SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

HP PSC 1350

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Moose Head
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had this printer for a couple of years, and has never really been used. I left it at my old house for 6month, then went and got it, its been ok and I've used it for a couple of times but today it wont even turn on

They is no power lights, the unit is completly powerless.

Ive removed the USB
Ive tried another fuse.

Ive looked on the internet to try and find replacement power cables but cant find any UK ones that would work

I dont want to buy just the power cable but the big black block thing it connects too before connecting the printer, with the ability to return it prefable in case thats not going to fix the printer.

Can anyone help with this or know a good website for buying replacement cables.

As half the sites I've seen are fairly dodgy looking.

Thanks.

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moosey baby have you tried the old google of the manufacturer, and all that?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Exactly the same thing happened to my HP Laserjet 4L. Having been continously plugged in and on standby for the last 2 years, I decided to unplug it when I went on holiday for 2 weeks.

On my return, dead, nada, zilch. I reckon as it cooled down after all that time, a dry joint came unstuck.

Remedy - buy another identical one on eBay for £20. 3 days later, up and running pefectly.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Moose Head
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The plug you mean,

Yeah Im quite savvy with PC stuff but the way this just died, was weird.

Must be hardware failure but I hope its not the printer itself, ive googled and I come accross American style plugs. Not UK ones, and ones for other printers, the 2 sites which do have them have similar but not the same.#

Couldnt find any help from HP apart from they will give me a refurb for £139.....erm.. no thanks lol Laughing

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=hp+printer+c4180&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=3265793431&ref=pd_sl_6wlg2xe6hl_b

I have this one and it is very good

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Moose Head
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont want another printer Sad

I like this Printer/Scanner?Copier in one!

Plus my job isnt 100% Risky free. so I cant afford one as of now! Laughing

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The HP all in one you have has a power supply. The big black brick. Do me a favor and make sure that the cord going into the big black brick is firmly attached. Most people do not know it disconnects for different contries. Do you have access to a voltmeter? If you do, plug in the brick and remove the connector to the P/C/S. Check out the voltage and see how it compares with what is written on the black brick. If the voltage is correct or even close, make sure that you properly dispose of your printer. If the voltage is zero, buy a replacement power supply and next time plug it into a surge suppressing power strip. Make sure that you switch it off at the strip. The power supply has actually been running for years now and they do fail.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you've got a Staples store in your area, have a look in there. Our local shop has a habit of selling off ex demo & old stock at silly prices. Few months ago I picked up a HP PSC1610 all in one for the princely sum of £40! It was unboxed but came with power supply, driver CD & USB lead.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's possible to test the power-supply with a volt-meter, and that will tell you if you need a power-supply or a printer. But be a little careful; it seems the printer runs off 32V and 16V. That's high enough to get a tingle off, and certainly high enough to get juicy sparks off.

Here's one with a UK plug:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-Power-Supply-Adapter-For-HP-0957-2178-PSC-1350-1300_W0QQitemZ110428134727QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_PowerSupplies_EH?hash=item19b6079d47&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

But are you sure the 240V end isn't a standard cable? It is on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-PSC-1315-1350-1355-ac-power-supply-adapter-plug-cord_W0QQitemZ250493066010QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a528cdb1a&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

That's an IEC connector, the same thing as what desktop PCs and kettles use for power.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You might have to import it. How about this? http://www.unitedsale.com/product_info.php?products_id=18655

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
Moose Head
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its not hardly been plugged in altho ive had it for years...

I have checked cables properly dont worry, making sure the 3pin plug cable is properly in the PSU.

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First off check the mains cable. Plug it into something else to make sure it works. If you've checked the fuse then it almost certainly will, but it's the cheapest part, so it's worth checking.

Then, if you don't want to check the power supply with a meter yourself, find someone to do it for you. It's a quick check, so you should be able to charm any of the following:
  • a local electronics hobbyist
  • a local electronics development company
  • a local amateur radio club
  • a well respected electrician (one who understands the subject, not just the wiring regulations.)
  • The physics department of a school or university
Tell them that it should produce 32V and 16V.

If the power-supply is producing those voltages, then there is still the possibility that it has gone wrong (it might not produce enough when on-load), but there is no easy, quick test for that. It will be intertwined with possible problems in the printer, ie it might be demanding too much power. So if the power-supply is producing the right voltages then dump the lot. Otherwise get a new power-supply.

If you can get by without colour, then a monochrome laser printer is generally much cheaper to run, (like five times cheaper) and doesn't dry out with low usage. Colour laser-printers reduce the margin considerably and cost more initially, so they're probably not worth buying. Do research consumables costs first though because there is wide variability.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Moose Head
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mains cable is too short to really plug into anything else, but Im sure it should match maybe the same current as the PC. will give that a go. I wont mind buying a whole charger and then sending it back if its possible as a test.

and if its only £10 maybe for a charger, dont mind taking the risk, im sure thats cheaper than paying someone to even test my current power supply.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic