens sometimes. But there are plenty more Lads out there to start again with.

Good luck!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't be afraid to start a bait of your own. Worst that can happen is you get dropped before you get any good responses, bank accounts, trophies, etc.,

Just remember not to go too fast. You need to spend a while acting normal, naive, and compliant. You need to draw the scammer in, make him believe you're a sucker. Then slowly turn it up. Don't rush into it, trying to demand pictures or safaris right out of the gate. I think the key to those kinds of trophies is putting the scammer into a position where he's invested a lot of time and effort into the scam, so that dropping you becomes more difficult.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another Massbait will appear at some point - a good massbait is ideal for newbies to give it a go, everyone shares the work and the glory, and it has a slight tutorial element to it.

If anyone has got a suitable lad, I'll head one up. By suitable, I mean persistant and flexible and fun...

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome to eater cinoriyeknom,

if you really wana give this a try just start to read alot of stuff like other baiters recomended eatersuniversity etc. and sure aply for a mentor...start with some straight baits just to get the feeling.....

good luck and bait safe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic