SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

help needed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi sorry am new to all this, I have just sold my first item on ebay and got a email from paypal stating payment had been made, on inspection the email was not from paypal (was very convincing though) it also said that 40 pounds extra had been paid and to ship it to a new address in Nigeria! I logged into paypal, of course no payment has been paid....
The ebay account i suspect has been hijacked as it had positive feedback and was from the UK. I just received another fake email this time from ebay stating the change of address and to send the item immediately!
Both fake emails originated from @officeemail.net. I am not sure that i can do much baiting as they have my own email address?? I am also gutted as needed the money from the ebay sale to purchase another item that has now ended Sad
Sorry for the rant but I am quite upset!! Any ideas on how to proceed would be most welcome.....
Casual Occurrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seeing as they have your real info, I would recommend not baiting. You have also been personally affected by these scammers as well so that also suggests you leave these particular scammers alone so as to not get emotionally involved any more than you already are.

I haven't used ebay in quite a while, but don't they have protection or reporting for sellers that includes this type of thing? If so, you should go through that process or just go to the next highest bidder...it doesn't sound like you actually sent the item so good job on catching it before you lost anything.

"When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction." - Cathartic Kate

IF YOU MEET THIS MAN ON GROUND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RAIN ABUSES ON HIM...I WOULD ADVICE YOU READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIS E-MAILS VERY WELL BEFORE YOU START INSULTING HIS PERSONALITY. - Rev. Niklas

Thank you for your Undiluted Assictance and we hope to have a Lasting business relationship with you. - Hou Weijun

YOU ARE A F***ING BASTERD!!! - [Account reported] Dr. John E. Telex/Foreign Remitance Department

<a href="/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159622">Getting into collecting accounts from ASEMs? For a breakdown of a simple example bait: Click Here</a>
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the reply Casual Occurrence, yes they do have my real info which was why i was unsure on what to do. I have been stalling them for the time being but will send a reply stating I know its a scam. I did report this to ebay and have re-listed the item, ebay have not got back to me yet......
Anyone want his email addy? seems a shame........ Very Happy
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you could post the message from them in surplus having edited out anything that points to you. folks might pick up on the bare bones message and give them a hard time.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First email
[email protected] <[email protected]>
to ~~~me~~~~

date25 August 2009 21:20
subjectPayPal Payment Confirmation**
mailed-bygmail.com
Images from this sender are always displayed. Don't display from now on.

Dear ~~~~me~~~~

PayPal Authority is using this opportunity to tell you that a transaction of £86.00 GBP has been made and will be credited into your PayPal account,The Payment has been made by our client *name cut as possible hijacked account* has been transferred successfully into your PayPal account.
This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail
paypal.cashaccount@ officeemail.net
Thank you for using PayPal®
The PayPal Team.

Second email

fromEvan Giwa <[email protected]>

date25 August 2009 21:20
subjectPayment has been made
mailed-byyahoo.com
Signed byyahoo.com
Images from this sender are always displayed. Don't display from now on.
hide details 21:20 (15 hours ago)

Hi Mate,

Payment has been made ,I have added 40pounds as for the shipping cost to the below address,AND kindly get the item ship to the below address,kindly ship out the item VIA ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL SIGN FORE,OK

Here is the delivery address below

NAME; Giwa Alabi

ADDRESS; B1-40 Housing Estate
Abeokuta

STATE;Ogun State

COUNTRY;Nigeria

POSTCODE; 234039

PHONE NO;+2340853383237

Third email

to~~~me~~~~

date26 August 2009 09:27
subjecteBay Change Of Postage Address Approved''
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 09:27 (3 hours ago)

Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from [email protected]
eBay sent this message to (eBay Member)
Your registered name is included to help confirm this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Changing Of Postage Address Approved!!!

Dear ~~~~me~~~~

We are sending this message to you to informed you that the buyer of your item *name cut as possible hijacked account* has required to change his/her shipping address which has been granted by eBay customer care so we are employed you to complete the transaction with the buyer with not less 24 hours.

The buyer of you item has make the payment via PayPal so we are employed to make the shipment and send the shipment tracking number to PayPal for crediting your account.
Here is the information on new address

Shipping Address

Name: Giwa Alabi
B1-40 Housing Estate
Abeokuta
Ogun State
Nigeria.
+2348053383237

You are to ship to the address confirmed has a new address by eBay if you have any question you can contact our customer care via this email. [email protected]

We wish you continued success with your transactions on eBay.
Regards.

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

Next email

to~~~me~~~

date26 August 2009 10:35
subjecteBay Advice to Ship Sony erricson W302 320415137473)
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 10:35 (1 hour ago)

Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from [email protected]
eBay sent this message to (eBay Member)
this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
T.K.O Notice User Account Approved.

Dear ~~~~me~~~~,

We are Using this medium to inform you that this buyer *name cut as possible hijacked account* is the Rightful owner of the account,and has made the payment of £86.00 GBP for your item Sony erricson W302
However the buyer has already contacted us in other to make report about your non response.We are ensuring to make eBay and PayPal a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on our users.you have to complete this transaction properly in order for us not to VOID and SUSPEND your eBay and PayPal account and it will also affect your PayPal account, We want you to ship and send the (Shipping Tracking Number) To eBay customer care at there Headline Which is [email protected]

Here is the buyer shipping address

NAME; Giwa Alabi

ADDRESS; B1-40 Housing Estate
Abeokuta

STATE;Ogun State

COUNTRY;Nigeria

POSTCODE; 234039

PHONE NO;+2340853383237

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay International.

Last email

Evan Giwa <[email protected]>
to~~~me~~~~

date26 August 2009 11:01
subjectUrgent Pls
mailed-byyahoo.com
Signed byyahoo.com

hide details 11:01 (1 hour ago)

IS JUST THAT I WANT THE ITEM SEND AS BIRTHDAY GIFT THAT WHY I WANT IT URGENT,,,AND THE BIRTHDAY WILL SOON TAKE PACE,,,KINDLY BEAR WITH ME,,OK

End

All paypal and ebay emails had all the genuine images and logos...... It must catch a few people out!!

Regards

Bob Very Happy
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need to send all the emails you've received to the genuine paypal customer services / complaints department and to eBay. The emails should be with their orignal headers, you may need help on doing that.

If your "buyer" persists tell him you will not ship the goods until the money is in your paypal account, which it isn't and never will be.
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks NNN will forward to paypal and ebay Smile
Jonas Parker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dup... sorry!

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

officeemail.net is managed by ultimateemail http://www.ultimateemail.com/officeemail.shtml by the looks of it.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, bob-bob. Very Happy I'm glad you caught his scam before you lost any money to the scumbag. I've added his name and number to the Dail-A-Lad thread, where he will get a very warm welcome to Eater, too. Evil or Very Mad
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1424396#1424396

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the advice and the warm welcome Smile
I made a new email account and mailed him saying I had 1200 playstation 3's and 30 iphones, not thinking he would actually fall for it. Too my surprise he has!! He is asking me to ship the items however as I am new to this I am not really sure on how to proceed. I have asked for a mentor so will stall until I get one methinks!
Still its really rather nice to be messing him about, after he ruined my auction Very Happy
Bert21
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice Job everyone.Helping others is great work..To the people who already scam next time check it before trying...This is a Friendly Advice

God Bless All!!!

Regards

Albert
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic