SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question to experienced baiters

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Black Dog
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there all...

I have been in contact with a few of you that warned me about the fact that my MSN button on here was my real private email address and to change it for security reasons

My question is, have any of you ever had a close call with a lad and he/she has found out who you really are?

If so, what happened?

any funny stories?

cheers

BROCKDOG

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

SafariVcameraTattooTattoo Lagos > Accra - Smith "i have to sell my shoe"
SafariTattoo Lagos > Accra - Stanley "I SLEPT IN THE CAR AND WAS BITES BY SO MUCH MOSQUETO AND I AM NOW FILLING SICK"
SafariSafari Accra > Lagos - Dr Omo "have not eaten and bath even my tooth is dirty"

Random lad pain:
Safari X14 more & TattooGoatSand Timer

Team Mr Bigg's

Last edited by Black Dog on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Follow normal safe baiting practices and you should be just fine. If you use an IP revealing email account, someone would only be able to find out where your ISP is located, and they would need an administrative subpoena to get information from your ISP as to who you are.

Try Gmail or Hushmail, then you will loose no sleep.

Here is my current IP, 63.228.43.168. What would you do with it to hunt me down and kill me? You will find out that my ISP is in Minneapolis, MN, that's about it. And my IP will change the next time I reboot my modem because of DHCP. Relax, it's all good, bait away and have fun.

Edit: I would be negligent if I didn't mention the fact that if you have a static IP address there can be some information that can be linked to you. 99.9% of people don't have one, and if you don't know what a "static IP" is, then chances are you don't have one. If you are concerned, send me a PM. I will send you my Email addy and you can send me an Email there, I will scour the header and report the results to you.

Last edited by Pastor Frank on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
MikeandLouise
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

I couldn't have said it better myself..... no really, I couldn't.

Closed lad accounts x7
Fake cheques collected = €3000, $2000, £4000

'Cheating is not in our blood as we Muslim’s besides it’s against Islamic law, it’s only Africa people that cheat'. - Mr. Saleem Al Farra

'What kind of game is this? I went to the bank this afternoon to cash out the Money, the cashier then told me that it was a fake payment. you make me look stupid right in front of responsible Men and Women'. - 0ke Edew0r
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^But you didn't even try! Laughing

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

what i meant was that if you run an email addy through facebook search it comes up with a profile and when i had my MSN button on here with my private email address it could easily be run through facebook search

SafariTattoo Lagos > Accra - Stanley "I SLEPT IN THE CAR AND WAS BITES BY SO MUCH MOSQUETO AND I AM NOW FILLING SICK"
SafariSafari Accra > Lagos - Dr Omo "have not eaten and bath even my tooth is dirty"

Random lad pain:

Team Mr Bigg's
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh shit, In that case, you are dead.

Don't worry, just cut all links between here and Facebook, or whatever social networking site you visit. I never have had that problem as I never have had any friends.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like to think "what I dont know COULD hurt me"
I use yahoo and gmx to bait but POP them with gmail.
I have had text messages to my mobile asking me"do you wish to allow your phone to be tracked"
This is a lads crude attempt to find me using online phone tracking software.

If you piss a lad off enough he MIGHT scour all your emails to try and find you....and thats the idea Wink pissing them off.

In saying that,I like to practice this paranoia.Its part of the game I play.
My baiting persona is completely separate from my RL one because thats how I like it...

IP: 127.0.0.1

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Safest thing to do is just cut all links between this place and real life. I'm joined to a few fora, everywhere I have the same nickname except here on eater. Even the email-adress I used to sign up isn't the same for my msn, facebook (in my defense; I'm not a facebookwhore, I only use it to see how friends from different countries look like. I don't have 'friends' accepted from my own country Wink) or anything. Is it a bit paranoid? Perhaps. But in the beginning I didn't want to take a single risk. Having a second life next to my real made me feel like a spy. I got all excited about it! Laughing

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Black Dog
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i am not worried about being found... i was just asking for others to share their experiences if they had been found by these mugu clowns.

Random lad pain:

Team Mr Bigg's
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The last baiter to die in the line of duty was Dizzgla. RIP

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem is that they're not all clowns. For some, this is big business and there can be big money to be made, and for those scammers, they will use violence to secure their income. It's one reason why we enjoy using the 'dollar chop' modality for baiting.

Victims have been killed and tortured. In their minds they are justified in scamming and will not accept 'no' if they meet a victim face to face.

I can't say that I have any paranoia about being traced and have posted blurry pictures of my face here and don't operate like James Bond, but equally I don't take foolish risks. Some baiters have taken photographs of scammers in bars or in the street, but it's like Steve Irwin handling snakes, fine if you know what you're doing, but you only get it wrong once. One mistake with that tactic is that the scammer is quite likely to have his own cover watching him.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Phisher Price
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I echo what everyone else has said really. I guess it's down to the person as I don't like to show my real IP, even though there isn't much they can do with it but still, the less they know about me the better.

I do think we need better education (generally speaking, not baiting) because there are still so many people who think they are anonymous online but fact the is that as soon as we connect to the Internet someone somewhere will know who-what-when-where.

The guys we deal with can and will use violence if deemed appropriate and that thought alone keeps me wanting to keep my info safe.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT

Join the most elite club in town and find a business partner: http://www.emillions.net.tc - spread the word Wink
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle has a good point, I have been a bit ethnocentric on this topic. I have the privilege of having a Glock model 21 close at hand all times. I don't want to sound like an internet "tough guy" but I am allowed to have the means (in my Country) to protect myself, and family, that others may not be afforded.

Choose the appropriate safety measures that meets your needs.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:

Edit: I would be negligent if I didn't mention the fact that if you have a static IP address there can be some information that can be linked to you. 99.9% of people don't have one, and if you don't know what a "static IP" is, then chances are you don't have one....

the 99,9% might be true where you are from (I'm guessing the US?). I'm pretty sure that here in the Netherlands most people do have static IP's, I believe. So it'll probably depend on either your country or your ISP (or both).

EDIT: There's an easy way to check this of course. Head over here: http://www.ip-adress.com/ then note the IP it gives you. Reboot your modem/router then go to that site again and see if it gives you the same IP. If it does, you've got a static IP. If it doesn't, you don't.

Last edited by Master of Puppets on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Master of Puppets wrote:
the 99,9% might be true where you are from (I'm guessing the US?). I'm pretty sure that here in the Netherlands most people do have static IP's,

Damnit, there I go again assuming. I forget sometimes that this is an International forum.

@OP, feel free to PM me and I will send you my Email addy, I will check your headers for you.

Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:

I have to ask, did you get out of jail OK and everything?

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In real-life, I am very public on the 'net - probably too much so, but for a variety of reasons I am not going to get into here it is necessary... but I keep it completely separate from Eater, with a user name I don't use anywhere else and an email I don't use anywhere else set up just for this purpose. My IP address doesn't change without a hard reboot by my ISP, but I'm not worried, because I'm in the nation's fourth largest city and the closest it will trace to "me" is the main DSL terminal downtown. Smile

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In RL, I don't even have a phone line at home, so rely on the local Library, school internet, stupid people who don't secure their wireless networks. So my IP would change enough for people to know I'm in Melbourne Australia but that's about it really.

Besides, I bait as a woman, so my accounts are completely fake and in that sense disposable (though I HAVE grown to love them dearly)

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Lady Warmonger
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
GomerPyle has a good point, I have been a bit ethnocentric on this topic. I have the privilege of having a Glock model 21 close at hand all times. I don't want to sound like an internet "tough guy" but I am allowed to have the means (in my Country) to protect myself, and family, that others may not be afforded.

Good for you Pastor Frank. I knew that we had Something in common. My main carry is a Glock 21 also with a backup of a Berretta 96. ILEA scores of 240 out of 240. Love that thing! Laughing Wink

fixed quote - JC

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was once given the advice to keep my 'net personae vague and generalized. Some details I give are real, and some are only kinda sorta real. Especially on dating sites (which are merely an expression of faint hope on my part - I seldom even visit them). I put my city as a nearby large city, including a Zip code that matches the city. And I have an email account set up that matches those details. I don't even have the right birth date - it's close enough that I appear to be within a year or two of my actual age, but it's not exact.

I don't use this user name on any other website. And my baiting email accounts are very unlike me - some are even on the other side of the continent from where I live. And as they're gmail, that little deception works just fine. Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding the OP's original question, there are a few that I can think of, of which two are fit for public consumption.

1. A newbie baiter who worked at the local FBI office gave out his telephone and extension number. It was pretty safe, but he found a scammer will come through a switchboard operator saying "Hello this is the FBI", and he found himself sitting at his desk, talking to a scammer. Rather embarrassing.

2. This was apocryphal when I joined, and I've never found the thread. It may have happened on another site, or not at all. The story goes that a baiter got his friend to send a fax to a scammer. The friend did this at work. All faxes have the outgoing phone number on the top of the page. A few days later some large men came to the friend's place of work asking for the baiting character.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:

I just read that. Intense.

I assume everything eventually got cleared up and they released you.

People kept referring to offensive signature lines. What was in the signatures?

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
El Nombre
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Ray, i don't know, but i think the OP in that particular thread had a safari helmet

The new collection
Round 3: Back for more!
Closed lad accountsClosed lad accounts

"you are really a very disappointment to ladyhood" - michael agyekum boateng (standard AFF lad)
"my fetish man is ever ready to strike you deadly if only i give him the final go ahead." - the same Michael as above
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic