SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Soulmate SCAMMER found on Facebook...Help Wanted!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
hoopla
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good day to all.
On Facebook a few days ago I accepted a friend request from a beautiful young lady. I then proceeded to make a yahoo messanger account so we could communicate. Within 10 minutes or so whe prolaimed we were 'soulmates'. Being a single horny young man I rolled with the punches. But I knew it was too good to be true. First she was from Missouri, then she switches and says she lives in the UK. By this time more then a few red flags had gone up. One of the first was the broken english and the 2nd grade grammer. Oh she told me she was a nurse with the United Nations. Well if you are a nurse you have taken college english courses. Well to make a long story kinda short... On day two she asked if she could come live with me. On day three she asked if I could fly her to the United States so we could be together. Oh yeah, she also gave me her information to her 'bank account' asked me to log in...lol. Well I got 'her' to tell me what was in there. She said 4Million dollars.(100 more red flags just shot up).

The bank info is www.first-trust-bank.tk
username: anil400
password: williams
I dont know if I would log in...would hate to have something downloaded onto anyones computer.
But if you google the bank...the site does not look secure. Atleast it is not reccommended.

I Have saved most of all the 'IM' conversations. And am willing to share them with all. (I missed saving one of them..slaps self)

I would like some help or advice on how to keep toying with this 'Soulmate' of mine.

If you would like to become friends with here on Facebook 'her' name is Stella Anil. 'Her' yahoo email is [email protected].
rageofthehippos
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey hoopla, Welcome to Eater.

First off if she is on your real account with all your personal information then delete her as a friend straight away then break off all other contact with her. One of the first rules of baiting is bait safe meaning no real life information.

If you would like to bait her then create an gmail account with a fake name and go from there. There are stickies in several of the forums about how to bait safe. Someone else will come along soon who may be able to help kill the site if its fake.
hoopla
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Will be removing her as a friend asap.

Ty for the info. All help is good help.
rageofthehippos
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you go here you can apply for a mentor who can get you started. Link

Also at the bottom of the main page you will find which contains lots of helpful information.

( Experienced memebers -I didn't know if EU was googlealbe or not so I masked it just in case. If its fine without the masking tell me and I'll remove it.)
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Hoopla

Welcome to 419 Eater's romance department

I am glad that you were able to spot the warning signs, not everybody is and very happy that you have provided us with the information you have.

I will do a little more investigating myself and hopefully get a profile together.

As Rageofthehippos suggests, it is not good practice to use your own real details to play with these people so removing the profile from your friends list is very good advice.

A while ago we produced a romance baiting FAQ a link to which you will find in my signature line, that will give you a lot of great information, even if you dont end up baiting it will take you through the warning signs and give you lots of information on keeping safe, remember, not all scammers are as obvious as this one, some are very good at what they do.

If you have any other questions please dont hesitate to ask and someone will get an answer to you fairly quickly

As for the fake site, we have a section here that deals in that kind of thing too so I will let them know.

Well done bringing this to our attention, your actions may well prevent somebody from being scammed

I will point out that it was wise not to log into the bank, you never quite know what will happen when you do.

Eater rules prohibit accessing the email accounts of scammers and while this is a little different as you were given permission and that it is a bank account, it still isn't a good idea to go in there

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After some investigation I found some more information on this scammer which is now posted at our sister site

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3223

Hoopla, I am not sure how useful those IM conversations will be anyway but if you could please send them to Ralph, you will find his email address posted in his signature line in that link, if any of it is useful it will be posted with the rest of the information without your details included.

May I also suggest that you may get some entertainment in the Spooner thread over the next week or so Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic