SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dubai 'Commercial Brokerage Firm' Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
klaus23
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We got this in at work. I'm 99% this is a scam, but our beloved marketing department would bend over backwards to fulfil an order like this even if there were alarm bells, sirens and people shouting 'nooooooooo' as they read the email.

So has anyone got some insight:

Quote:

Dear Sir,

Please we want to enquire about 100pcs of (*something we sell*) that you have for sale.We are a commercial brokerage firm who has a client that is interested in buying.Please revert back to us via this email address or via telephone so that we can check your available stock and also check your prices and if they are reasonable,we would proceed by ensuring a swift purchase accordingly.Thank you in anticipations that you will get back to us regarding our request as soon as possible. our shipping agent will take care of the delivery after our payment has been confirmed by you.

Best Regards,
DOHERTY JEFFERSON ,
JEFFERSON BROKERS
F224, AL HAMRIYA-LADIES PARK,
AL HAMRIYA,
DUBAI,
U.A.E
TEL. +971557707380

It seems too good to be true, a Dubai-based customer for a UK-only online retailer, webmail address for a 'reputable' company and an offer for payment in advance. The company nor the broker cannot be googled and it's a mobile phone number.

I presume that on taking up contact we would be down the 'I'll send you an enormous Western Union cheque' or using some dodgy escrow service.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AL HAMRIYA-LADIES PARK

A quick search of this shows it is truly a "ladies park" -- from Wed to Sat, only women and children under 8 are allowed in. How on earth would a broker business be operating there?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I presume that on taking up contact we would be down the 'I'll send you an enormous Western Union cheque' or using some dodgy escrow service.

An overpayment scam I think. A fake check and you'll be asked to pay the "courier" by WU. I very much doubt they're interested in whatever they'll order from you.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
klaus23
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice. I'll get cracking baiting them so.
pigeon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Definatly a scam, had almost exactly the same thing happen to us. Pretty sure its money laudering, getting money from USA into Dubai.
This was the email we had at our company, thought it was a fantastic sale!...

Name: Mr Quincy Fitzgerald-Jones
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone:

Comment: Dear Sir,
Please we want to enquire about 40quantity of MT10000/4 Control Unit that you have for sale.We are a Investment/Real Estate firm who has a client that is interested in buying. Please revert back to us via this email address or via telephone so that we can check your available stock and also check your prices and if they are reasonable,we would proceed by ensuring a swift purchase accordingly.Thank you in anticipations that you will get back to us regarding our request as soon as possible. Our shipping agent will take care of the delivery after our payment has been confirmed by you. If you can deliver outside UK, we glad to inform you that our freight forwarder could take care of the delivery on our behalf.

Best Regards,
QUINCY FITZGERALD JONES
Quincy Fitzgerald-Jones (QFJ) Investment Inc NO. 1004, RIGGA ALBUTAIN STREET, DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES TEL. +971557707380

Any more info on the matter, please let us know. This guy ended up trying to put over 3 times the amount into our account. The bank called us up asking about it (being quite the suspicious ammount!). We stopped it and investigated the nature of his business. Turned out it was a fake address, fake company name, fake company reg. number. We told him his money was going nowhere other than back to where it came from.

He tried to get the money into this account.. (possibly the real identity of him?)...

BANK NAME: ABU DHABI . I. BANK
BANK ADDRESS: DUBAI BRANCH
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 21254068
BENEFICIARY NAME: TAOHEED IYANDA
SWIFT CODE: ABDIAEAD

Account Holder's Address:
83 Al Maktoum Road,
00971 Abu Dhabi,
United Arab Emirates.

not a nice thing to put all his bank details up i know, but i just dont like being had for a mug!
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello pigeon and welcome to Eater.
Quote:
put over 3 times the amount into our account

That right there is a classic overpayment scam. In that, they "accidentally" put too much money into your account, ask you to send them the balance of the overpayment to them (usually via Western Union) and by the time the bank contacts you to say the money was never really there they disappear with your cash.

You can forward the banking info on to Alan (our contact) using the information in this thread.

I would also urge you to post your experiences with him at our sister site www.ScamWarners.com as often people google pieces of information from the emails and it could give someone else a heads up before possibly falling for this lad.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Rose77
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

First of all thank you that you posted info on the scam Quincy Fitzgerald-Jones.
We have received the same type of mail in Sptember and last week a Check and here it is:

Dear Sir,
Please we want to enquire about boston furniture that you have for sale.We are a Investment/Real Estate firm who has a client that is interested in buying. Please revert back to us via this email address or via telephone so that we can check your available stock and also check your prices and if they are reasonable,we would proceed by ensuring a swift purchase accordingly.Thank you in anticipations that you will get back to us regarding our request as soon as possible. Our shipping agent will take care of the delivery after our payment has been confirmed by you. If you can deliver outside UK, we glad to inform you that our freight forwarder could take care of the delivery on our behalf.

Best Regards,
QUINCY FITZGERALD JONES

After that he sent us a CHECK for 3 times the same amount into our account requesting immediate transfer of the amount overpaid. We thought is was a money laundering, but after that and with your help we understand that it was a fraud. Of course, we were not going to pay the money from our own, but our bank has to investigate the check for 4-6 weeks and if it was fake we still have to pay the costs for that check while Mr. QUINCY FITZGERALD JONES can retrive his check back.
He explained that he had problems with sending SWIFT. And nowadays this is not TRUE!

Another problem was that he presents the following company:

QUINCY FITZGERALD JONES Quincy Fitzgerald-Jones (QFJ) Investment Inc NO. 1004, RIGGA ALBUTAIN STREET, DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
TEL. +971557707380

Then money come from a second company:

EMERALD PAYMENT HOMES
Department of Finance and International Relations
162C Quud Road Abu Al Abyad
Abu Dhabi, UAE

Then he wrote that we have to transfer money to:

BANK NAME: Standard Chartered Bank
BANK ADDRESS: Deira Dubai Branch
United Arab Emirates
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 30949127901
BENEFICIARY NAME: Ikechukwu Joseph Eze
SWIFT CODE: SCBLAEDXXX

Mr. Ikechukwu Joseph Eze has a Facebook account and the name is Nigerian or African.
And besides, Mr. Quincy Fitzgerald-Jones has no idea how to order furniture!

So anyone, beware with checks and overpayments!
Chieftain
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

klaus23 wrote:
We got this in at work. I'm 99% this is a scam, but our beloved marketing department would bend over backwards to fulfil an order like this even if there were alarm bells, sirens and people shouting 'nooooooooo' as they read the email.

So has anyone got some insight:

Quote:

Dear Sir,

Please we want to enquire about 100pcs of (*something we sell*) that you have for sale.We are a commercial brokerage firm who has a client that is interested in buying.Please revert back to us via this email address or via telephone so that we can check your available stock and also check your prices and if they are reasonable,we would proceed by ensuring a swift purchase accordingly.Thank you in anticipations that you will get back to us regarding our request as soon as possible. our shipping agent will take care of the delivery after our payment has been confirmed by you.

Best Regards,
DOHERTY JEFFERSON ,
JEFFERSON BROKERS
F224, AL HAMRIYA-LADIES PARK,
AL HAMRIYA,
DUBAI,
U.A.E
TEL. +971557707380

It seems too good to be true, a Dubai-based customer for a UK-only online retailer, webmail address for a 'reputable' company and an offer for payment in advance. The company nor the broker cannot be googled and it's a mobile phone number.

Hi Klaus

I'm new on here tonight having just received an order out of the blue for a £23k motorhome from someone with an unlikely name based in Dubai. I Googled his name, Quincy Fitzgerald-Jones, and came up with your post and link to 419Eater so promptly joined.

Here is what he wrote ... mostly copied from our website ...

[color=darkbluewe will like to place an order for the underlisted:
2002 LUNAR ROADSTAR 570E 2800cc, 25,000 miles. 2.8JTD Turbo Diesel engine, Power Assisted Steering, 4 x seat belts, Alarm, Bike rack, 5 berth, Awning, dual gas or 230v central heating, Blown air heating, Dual gas or 230v hot water system, Electric step, Full 'English' kitchen, Cooker, Fridge, Grill, Mains electricity hook-up, Shower, SOG toilet. 5 Berth, This lovely Lunar 570 Roadstar has just arrived. Originally sold by us new and having covered only 25,000 miles, this 570 has the top of the range 2.8JTD Turbo Diesel engine and is fitted with many extras. A top quality motor home with hand made solid wood furniture ... Beautiful ! Dinette layout with settee opposite and rear kitchen, £21,995
Mr. Quincy Fitzgerald-Jones

Al-Furqar Trading LLC

Villa76, King Abd?Aziz Street ,

Al-Qassimiah, Sharjah,

United Arab Emirates

Company Reg. No: SHJ385

Tel: +971557707380[/color]

Your thread confirmed my suspicion that it was a scam about to be developed but the truth is I am simply too busy to follow it through so the purpose of this post is simply to spread the word about our very English sounding Quincy Fitzgerald-Jones (sounds like he should be a friend of Bertie Wooster's !) Have Fun ...
fugly
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pretty sure a business able to place an order of that size would have email through their own domain, as opposed to free email account. Lads think we wont notice that, and sometimes we dont!

Chief is quoted as saying: "He's like something out of the mafiosi. He's aggressive, brutal ...... there is no one to match Joe Blough for someone who articulates high principles while practicing the lowest skulduggery."

The Relation' home affairs spokesman, Chris Huhne, said: "Joe Blough is in this up to his neck and it is shocking that Blough continues to employ a quackish of presiding over skulduggery. It was always an astonishing lapse of judgment.

Apparently we contemplate in our end-week board to sue for slander!!!
Europe64
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, I´m europe64 and I´m new here
Europe64
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, I nearly had the same experience like some others in this forum.

I´ve got an aircraft and wanted to sell it on a market site at the beginning of this year.

Very quickly an interest came from DUBAI. I asked, if he is really interested and he answered yes and I should send an invoice:

The mail was like this:

Dear Sir,

we are very interested in buying this item from you,

1964 SAAB SAFIR (Quick Link: 002735)

kindly prepare an invoice of 1Pics of it with our company details below:

PRIME CONSTRUCTION. L.L.C
Plot 241, Sheikh Rashid Road,
Dubai
P.O. Box 21200, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
Tel:0097155732463

Regarding to the shipping we are going to organise a freight company that will be coming over for the pick up, and the payment will be by transfer, kindly get back to us with your bank details as follow so that we can arrange for the payment as soon as possible:

Bank Name:
Bank Address:
Tel:
Account Name:
Acccount Number:
Swift Code:

Thanking you for your maximum co-operation
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Taofiq

Reply-To: [email protected]

For me it was quite Ok, there was only one doubt, that he didn´t ask any question about the aircraft itself but so what, so I sent the information.

Around 2 weeks later the following mail came:

Thanks for your message... i have send a cheque payment into your bank account kindly contact your bank for the payment in your bank account .and looking forward to read from you ,

Thanks for your understanding ,

Sincerely,

Taofiq

So he sent a check which was delivered form the MARRIOT Bank in the US. The price was nearly the double, we wanted to have 49.000€ and the check was 129.000$. I was confused, so I wrote an email:

Hallo,

I've got now a message from my bank, that there has come a check which I have to sign to get the money.
This check is from the Marriott bank in USA and I'm a little bit confused about the amount. It's more than we have expected. What is the reason for this?
Tomorrow I will go to the bank and sign the check.

You'll hear from me as soon as we've got the money.

Immediately after I wrote this he called me, all together on that day 14 times, and told me that I should check my email account and there has happened a mistake. I calmed him down and said I will read the e-mail and sign the check so that everything will be ok.

I signed the check at the bank, they told me that I will get the money within a few days and then I checked the e-mail at home and I found this:

Dear Sir,
Please confirm from your bank as there has been a mistake in the amount that will be arriving in your account. Instead of the agreed EURO
49.000.00 € the sum of U$D 129,900.OO USD will be arriving in your account.

Please revert to me regarding this and confirm reciept of the funds as soon as you have the confirmations as i'm worried but beleive that all will be taken care of kindly remit the 46.940.00 EURO this account i mentioned below ;

BANK DETAIL;
BANK NAME:- DUBAI ISLAMIC BANK
DEIRA,DUBAI,U.A.E
ACCOUNT NAME:- TAOHEED IYANDA
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 001520287478401
SWIFT CODE:- DUIBAEAD

And please revert to me regarding this and confirm reciept of the funds as soon as you have the confirmations as i'm worried but beleive that all will be taken care of and i await your earnest and swift and attach the pay slip by mail to me response as soon as possible.

Lookingforward to hearing from you very soon

Bestregards
USMAN

Suddenly he has a bank account and also a swift code!! Why didn´t he send the money via this account?

I put the ACCOUNT NAME:- TAOHEED IYANDA into my google search machine and came to this site, because there was already one bank account with this name - so I knew that all is a fake, he just wants the money paid too much and never buy an aircraft.

I stopped the check and will just accept a direct payment from the account from DUBAI to my account.

At the moment I don´t know how I will proceed but most probably send 1 e-mail that I know everything and stopped the deal.

europe64
raysteve
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess there are a lot of scam buyers of autoparts at this season. We should really be extra careful before these people ruin our sales.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic