SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got this in mail today from a friend.

TRUE! It happened to me at Wal-Mart

bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40.

I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor. Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it. I said NO!

Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I was not paying interest on a cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole
order.

Therefore, the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole
order & re-scan everything!

The second time I looked at the electronic pad
before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point, I told the cashier & she deleted it...

The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective. Obviously, the
cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning.

Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift, how much money she pocketed?

Just to alert everyone. My co-worker went to Milford DE Wal-Mart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier.

The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co-worker did not look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she
asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK.

My co-worker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this. There is a
scam going on. The cashier will ask for cash back and hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.

Please, Please, please check your receipts right away when using debit cards. The store has the cashier under investigation now. We can only pray that she is caught very soon.

I am adding to this. My husband and I were in Wal-Mart North Salisbury and paying with credit card when my husband went to sign the credit card signer he just happen to notice
there was a $20 cash back added.

He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it.

We really didn't think anything of it until we read
this email. Please be aware!

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From Snopes:

Quote:
Origins: Versions of the same basic "cash back" e-mail have been circulating since late 2004, all featuring the scenario of a Wal-Mart customer who uses a credit card which is charged for a cash back amount (despite the shopper's not having asked for cash back), but no cash is handed to the customer, and the discrepancy is noted only when the shopper spots the added amount on the receipt. In concept, this items sounds similar to an earlier piece which spread
the false claim that gas stations were imposing surreptitious $10.00 surcharges on credit card customers. That is, a customer misunderstood or misinterpreted something that happened to her while shopping, but — despite not having any evidence of a deliberate attempt to defraud — was quick to write and circulate a message erroneously accusing retailers of wrongdoing.

If something like the account described above really did take place at some WalMart somewhere back in 2004 (or since), it could simply have been a mistake, the result of a cash register malfunction or inattentiveness on the part of the cashier and/or the customer, rather than a deliberate theft. There are also a few implausibilities here: most merchants provide cash back only when the purchaser uses a debit card (not a credit card, although Discover apparently is an exception to this), and cashiers don't generally have the ability to initiate a cash back request from their registers, as a Wal-Mart cashier confirmed for us:
We CANNOT request cask back. The "buttons" that you press to say no or request an amount are very close together. People accidently press the wrong ones all the time. We as cashiers have no control over this. Also, if you look up on the pole that has the register number on it, there is a black bubble. THAT is a camera that they use to watch us. They check those all the time. The only way we could steal the customer's money would be to print their check for more than the total. That could be easily checked by the customer when we hand it back to them.
We've also checked out (and spoken with cashiers at) a number of different retailers, including WalMart, and verified this to be true: At none of the locations we visited could cashiers initiate cash back transactions on their own. It's possible that on occasion a cashier might accidentally (or deliberately) neglect to pay out a cash back amount requested by a customer, but that transaction must be initiated by the customer. Lacking more convincing detail and evidence of cashiers' engaging in a widespread rip-off scheme, we'd have to surmise this item is likely more about customers misplacing blame for their own errors.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now I feel like a fool for puting this here. I should have checked it out first.

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Seamless

I found it interesting, since in the UK you can't get cash back on a credit card, only with a debit card.

It seems strange that Walmart still employ those clerks?!?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Seamless,
Don't feel bad. I've posted emails here sent to me by my friends, just assuming they had snoped them first. Embarassed Now I run em through the rumour mill first. Very Happy

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
scumbusterkc
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I *always* run them through snopes. Especially the ones that say, "I checked this on Snopes and its true" Pshaw.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic