SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question for UK members

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all, in september I am leaving for a holiday of 16 days in Scotland. Ill be travelling across the country with my bike and tent, me and my friend are looking at about 500-600 miles pushing those pedals up and down the highlands. I have 2 questions for our UK members (Scottish members in particularly):

1. We will be camping almost every night. How do the local people feel with camping in the wild? Will it be easy for us to find a spot, ar are most people reluctant to see campers in the wild? Obviously we clean up after we leave, the only proof of our visit will be the flattened grass. I've read online that they are open-minded, but I've also read online that the earth will come to an end in 2012, so I don't really know if I can trust the internet Laughing

2. I have also read in about every book I could find about small mosquito's draining every drop of blood in your body. (Midges?) Some sites advertise their products so they repel all kind of mosquitos because they have DEET in it, but on other sites I've read that nothing helps against these little vampires. Are there any tricks that do help? I don't plan on spending my money on buying stuff that doesn't work, so do any of you have hints to fight them?

If there are any other tips or things I should know about Scotland, all hints are welcome Smile. If you see 2 guys loaded with bags biking in the highlands, feel free to come and say hi! Very Happy

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Stander
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

About mosquito: it will help if you're a smoker. Don't know why, but mosquito don't really like tobacco
At least, it helped me fight against the bigest and wildest mosquito of NE Russia

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So long as you're not mistaken for a haggis then you'll be fine. Parlimentary law dictates they are shot on site.

http:// mar mighty industries. webs. com/ (leave your baiter/catcher address in the guestbook)

Martin Shen: "I am convinced that you will not betray me immediately.."

Mansa Musa Kamara: "...you resemble the son a one pussy sucker and I think my guess is right. Yes, your name is bastard...the problem now is that no one knows if the gods will accept your blood for a sacrifice. Bastard you are and bastard will you remain..."

S0L0M0N Bo@tang: "Thanks for your response. The content is painstakingly understood." - yeahh lad-pain!!
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Camping shouldn't be a problem in the Highlands as long as you don't camp in the middle of someone's property or on their garden.

The midges are more of a nuisance hanging around your head rather than biting (you get a cloud of the little bastards following you around) but there are plenty of natural midgie repellants that you can pick up. You can probably grab something at the airport when you land. Ask the dude behind the counter what works.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Allright, so the camping won't be a big problem. But suppose we are in a remote area, no houses around, it's not a big problem if we just go camp not far from the road then? In France the police can confiscate all your camping gear when you are doing it in the wild, but no such situations in Scotland?

I won't be arriving in an airport, I'll be arriving in Edinburgh by boat. Can you get those repellants in any shop, or will I be more lucky at a pharmacist?

Thanks for the help so far Smile

Going Gold?
Kill a fake site today!
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For midges read this :
http://www.lochnesscottages.co.uk/midges-ticks.htm

Be sure to visit this :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Brae

and be sure to avoid this :
Craig007

On camping in the wild :
http://www.mountaineering-scotland.org.uk/leaflets/wildcamp.html

If you go fishing :
http://www.nessie.co.uk/
Catch and release laws apply, if you don't get eaten first.

try to visit this:
http://davidgruar.fotopic.net/p30068183.html
No real reason, other than I just like the place.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
In France the police can confiscate all your camping gear when you are doing it in the wild
you should have checked for spectators without cameras. Laughing

Garlic in the blood is a sure way to keep mossies away they hates garlic.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In a remote area, should be no problem at all to camp as long as you do so in a completely low impact manner. Better to get a bit away from the road though.

Sounds like a good trip - hope the weather cooperates at least somewhat!

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, I'm not going to eat garlic for a full 16 days in a row, my terrible breath will scare away all those beautiful scottish girls then! Wink

ETA - and yes, I'm hoping for decent weather aswell. If we can go 10 days without rain, I will be VERY happy. But I've invested about 300 euros in rain gear, I can live with a bit of rain. I only pray for dry weather when we're setting up the tent in the evening and starting in the morning. Other than that, every dry minute is a plus!

Going Gold?
Kill a fake site today!
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caligula wrote:
If we can go 10 days without rain, I will be VERY happy.

You'll be VERY lucky to get one day without rain.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll put on a welcome party.

I think there is some kind of Access Scotland countrycode, which basically states you can pitch wherever the hell you like, with a few exceptions.

http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/default.asp

I would reccomend Avon skin so soft for midges, but you can't get that so Jungle formula will have to do. That's easily picked up at any decent stockist. The "natural" stuff tends to be overpriced junk they flog to tourists. A girl I know had 70 bites on her legs from one night out walking, in civilised Scotland! Shocked

No chance of having no rain, by the way. I'm sure you'll have fun regardless. Very Happy

As you're heading North, beware the people talk with a strong accent, and have an unnatural attraction to sheep.

IG, I can read you bastard.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM

Last edited by Craig007 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also recommed Avon skin so soft, some shops stock it up in the Highlands.
Midges dont so much drain the blood like mozzies but have a very irritating bite

Mind its a VERY hilly country.
I saw a few tents piched "in the wild" when I was up North a few weeks ago nobody seems to mind. My son often heads up onto the Pentlands for a weekend, not been returned home by the police yet.

Beware of inquisitive sheep though.

There are quite a few official campsites dotted around.

So you're arriving in Leith then?
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, I don't mind it being a hilly country. It's not really my first biking trip, in previous years I've travelled from Ghent to Paris and Köln, all by bike and tent. Those were just the smaller, warm-up trips. Next year we are planning to go to Venice or Santiago de Compostela. Yup, every time starting with the bike from our very doorstep.

Thanks for the Avon hint, I'll be sure to search for that in the shops.

And no, I won't be arriving in Leith, we'll be coming in with the ferry in Rosyth, not far from Leith. Then we are going to take the train up north to Inverness, and basically ride back. .This is about the route we'll be taking. It's not quite exact, but it gives you a good idea.

Going Gold?
Kill a fake site today!
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If that route IS correct, you'll pass within 0.5 miles of my house. Very Happy

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, some places it is correct, others it's a bit off. But if you happen to see 2 young guys soaking wet on their bikes, be nice to them. I'm sure they'll appreciate it Laughing

Going Gold?
Kill a fake site today!
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Have fun! Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes Corona, I know you like holiday pics, I'll be sure to post some, especially for you! Wink

Going Gold?
Kill a fake site today!
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jump_4_joy jump_4_joy jump_4_joy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

See this thread:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170888

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its the sheep you need to look out for.
They stand at the side of the road, look at the car approaching, chew a bit then amble out in front of you.
Or it seems obvious to them that the road is the ideal place for a nap
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some examples of SCOTLAND

Sango Sands, Durness in NW Sutherland

Ben Loyal from the Kyle of Tongue NW Sutherland

Near Applecross Wester Ross

Balnakiel beach looking toward Cape Wrath

Crowded country isn't it
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

El Sid wrote:
So long as you're not mistaken for a haggis then you'll be fine. Parlimentary law dictates they are shot on site.
Then sent back to Libya on humanitarian grounds? Laughing
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caligula wrote:

2. I have also read in about every book I could find about small mosquito's draining every drop of blood in your body. (Midges?) Some sites advertise their products so they repel all kind of mosquitos because they have DEET in it, but on other sites I've read that nothing helps against these little vampires. Are there any tricks that do help? I don't plan on spending my money on buying stuff that doesn't work, so do any of you have hints to fight them?

They are almost harmless, well I am not UK member, I am from Czech, but we know them here as well....
They like light in the evening/night. If you have opened window, lit light in your room in the evening, soon there will be "lot" of them...
But yes, you can buy various repels to get them off....

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Jen Derbender
flabbergasted

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never spent any time in the British countryside, so this post will perhaps not be of that much use...

But I've spent quite literally years in the Canadian back country, and if your 'midges' are anything like our 'no-see-ums', then get yourself something with DEET. All the 'natural' stuff on the planet won't faze those bastards. Once I got trapped in a spot, in shorts, where I couldn't move for an hour - the THOUSANDS of no-see-um bites were visible on my shins for two months afterwards.

If you don't need the DEET, then don't use it, because let's face it, it is poison. But if you need it and don't have it, then brother, it will be a day you'll regret forever.

FUCK? FUCK AND FUCK YOU. YOUR NOTHING BUT SHIT OKEY, ARE YOU ARE OFF BACK TO SENDER... YOUR ARE A BIG RAT OKEY FUCK YOUR SELF UP AND WHOM EVER THAT SUPPORT YOU, FOOL FUCK YOUR MOTHER WITH NO SPAM, RAT. - Kaosiso Chukwu

"Folken sheet like you.Beach,your mother and your house maid are folken themselves... Folk your folks... you comes when you are been fingered which makes you an idiot of sex luncering.You will never understand that english because it is not made for people like you." - Insane Idiot

Does your lad have too much time and phone credits on his hands? Have him call the Integrated Customer Service Call Centre at +1 206 905 9742! Dissatisfaction guaranteed!

United Kingdom x2 China Nigeria United States Ivory Coast x2 Closed lad accounts x?
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@nanny: We are quite mobile on our bycicles, sleeping sheep on the road won't be a big problem. I'll be happy if they don't eat our tent while we're asleep Laughing

And those pictures look beautiful. I can't wait to see them with my own eyes. The open places,the stunning nature, the lack of people are exactly the reasons why we are going to scotland.

@Jen: I'll be having some DEET with me, in case we don't find the Avon skin so soft on the first day. I'm a bit reluctant for the DEET aswell, since the horrible smell and taste aren't that much fun. Perhaps I'll do the test: one arm with DEET, the other with Avon, and we'll see what helps best.

Oh, and I'm all into mixing up with different cultures; so I'll be sure to try the whisky, fish and chips etc, but I don't think I'll be trying haggis. Very Happy

Going Gold?
Kill a fake site today!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic