SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

new e-mail scam

View next topic
View previous topic

zapem
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have received a scam e-mail originating from a friends e-mail address. The friend knows nothing about it and it seems to target me specifically as I'm currently in the UK .
I have removed all details except the scammers for security reasons.
I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed .
Has anyone else experienced such a scam?
Here is the e-mail history to date
----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 02:51:27 -0700
Subject: RE: HOPE YOU GET THIS ON TIME
To: ME

Thanks For Your Concern. You can Please assist me with Funds Through
Western Union Money Transfer, you will need this Information and
address below, I promise as soon I return I'll Refund you the money.

Please Use the information below to send the funds
Name:Sean Dallars
ADDRESS:50 Regent Street,
CITY:London
ZIPCODE:W1B 5RD

The information above is the hotel Manager details who will receive the funds,Please kindly help me send the money today.Immediately you have the money sent to the the hotel manager,kindly send all neccssary information given to you at the Western Union outlet to the Hotel Manager email "[email protected]" so that he can pick up the money.Here are the informations you should send.

Sender full name and address:
10 Digits Money transfer control number:
Total amount sent:

Please Send this to asap. so he can receive the Funds and cancel my debt then I can check out. Dont bother about the refunds, I will make it up to you as soon as I get back.
You are the only hope I've got,please dont let me down.

Waiting to hear from you soon...

Best regards,

--- On Sun, 8/30/09,

Subject: RE: HOPE YOU GET THIS ON TIME
To: A FRIENDS E_MAIL
Date: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 5:04 PM

Hi
I didn't know you were in the UK.
Don't worry , just tell me how I can help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:26:23 -0700
Subject: Re: FW: HOPE YOU GET THIS ON TIME

Thanks for your mail it me and it not a scam i need your hrlp am in England and i need help

Please any way you can help me i wll be so happy.

--- On Fri, 8/28/09,

Subject: FW: HOPE YOU GET THIS ON TIME
To: FRIENDS
Date: Friday, August 28, 2009, 8:43 AM

I received this from XXXXXXXX e-mail account.
It looks like a scam to me , can anyone confirm if XXXXXXX is in trouble in England.
Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:07:03 -0700
Subject: HOPE YOU GET THIS ON TIME

Hope you get this on time ? Sorry I didn't inform you about my trip to the UK, I'm presently in ESSEX and am having some difficulties here.I misplaced my bag on my way to the hotel where other valuable things were kept.I feel very embarrassed and presently my passport and other belongings are been withheld by the hotelmanagement pending when i make payment. I will like you to assist me with a loan of 1,500GBPOUNDS to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home. I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with,I'll Refund the money to you as soon as i return,let me know if you can be of any assistance? Please reply me
A.S.A.P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's quite a common scam. Your friend seems to have fallen for a phishing scam, so the scammer now has access to his/her email account. Usually everyone in the address book gets the scam email asking for money, and the password is changed.
If possible, everyone in the addressbook needs warning.

Closed lad accounts x 4
3 dead websites

is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt. Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
zapem
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Tambourine Man wrote:
It's quite a common scam. Your friend seems to have fallen for a phishing scam, so the scammer now has access to his/her email account. Usually everyone in the address book gets the scam email asking for money, and the password is changed.
If possible, everyone in the addressbook needs warning.

The warnings have gone out , just wondered how to get at the scammer as I have a name , address and e-mail account .

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic