SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Desmond Solomon aka Desmond Knotts

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mojo4653
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This "person" was working last year under the name Desmond Knotts [email protected] (see postings under that name) He now calls himself Desmond Solomon [email protected]. This one is really dangerous as he is very smart, and has even mastered the english language very well. He doesnt use professional photos. He answers any questions very quickly and certainly does his homework. He is based currently in Abuja, Nigeria as that is where he picked up the Western Union money. He works slowly and carefully. He worked on me for 6 months total. He got $17K out of me - yikes.. Pictures are posted on romancescam.com Here is his "special story" for me -

48 yrs old. Born in GA, Father – British. Mother from Thailand. When his father died, he was 4yrs old and moved to Thai with his mum. She worked at the British Embassy so he went to British speaking schools. He became a Veterinarian. Huge gap in the story but his pregnant wife died 2-3 years ago in a car accident and he moved to Seattle to start a new life. He moved in with a friend (engineer) from UK. He worked at the Seattle Veterinarian Clinic as a Consultant while here. He dated someone here but she wasn’t serious so they drifted apart. He had been studying Avian (Bird) Flu for years and signed up for a contract in Abuja Nigeria to find a cure.

When we met, he was staying with his uncle in Edinburgh waiting to get the call to go over. He had broken his leg in a skiing accident. The contract would last around 3 weeks then he would be coming back to Seattle. He has an apartment here in Metro Seattle with his friend.

He flew over the last week of February after disappearing for 2 weeks – as he was on a trip to Coventry with his Uncle to go see his cousin. He had been in Edinburgh since before Christmas apparently. He is a huge fan of Arsenal Soccer Team - as you see in 2 of the pictures "he" is at the stadium in UK. One of the pictures actually has a date of creation - 2005. He was working on the “combination” needed to mix with the local vaccination, he finally ordered what he was sure would work after weeks of testing from UK. He paid $146K for the vaccination to be shipped over in drums from UK. He paid $30k for Customs but that was all his funds. Customs required $20K more when he went to get it released. His UK friend sent $10K, his ex wife’s brother sent him $3K. When I said “no” to sending money and that I had been scammed in the past he sent me a very long, incredible email about “Faith” and how much he loved me and in no way was this a scam. I sent $7K for the balance on 4/18/09. He then needed $6K for the transport from the port to Abuja. He could pay half and then the balance when they got to the site from the company he worked for, so I sent him $3K on 4/21.

He emailed me very excited to tell me the vaccine had worked. He had mixed up enough for 2 poultry houses, each house had 10K chicks and there were a total of 50 houses to treat. It took him a whole week to do one house on his own but the “company” were hiring 32 local vets to help him. He mixed up more and found the rest had gone bad due to being in customs too long. He negotiated with the company to pay for a new shipment and the transport, as he had proved it worked but he had to come up with the Customs payment.

He was very insistent that he could “buy off” the head of customs as they had become friends and had dinner together. This customs guy would waive the payment if he gave him a Honda. He asked me to arrange to have a Honda sent over, I told him this was ridiculous and in no way could I afford to buy a new car and ship it over to Nigeria. He got really upset and I didn’t hear from him for a while. He then contacted me and said he had been to a local dealer who would sell him a Honda, deliver it to the Customs man and all he had to do was pay half which was $6.5K. He had no way to come up with that money so on 5/9/09 I sent him the $6.5K. Contact with him got less and less. A month went by before he contacted me again. He insisted that he worked day and night and was too busy to get online. We chatted at the end of June. He sent a short email on July 13th saying he was still busy. On July 20th he came online and chatted with me. No more contact until August 3rd when he emailed me to say all internet and telecommunications was down due to Islamic Violence from the north. The next contact from him was August 8th by messenger, he said he had got his cheque of $850K and once it was cleared out of the country he will be flying back to the states.... Thank goodness I found this site before he mailed me a fake check and I sent him the "overage"...

Last edited by mojo4653 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Breech Birth
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ouch! Sad Sorry for your pain there, mojo4653. You might want to change the email addresses to [email protected] & [email protected] respectively just as a way to cover Google tracks. I'd leave it to older hands here than myself but there might be some way to turn this around in some manner
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ No need to change the email addresses for this one. It is better if they can be found by others with Google.

@ mojo4653 Sorry to hear that you got scammed, but the good news (relatively speaking) is that you found out about it before getting in too deep. Many others have not been so fortunate.

If you could also post some of the scammer's details and information at our sister site www.scamwarners.com it may be helpful to others who are or have been in contact with the same or similar lads.

Welcome here and thank you for posting this. Smile

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
blacksheep
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, Mojo. I'm sorry you had to deal with that scum. Thanks for posting the information. Smile
mojo4653
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I completely agree that posting them exactly how they use them may help just one less person from parting with their money to this scum. I googled this clown so many times and nothing came up at all. I didnt know about these sites and didnt know how clever and cunning they were with their tragic stories, but we are all taught to google someone.... I wish everyone who gets hit on would post the scammer email address - in theory it would keep them hopping at least.... Wink
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

;_;

I'd bait him if I thought I had a chance of doing any real harm.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
mojo4653
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are so not going to believe this... I just received my "matches" notification from Yahoo Personals and he has posted 3 new profiles using "Desmond" and the same pictures. WOW!! Confused
mojo4653
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Newsflash - "Desmond" just changed one of "his" (3) Yahoo Personals profiles, by changing the age from 48 to 38 and that he is looking for a male.. Now thats just gross... Are they getting desperate or what?? I only know because I saved the profile so I saw it change Shocked
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammers have no boundaries, they often specifically target groups who they believe may be more vulnerable as well.

I have seen them target disabled sites, deaf sites, gay and lesbian sites, christian sites are a specialty as well.

Nobody is beyond their reach and they have absolutely no limit on who they will scam

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic