SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Starting scambaiting in Brazil

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Abradibes
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings!

I found 419eater some time ago in a magazine about internet here in Brazil. At that time I came to see the stories and got really impressed. Since then I'm reading about nigerian scams, since there some of them here in São Paulo. A lot of people from Ghana, Cameroon, Congo, and even from Tanzania sometimes.

They always have their "meetings" at downtown's streets, restaurants, and, of course, cyber cafes. Before I've joined the sports journalism, I have worked for 2 years in some lan-houses of downtown. Much of these has a lot of African customers who spends hours sitting on front of PC. As I read here in forum, is not unusual that the local police aren't very interested in these cases. The only problem to them is when federal police search fol illegal imigrants. But, with the new brazilian's amnesty law to these imigrants in irregular situation, this might be not a problem to them now. With this law, every imigrant who arrived on Brazil until Feb 1st 2009 can require permission for stay two years. When this period expires, if the imigrant don't do anything that mess with the law and stuff, this permission can be definitive and he can stay forever.

When working on lan houses on simply using them, I've saw many of themdoing their "crappy" image editing to make that famous fbi documents, bank forms, passports and stuff. Many of them even prefer to pay a little more to print and scain again (?) before sending to their victims just to put more "realism" on the fraud. I can't help but find this very funny, because they are really clumsy. If anyone wishes, I will search to some "documents" made by them with my ex-coworkers who still work there. They are very far from good sense if they think that will trick somebody. But is impressive to see that theres indeed a considerable amount of money that they make fooling people this way.

I decided then to start in this scambaiting thing, since I know now a little of their operation by seeing it "live". Having a website or blog with the e-mails and conversations with the scammers translated into portuguese is also in my plans. But maybe, if i suceed in my first attempt, i publish the story here?

Sorry for my english (isn't my native language), maybe I've messed the grammar a little, but hey, I'm no perfect! Razz

Wish me luck!
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hola Abradibes,
It is customary on this forum when someone's post count is 1, to say:

Welcome,
Bait safe! ( make sure your mails, calls, IMs, .. can not be traced back to you)
Read the stickies in the help forum and the main forum,
Read Eater-U,
Have fun,
Give 'em hell!

From personal experience (I'm quite new myself) I can say: do a lot of reading, start with 2 or 3 baits and take it very slow on them.

Good luck!

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome here Very Happy Baiters come from everywhere, and your English is perfect!
Very insightful to understand that "your" lad cafes resembles very much the image I have in my head when I think of Lagos and Malaysian ones...
The Bait Safe! rule is number one, all the rest is in a way manipulating criminals and hitting them with their own weapons and hving fun while doing and trying it, and education as a welcome side-effect: When you post about it (in Portughese or any language), you indirectly help to educate the public about the existence of online money scams, and how they work. In your case, too, you said you have found Eater by having read about this site in a local magazine - same way I got into it. Since then I´ve learned a little about scams and how they work (and I know more geography than before) , and also a fantastic group of people that make this forum very special.

Only addition to Bolleboos´ welcome message, go to the mentor thread in Scambaiting Tipps. Apart from that, have fun trying your first few lads by playing a serious victim Smile

EDIT Oh, Bolloboos has listed that one, too!

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Frumpy,
This line made me all but piss myself. I had to hold my stomach or I would explode:

Frumpy on Eater-U wrote:
Hi! Have you ever had the problem that you were in contact with a lad, and strangely enough, your conversation had the unexpected, yet tedious tendency to center around money? [...]

Thank you!

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL Cool that´s the approved sheboppe & redshoes-proofread version Cool

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic