SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

dateline scam

View next topic
View previous topic

Trish47
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is not a new scam, I guess millions of naive people like me have fallen into the trap. The typical on line dating, in this case Tango Wire. Man seems very very interested in me. Exchange of personal emails, next step great plans for the future. Problem: he's in Benin doing oil rig work, is about to finish and wants to start a new life with naive woman. Africa is a dangerous place, cannot use his credit card, needs money to be wired to a third party, he calls "the postman", the name of the postman is George Ugor and the scammer calls himself Thomas John Greaves. He says he works for Turner Construction company in Boston. Half English, half American. Money wired through Western Union, more than 4,000 euros and manages to obtain one of my credit cards number. Supposed to turn up to meet me after a series of Indiana Jones type events. Never shows up, does not pick up phone. Does not answer emails. Have got his photos, in case he's the same person.
I would like Interpol to find him and have him arrested so he never does this again. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Demented Opportunist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interpol doesn't have any arrest powers - it's purely (AFAIK) an office for sharing information between agencies.

It's a shame you went through this, but I'm afraid there's little chance of this turd being caught. You might want to take this case to Scamwarners, where it could be used to help stop other people from being scammed.

"I aim to misbehave."

Asena - Pretty Rose
United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 180
Safari x 4 - Oyenka Chidinma - Lagos to Cotonou; Dickyboi - Lagos to Accra; Femmy - Lagos to Porto Novo; "Woody" - Accra to Singapore
Sand Timer x 7: Dufus & Abavana/Capt Joseph Annan/Victor Walla/Ohene Agyekum/James Jeffrey/Peace Akpobor & John Mensah/Tony Kalaby & Addo Gilbert
NickTheCop
argent to lucifer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As Yastreb has said, Interpol are little more than secretaries in the LE field.

The sad reality is that the only way this scammer is going to get caught is if the authorities in his own country (Benin, did you say) go after him, and there's a very slim chance of that happening. Furthermore, the photos you have of him are not really of him. Love scammers always just send photos of people they've found on the internet. The names he gave you aren't his either, so that falls through. The truth is that, even in the highly unlikely case that Benin authorities decide to try to catch this guy, they'll have a pretty difficult time doing it.

Sorry to drown your hopes like this. The truth is pretty uninspiring.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic