SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why we do this...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While surfing around today I found a story about a victim that helps define why we bait: link

Quote:
VERNON — - A 51-year-old woman from Mount Vernon Drive tried to wire money to Ghana using 11 counterfeit $100 bills, police said.

Susan Mcalpine had received the money in the mail from someone in Ghana, along with a letter telling her to wire it back. Store employees at Western Union quickly recognized the money was fake and called police.

Mcalpine was charged with first-degree forgery and released on a $1,000 non-surety bond.

The letter told Mcalpine she had inherited money from an unknown person in the West African country. In order to collect, she needed to take the counterfeit bills to Western Union and send it back to Ghana.

Police are asking residents to beware of similar scams that are usually started on the Internet by asking for personal information such as addresses, telephone numbers, bank account information and social security numbers.

This can lead to lead to phone calls, letters or financial loss.

Receiving money or checks, especially from foreign countries, for an inheritance, winning money, or any other reason should be looked at with skepticism.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Nap Olean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Too bad the police can't give us the lad's e-mail addy so we could bait the fork out of them. Think of all the counterfeit bills we could take out of circulation with a mass bait.

Fake banks Waterlooed: x54 United Kingdom Netherlands Spain United States South Africa Canada Ghana Bahamas, The Nigeria Switzerland Italy Ivory Coast Serbia and Montenegro Belgium Australia Denmark Safari x4 Mortar x25 Closed lad accounts x4 Goat Easter Egg 2011
Alex Van Dijk: DEAR ASSHOLE, YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY TO VAN DIJK BUT YOUR LITTLE BRAIN THAT HAS MADE YOU A STUPID MAN DOES NOT CALCULATE WELL . I STARTED REACHING YOU ARROUND FEBRUARY AND YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY ON THE 25TH OF JANUARY. DONT U SEE THAT YOU ARE TOO DULL FOR THE FAST GAME YOU INTENDED PLAYING ASS HOLE F*** YA MAMA S PUSSYYYYYYYYYYYY HOOOOOOOO.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The minute these scammers involve US citizens in counterfeit cheques and currency, it becomes a matter for the Secret Service and that is likely to ruin the rest of the person's life.

This type of scam seems to becoming more common, perhaps indicating that Lads are getting access to more sophisticated resources, becoming more akin to organised crime.

The only good thing is that counterfeiting US currency is likely to be enough to make the US authorities go looking for them, if we don't get to them first. Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately, from what I read it appears the lady was aware they were counterfeit? This is probably why she is being charged. Hopefully, the judge will be reasonable and give probation.

In my experience with the counterfeit $100's that come out of West Africa, the print is horrible. Without revealing the many security features and educating any lads out there, their printing techniques are absolutlely abysmal. They would be better off freehanding! I have seen some talented artists in the hall of shame!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nap Olean wrote:
Too bad the police can't give us the lad's e-mail addy so we could bait the fork out of them. .

The story doesn't mention email. Some scams are worked by snailmail.

www.wtic.com/2009/08/05/local/Police--Funny-Money-in-Vernon/4944733
Quote:
Police say this is not the first time that Mcalpine had been involved in such an incident and had been told by others that her actions were wrong.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
MilkyWhite
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Badgerbait wrote:

In my experience with the counterfeit $100's that come out of West Africa, the print is horrible. Without revealing the many security features and educating any lads out there, their printing techniques are absolutlely abysmal. They would be better off freehanding! I have seen some talented artists in the hall of shame!

Back in the early eighties Western Union, and foreign exchange offices, were a favourite with counterfeiters to exchange counterfiet currency. They used to wire themselfs money. Counterfeit detection has become much more sophisticated since then and I can't see this becoming too common.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic