SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Caught up in his character?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Beanish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This one is fun, but seems a little bit strange. A lad sent me a form letter that I was supposed to pass on to the banker. My character, as reliable as an oak tree and nearly half as smart, did as he was told, and passed on the form letter, including the instructions from the lad.

Normally, this is just a way to establish that the character is none too smart, which sets the stage for further mistakes later on. The lads typically ignore this, just as they ignore mistakes on the form such as the character getting his first and last name reversed, making obvious typos, etc.

In this case, I'm now about two weeks into arguing with the lad over whether my "blunder" is going to cost him his "job" at the "bank". No further progress on the script. No requests for money. Lots of finger pointing. Some very pleasant exchanges of "I know you are but what am I?" on both sides. Mostly one or two-line mails.

It's fun, and I'm happy to take up his time, but... why is the lad bothering? If he thinks my character is an idiot, wouldn't he just drop me? I can also think of lots of ways he could use this to justify a bigger expense when that comes up, but he doesn't seem interested in anything beyond telling my character what a big mess I've made.

Any thoughts on what's up with this one and whether I can get this moving in a more time-consuming direction for the lad?

you are your guy took my money i will make sure you go to jail in nigeria
This is like a dream cone through to me.
El Nombre
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i guess the lad's reasoning is, if he's this stupid, he'll be sending the money soon, whereas a smart person may suddenly realise its a scam the longer it takes

The new collection
Round 3: Back for more!
Closed lad accountsClosed lad accounts

"you are really a very disappointment to ladyhood" - michael agyekum boateng (standard AFF lad)
"my fetish man is ever ready to strike you deadly if only i give him the final go ahead." - the same Michael as above
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If they believe you have money and will pay, they will follow you to the end of the world.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic