SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

So they actually sent something

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Captain Oblivious
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got back to baiting a little while ago, so I'm not sure if this is something that's been discussed lately, but I've been baiting a scammer who wanted to send me a debit card from me being the 'next of kin' to a dead person. And after firing the 'lawyer' and getting the 'necessary documents' that would have cost money for no charge, they actually sent something. Now I have DHL calling my Google Voice number and telling me that they have a package and that the address I gave the scammer is no good. So I have a 2 part question:
1) What happens to the package if DHL doesn't deliver it?
2) Should I do anything about it (other than continue to mess with the scammer, of course)?
Also, if anyone's interested, I am over 1000 miles away from the fake address I gave the lad, so personally picking it up is not an option.

Dear Captain Crunch, I verified the payment once again and the payment cannot be found.I took the payment slip to the western union office and i was held for 2hours because they thought i am impersonating. -James Hepp
You have been informed that you only have from now till Money, you are to send the money Via Western Union Money Transfer, that is your dead line of payment. Please take note. -James Lawrence
AND I DO NT WANT TO SEE THIS YOUR STUPID MAIL ANY MORE OR ELSE I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE F.B.I IN YOUR COUNTRY. USLESS THING -Thomas Akabike Robert, after one of his 13 trips to Moneygram
why most you ask again what do you go to western union to do, hope you are there to make a payment. -Shola Tan
DO NOT WRITE TO THIS OFFICE ANY LONGER.
We await your prompt response. -John Duke
Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would theorize that if DHL is unable to deliver it they should inform the scammer about it, and return the package to him.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You sure it's actually DHL who's calling, and not just another lad or a mule?
I doubt a scammer would send you anything that isn't illegal for you to receive anyway.

If you can confirm it really is DHL, I wonder if they could track it back to the scammer if the contents of the package are illegal... (Probably not, but I like to think positive Wink )

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Captain Oblivious
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^^
I checked the number they gave me and it's the actual DHL customer service number. Though the tracking idea is interesting.

Dear Captain Crunch, I verified the payment once again and the payment cannot be found.I took the payment slip to the western union office and i was held for 2hours because they thought i am impersonating. -James Hepp
You have been informed that you only have from now till Money, you are to send the money Via Western Union Money Transfer, that is your dead line of payment. Please take note. -James Lawrence
AND I DO NT WANT TO SEE THIS YOUR STUPID MAIL ANY MORE OR ELSE I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE F.B.I IN YOUR COUNTRY. USLESS THING -Thomas Akabike Robert, after one of his 13 trips to Moneygram
why most you ask again what do you go to western union to do, hope you are there to make a payment. -Shola Tan
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes but was that the number they called FROM? It's easy enough to say you're the President of the USA but did he actually call you from the Oval Office?
Captain Oblivious
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

According to Google, the second one came from a number associated with DHL. The first one didn't bring up DHL, but was from the same city.

Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

whats the one defident thing we know about lads?

They lie, and they will do whatever it takes to convince you they lied.

Do you have a tracking number? can you check it out on the real DHL website? not one he gives you the link to. Call the real DHL (number from phone book) and ask them yourself, dont accept someone calling you. Got to think that the lad is out to make money, so if he was going to send you something, what would his motive be? he hasnt prepped you for fake cheques has he?

Rincewind
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

could direct it to a local baiter drop box ?

I am not in Nigeria and what your son is saying is not wrong. Sometimes the internet providers have a problem with the positioning of the satelite and it reads Africa, or America and sometime it reads japan all depending on the satelite positioning to get better service. - Cardinal Angelo Sodano 41.222.192.102 (Benin-Africa)
Captain Oblivious
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Huntington-The DHL guy gave me a valid tracking number, and it's status is "Address information needed; contact DHL Customer Service. " as of Tuesday. I used DHL's own site to get this. It's 1.1 pounds, so I'm not sure just what it is. I just told the lad that they got the wrong state (apparently, this guy thinks that 3 states that start with the letter M are interchangeable Rolling Eyes ) I figure I'll wait until they fix that before asking the lad for a number. DHL called me from (518) 785-4021 and (518) 782-1973, which is the number given by a local TV station as the real number http://yp.cbs6albany.com/dhl.9.80598902p.home.html. Also, I'm trying to get the most mileage I can out of making them do all the work, so they're going to be doing all the calling. Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic