SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Captain Franky's Moneygram Oddysey (safari update!)

View next topic
View previous topic

woosfriend
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I pulled this one from the surplus area. My usual format: scammer in red, baiter in blue, web silliness (M7CN.S3CUR3, etc.) in green, and my comments in black. Enjoy!

Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 6:22 PM
Subject: My Greetings to you and your family

My Greetings to you and your family,

Please, excuse me for making this request, as I know I’m a total stranger to you; hence we’ve not known or met each other before now. But, I believe we can still get to establish a fruitful relationship from here.

This request doest not have any thing to do with scam or fraud in any way, it is just a legitimate opportunity, which any person in my position will not afford to miss.

I’m a custom officer, working with the Benin customs and excise. For a very long time now, I’ve been planning to invest overseas and send my family out to base there, while I will be here with my duty work.

Recently, a great opportunity just called up in my office for the importers who imported goods into the country to be refunded 20% of the excess duty taxes they paid from 1998 to 2003.

While this process was going on, I put up an application that a friend of mine was among the beneficiaries, but have not yet receive the awarded fund as approved by the (BOT), which amounts $8,000,000.00(eight million united states dollars only).

The controller general just called me today and asked that I should advice my friend to forward an application for the fund to be released without any delays.

Please, I know this may be sounding some howl confusing to you, but this is the truth and nothing but the truth and also an opportunity any person in my position and present condition will not afford to miss.

What I need from you now is for you to stand as my friend and put up an application, which I will guide you through. As soon as you apply, the fund will be approved and be released to your access, while I will have to travel with my family to meet you for my own share of the fund and possible investments under your care.

You don’t have to worry about any thing, because I have a good reputation here and I will use my position in the office here to make sure that all process is perfected and processed without any problem.

Upon the conclusion of this transaction and my arrivals to meet with you, you will have to earn the 35% of the total sum, while 65% will be for me.

I just need you to indicate your kind and reliable interest to be a good friend, who I can rely upon and will not cheat on me, then leave the processing side of this transaction for me to perfect.

I wait for your urgent and positive response; please extend my warmest greetings to your family, as I hope to meet them some day.

Yours sincerely
Capt Frank W1ll1ams
C0ntainer Verification Dpt
Benin Cust0ms & Excise
Rue de S3m3 1O54 Akpakpa Cotonou
Republic Of Benin

Ok Cap, I'll bite!

date Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 1:11 AM
subject RE: My Greetings to you and your family

Dear Captain Franky,

As you can see, we have the same last name. That means you are like family to me. How can I help you out?

--Dr. S1mon W1ll1ams

date Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 3:48 AM
subject RE: My Greetings to you and your family

Dear Dr. S1mon,

I appreciate your kind cooperation and we will achieve success within the next few days, because the fund is 100% sure to be released as soon as the approval is issued.

You have to fill the attached form and return it back to me, so that i will present it to the attorney, who will represent you in getting all the necessary approvals and other necessary legal documents, to back up the fund for the legitimate transfer to your bank account.

I will have to come to meet you for my own share as soon as the transfer is done, please let me know the type of investment to go into, as i would also like to invest part under your care and advice.

Looking forward to receive the application form for it to be submitted for the approvals, as that is the only official form that can enable the fund to be approved and cleared by the customs financial department and other banking transfers will follow accordingly.

Best Regards

Capt. Frank W1ll1ams
Containers and Goods Inspection Dpt
Benin Cust0ms & Excise.

And he attaches a .doc form, the details of which I won't bore you with.

date Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:11 AM
subject Re: My Greetings to you and your family

Captain Franky,

Attached is the form you sent me all filled out. Keep me informed of what's going on.

--Dr. S1mon W1ll1ams

And I attach a junk .dll file, renamed the same thing as his original .doc.

Then, nothing all day so I get a little antsy:

date Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM
subject Re: My Greetings to you and your family

Captain Frankly,

Where the fuck are you?!? I haven't heard from you and I'm anxious. Get back to me ASAP.

--Dr. S1mon

Oh pity, he can't read my form. Wink

date Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM
subject Sorry send the form again

I was trying to view the form, but it could not open.
The repeating of the previous massage was from my massaging system, which stored and sents it repeatedly.

Please, do send the form again through word 2000 or 2003, or pdf, because i don't know why the form has refused to open and i'm suppose to submit it to the attorney this morning for the necessary approvals.

Will update you accordingly.

Sincerely
Frank

date Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:27 PM
subject Re: Sorry send the form again

Dear Captain Willy,

That's strange, everything looks good on this end. I'm using Microsoft Word, but it's the Macintosh version because I'm on a Mac. Maybe that's the problem. Anyhow, I resent the form again. Hopefully that'll work.

So, what's next for our transaction?

--Dr. S1mon

And I reattach the same broken file.

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:14 AM
subject i have consulted the attorney for the process

Dear S1mon,
I have already contacted the attorney this morning who will represent you in obtaining the necessary legal back up documents, to retrieve and clear the fund legitimate, but he require his consultation fee before he can come into this matter.

He said his consultation fee is $7000 dollars, but i have $6,500 dollars to pay him, but he needs the amount in full, because the entire process requires money and he has to get the fund before proceeding.

I want to request that you raise the rest of the $500, to enable us pay him for the fast processing and transfer of the fund.
However,We will get back what we spent after the transfer before sharing the fund accordingly as agreed.
Thank you for your understanding cooperation
Sincerely
Frank

It seems I don't quite understand his email and decide to send him $7000 instead of $500. This should grab his attention.

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM
subject Re: i have consulted the attorney for the process

Captain Frankster,

When do you want me to send the $7000 dollars? Also, who do I send it to? You or the lawyer? I need names and addresses so I can mail the check.

--Dr. S1mon W1ll1ams

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:48 PM
subject Send through money gram

Dear S1mon,
As a matter of urgency required, you have to send the consultation fee through money gram to the lawyer, because he said he won't start anything here without the consultation fee.

Please do contact him through his number below to request the name and info you will use in sending him the fee. +229-9876-99O4, or you can send it through money gram to my name or his name, Barr. Di3t3r Brul3z, country 01 BP Cotonou, republic of Benin.

Sincerely
Frank

Through your name OR the barrister's? That's a first. I wonder if Captain Franky here is scamming with his real name?

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:52 PM
subject Re: Send through money gram
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details Aug 10 (2 days ago)
Captain Franko,

Not a problem. Just one question: why is your lawyer in Benin?

--Dr. Simon WIlliams

It appears I got a little confused myself here. That's the problem with juggling multiple baits.

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Why are you asking me such question? have you forgoten the fund is here in benin?

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:19 PM
subject Re:

Captain Franko,

I'm sorry, I meant no offense. I did indeed forget that the funds were in Benin. I'll send you the money ASAP. Thank you.

--Dr. S1mon

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 6:40 PM
subject Re: Send through money gram

Captain Franko,

I sent the money through Money Gram. Attached you will find the receipt. Please instruct me with what to do next.

--Dr. S1mon W1ll1ams

And I attach this Moneygram receipt. To bad the printer got jammed right when it was printing out the MTCN. Wink Also, check out the receiver's name on the slip. Think that will cause some problems trying to pick up the cash?

And he sends me this. He's not very happy. Check out the subject line...

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:46 PM
subject ??????

Dear S1mon,
What type of joke are you trying to play with me? How could you go send money to money gram and you did not fill out the transfer form with pen and there was no reference number on the form? How then do you think this is real? You just take a receipt to money gram and ask them to pay you money without ref numbers? LOL... You're making me nervous now; i must tell you the truth.

Frank

Oh no he didn't! Slap time! Twisted Evil

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:56 PM
subject Re: ??????

Captain Franky,

I DO NOT care for your tone!

I have no idea what you are talking about with filling out a form in pen. I simply went to the counter at Money Gram and told the clerk who I wanted to send money to and where to send it. He typed it into his computer and it printed out a receipt. I went home and scanned the receipt for your records.

I AM MAKING YOU NERVOUS?!? Are you kidding me!?

Frank, you are being most impolite. I demand an apology.

This is the first time I have ever sent money through Money Gram. I simply told the clerk the details of who and where to send the money to, and paid the money plus a fee.

--Dr. S1mon W1ll1ams

And he quickly cools down:

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:20 PM
subject sorry

Dear S1mon,
sorry for the approach, but you should know that before you get the money from the money gram, there will surely be a ref code numbers, which will enable the money gram pay the money here otherwise, the money you sent will not be received.

Go back to the money gram; tell them to release the ref number, to enable the receiver get the money here. I wonder why any Clark at their real senses will print out the form, collected your money without issuing a ref number for which guarantees that the money has been sent and will be received.

Get the ref numbers filled into the form and forward it back to me again.

Sincerely

Frank

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:54 PM
subject Re: sorry

Captain Franky,

Apology accepted. Please don't let your anger get the better of you again. You must understand that I am new at this. I have never sent money internationally before.

I went down to the Money Gram office and showed the clerk my receipt. He apologized for the error. He said his printer has been getting paper jams all day. He refunded my money and we made a new transaction. Attached you will find a scan of the new receipt.

Tell me how we proceed next.

--Dr. S1mon

And I attach the new receipt with a readable MTCN. Too bad I changed the country on him from Benin to Nigeria. Whoopsie!

He notices the problem:

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:00 PM
subject another error again

Dear S1mon,
What is really going on here? You changed the country and city to Lagos Nigeria? What business do we have in Lagos Nigeria? Please check the receipt and find the error of the country and city again.

Frank

Too bad I've been called away. I tell him that he needs to sort it out:

date Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:18 AM
subject Re: another error again

Captain Franky,

I'm sorry, I just got your mail. I didn't double check the destination part of the receipt. I was so worried about the reference number that I overlooked it. I honestly don't know where the clerk got that Lagos information, he must have made a mistake. Anyhow, I apologize.

I was called away to speak at a conference (last minute emergency, the original speaker became ill and I was asked to step in for him). I won't be able to get back to the Money Gram office for several days. Is it possible to just pick up the money in Lagos? I looked on a map and it's not that far.

Let me know ASAP. I will be at the conference, but I should have internet access.

--Dr. S1mon W1ll1ams

And we'll see where this picks up. Maybe I'll be able to get that illusive safari pith helmet. How far is Cotonou from Lagos anyway? Hell, it can't be that far to go for $7k!

So please send the money via Money Gram, as there is too much stress involved with the Western union. - Vand3n MacAlist3r, P3PSI C0LA<br>I tried so many times to get the mtcn but its taking time and almost made me go psycho. Pls i don't intend trying to do such thing again, never. - Barr. Jam3s B3nn3th<br>I have informed Mr Richard to hire another Lawyer, who would be patient to work in your mystic word. - Barr. Jam3s B3nn3th<br>I dont want to work with you the way you have requested to work with me, i am begin to get skeptic about you, the lawyer adviced you are a scam and a secret agent, that is on a mission. - R1chard Spr4gg<br>Netherlands X1 Spain X1 United States X1 Australia X1 Closed lad accounts

Last edited by woosfriend on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
woosfriend
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I prod him a little, and this seems to have did the trick!

ate Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:51 PM
subject Re: another error again

Captain Franky,

I just arrived in B0ulder, Colorado for my speaking engagement and checked into my hotel room. As you can see, I have internet access here.

Have you ever been to B0ulder, Colorado? It is absolutely beautiful here! I have to give a few speeches on chemical engineering in this new economy, so technically this is work. But I do plan on drinking tonight and spending a night out on the town!

So, how are you progressing with collecting the money I sent you? Please keep me informed so I know what's going on.

Your friend,

Dr. S1mon

OMG, I actually think he's going to Nigeria! I'm way overdue for my first successful safari!

date Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM
subject still in the process

Dear S1mon,
It’s quite a very big stress you're giving me for me to start going to Lagos Nigeria. Well, considering the fact that we need to get this project done, there is nothing i can do, but to try go to that country and get the funds. I have to go with the lawyer, because i have not been there before, but the lawyer has. I will keep you informed as soon as the fund is received.

Sincerely

Frank

Holy crap, it sounds like he's really going to do it! Any ideas for the inevitable discovery that the MTCN is bad to keep him on the safari?

So please send the money via Money Gram, as there is too much stress involved with the Western union. - Vand3n MacAlist3r, P3PSI C0LA<br>I tried so many times to get the mtcn but its taking time and almost made me go psycho. Pls i don't intend trying to do such thing again, never. - Barr. Jam3s B3nn3th<br>I have informed Mr Richard to hire another Lawyer, who would be patient to work in your mystic word. - Barr. Jam3s B3nn3th<br>I dont want to work with you the way you have requested to work with me, i am begin to get skeptic about you, the lawyer adviced you are a scam and a secret agent, that is on a mission. - R1chard Spr4gg<br>Netherlands X1 Spain X1 United States X1 Australia X1 Closed lad accounts
LadyFannie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could you tell him that you didn't get his email in time stating that he was going to Lagos to pick up the money before you went back to WU to have them cancel it? Because you are serious about this transaction, you sent a new one to his home of Cotonou which is waiting there now.

It goes without saying that because of all the cancelled WU, they have employed the s3curity shi3ld as a precautionary measure.

Then again, I'm a total newbie. Caveat emptor.
woosfriend
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I thought about that but the only problem is I don't exactly know when he'll be traveling and I wouldn't want to cancel early before he leaves. He didn't specify a particular day, just that he'll be going.

The trick is to get him to email me when he gets to Lagos. And then delay him going back home, or even getting him to travel further. I think I need to read up on some past successful safaris to see the angles others have used.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic