SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

what is going on here?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mofro
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, perhaps someone here has more experience and can tell me what is going on here and sorry if this is a little long:

I work at an internet company and often receive the mass sent email "i would like to make a purchase in your store, do you ship to Australia/Germany/Etc..." despite the fact that we don't have a store. A week ago I replied to one of these messages from a bait account (I know they have no idea who they send these messages to) and acted as if I was going to go through with a sale. after a little back and forth he explained to me that he had to pay too much on his credit card and needed me to Western Union him the extra he pays for the "shipper fees." well from my time as a scambaiter, this sounded all too familiar to me. so i told him sure that sounds good, give me the credit card number.

after receiving a credit card number (obviously stolen and since reported) i told him i was ready to send him his order and his western union payment. after a little more back and forth i got him to send me the id of his shipper. now, here's where i can't follow what exactly is going on and thought someone could help. he asked me to send the payment to an address in oklahoma. he also provided the id of a man at that address. i looked up the name of the man online and guess what? he's a 2nd degree sex offender in oklahoma. however, the picture he provided on the id was definitely not the same as the photo of the sex offender i found online.

what is going on here? is there someone in Oklahoma i can have reported? is the 2nd degree sex offender just some name they found on the internet? i am not that familiar with western union so could i put an Oklahoma address and they could still get it from anywhere in the country?

the person i have been communicating with is almost certainly not from this country and unfortunately he uses a gmail account so i cannot trace his ip.

any help on this? i'm continuing to bait him and am "sending him his western union payment" tomorrow.

thanks!
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
is the 2nd degree sex offender just some name they found on the internet? i am not that familiar with western union so could i put an Oklahoma address and they could still get it from anywhere in the country?

It's just someone pulled from the internet - the wire transfer can be picked up anywhere, not just the US.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And I have a Gmail account, you MIGHT be able to get his IP Address if you click on "show original". Someone was telling me if they sent the email from their outlook/outlook express acoount, them their Ip is sent. If it's sent via the web account (logging into gmail from their computer and not outlook) then Gmail maks the IP.

Can't hurt to try. I have an idea I'm gonna test out now

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And they're correct.

I'm in a public library here in Melbourne as I type. I sent my ditzy housewife character an email from herself (which is a yahoo account) and got headers pointing to Telstra in Canberra.

Then I used my psychotic niece character's gmail account (from the same computer and therefore the same IP Address) and just got Sunnyvale California.

When frannypoo was trying to scam me he was using yahoo and I was able to follow him around Gambia.

Myth confirmed Crying or Very sad

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe there's some sort of email homing device floating around here somewhere...
Perhaps www.bigstring.com is what I was thinking of...

Also, if you can get them to use M7CN secure or possibly another torture device of its like, I seem to remember IP's being recorded there.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
mofro
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i've been trying to get him to have his "shipping agent" contact me from another email address hoping for a yahoo account or something, but to no avail. oh well, i guess i'll just keep baiting him. by the way, SUPER easy to get this type of scammer off script.
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a gmailing lad who was so sophisticated that I just had to know which underfunded school system produced such a. creative mind.
I believe secure . ptv was where he finally slipped up and I found out he was a crafty little Malaysian.
Give one of the MT CN manglers a try; now you've got me wondering.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd send the information to a mod. They're super smart and have ways of sorting these sort of matters out.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic