SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a new approach?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MsKeim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I received this charming email a few weeks ago. I particularly like the part about suing for cricket playing:

Hello,

I would like to book for 2 weeks horse stables training for 4 hours each day Monday to Saturday (morning hours) for a group of 12. The group would be performing for close relatives,friends and other important guests.

We are asking for 4 hours per day for 2 weeks - Monday - Saturday. A total of 40 hrs. We would be coming over for holiday and as part of our plans we need horse riding training as well as in ANY of the following areas; race, suing for cricket playing.as well as golf, Do you teach any of the above? If not, let me have the types of training riding you teach.

Do you have a training camp where you conduct the trainings,we need a camp to hire? Do you have guest rooms or any 3 star hotel close to your facility?

Arrival DATE: 5TH September 2009
Departure Date: 19TH September 2009
Number Of Clients 12 people

I would love to get the total cost or a quote/estimate. What are your payment options? Payment Via Credit Card.

Your swift response is highly needed. No attachments please.

Best Regards,
Engr Dewar gray

My reply:
Hello,

I would have to have more information about the ages, abilities and experience of the riders in your group. It would be important, as well to know of any language barriers which might require interpreters.
Instruction would be provided in dressage and jumping. There are golf courses nearby and your other areas of interest could be explored.
The estimated base cost for this would be $25,000. Payment would have to be via PayPal or certified bank check.

I will await your response.

His reply:
Thanks for your Response.the only way i can pay now is through My Credit card Account Because I'm too bust at the Offshore with My worker.If you accept get back to me so that we can proceed.

To which I said:

What is your card number, bank which issued it, country of origin, name on card, expiration date and pin number?

And he said:

Thanks for your reply.. I am glad to tell you this is OK and the cost is acceptable by us and we are willing to make a deposit payment immediately. I hope you have a POS/credit card machine in your office?we need your information as requested from you for office record.

After my discussion with my friends, we have agreed to send to you a 50% of $10,000 as an advance payment for the lesson. Due to our acceptance, I will be sending to you my credit card account details that will cover the cost of our booking and other necessary arrangement for us. I have been instructed to pay you for your services and provision of a language translator who would be able to translate every word to some of the members that are Greeks and do not speak English language. I have arranged this with a linguist who is willing to undertake these responsibilities on our behalf. He would be with them throughout our stay with you. I will send you my credit card details when I receive your confirmation email so that you would charge as agreed/authorized by the group. The language translator will take care of all the logistics to include.

1) Flights and travel insurance
2) International Airport transfer
3)Transportation logistics during our stay

They Guests CANNOT make it to your property unless all these arrangements are secured and finalized.

As soon as you receipt my credit card details,kindly take the following steps

1)Charge a total cost of $20,000 + bank charges from my credit card.
2)Deduct your 50% Service Charge been $10,000 for our Lesson.
3)And send the balance of $10,000 via Wire Money Transfer to the Language Translator whose details shall be advised once the charge are made.
4)Prepare all invoice and receipt in the name of my Language Translator.

Confirm this and get back to me with the following:

1. YOUR FULL NAME.....................
2. ADDRESS......................................
3. PHONE NUMBERS.................... for Office records.

You are also to deduct the fees and taxes involved in processing this amount from the
credit card details.

Kindly get back to me asap.

Regards
Dewar

So I wrote:

And, I asked you What is your card number, bank which issued it, country of origin, name on card, expiration date and pin number? You have not give me answer. If you want me to send you money, I need to know where it will go.
Otherwise, I think it is Nigerian scam. Are you a Nigerian scammer or a Greek family who wants to ride horses?
Let me know soon, because I have another party who wants to send me $50,000 and they only want $5000 back.

And the immediate reply:

Thanks for your Response .i know that $25,000 is your total cost but i have to pay you the sum of $10,000 as the deposit for your service,when we come over the remaining $15,000 will be pay on the day of Arrival .we need this information from you for Office Record.
The language translator will take care of all the logistics to include.

1) Flights and travel insurance
2) International Airport transfer
3)Transportation logistics during our stay

They Guests CANNOT make it to your property unless all these arrangements are secured and finalized.

As soon as you receipt my credit card details,kindly take the following steps

1)Charge a total cost of $20,000 + bank charges from my credit card.
2)Deduct your 50% Service Charge been $10,000 for our Lesson.
3)And send the balance of $10,000 via Wire Money Transfer to the Language Translator whose details shall be advised once the charge are made.
4)Prepare all invoice and receipt in the name of my Language Translator.

Confirm this and get back to me with the following:

1. YOUR FULL NAME......................
2. ADDRESS.......................................
3. PHONE NUMBERS.................... for Office records.

You are also to deduct the fees and taxes involved in processing this amount from the credit card details.

Kindly get back to me asap.

Regard
Dewar

48-50 Front Street,
Chester-le-Street,
County Durham,
DH3 3BD

Hello Dewar,

I have not asked you for a deposit at all, so I am not sure why you would want to give me such a large one. I would only ask a small deposit, which would be nonrefundable if you were unable to make the appearance at my place of business.
Also, you have not given me the information about what country you will be coming from, nor the name and contact information for the language translator. This is very important for me to have in order to make all your desires work.

Do any of you want to play with this jerk, or shall I carry on(it is really kind of fun, in a sick, twisted way)? I would truly like to get him making videos of his cohorts riding camels or something equally taxing.
MsKeim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

48-50 Front Street,
Chester-le-Street,
County Durham,
DH3 3BD

According to GoogleMaps, this is the address of a drugstore in britain.
MsKeim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And furthermore:

On 7/17/09 10:01 PM, "dewar gray" <[email protected]> wrote:

i don't understand what you just said.Once i receive your information .i will send you My credit card information for the charges.the money is going to united where My language translator stays.i need this information so that i can know that i'm dealing with the right person.

Regard
Dewar

Me:

Oh, sorry. I will make it easier for you to understand.

I no ask money from you. Why you give so big money? I only ask small money. You no get back if you no come by here. You no give name from translator and no way talk to translator. This big important for me if you want come here.

Sez he:

Thanks for your Response.the information i sent below My previous email is My language translators Address .meanwhile about where we are coming From ,we are coming from united kingdom while other 6 people are coming from Greece, My language translator name is M .G.Anderson

Regard
Dewar
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MsKein, Welcome to Eater! That's an interesting twist on a common overpayment scam. If the scammers have any of your personal details, even just and email address that is tied to your real life info, you should stop communicating with them.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
MsKeim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks, I will do that immediately.
scambuster2097
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MsKeim wrote:
thanks, I will do that immediately.

Awww, shucks, I just starting to really enjoy this little chit chat.

Isn't there anyway you could continue in another disguise?

Sad
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\

Drop the lad from your personal account and set up a new email account (takes all of 30 seconds) and send him an email saying "I am interested, what do I need to do?". No need to even forward/copy his original scam letter from the new email addy. He will answer.

Oh, and welcome to 419Eater. Very Happy

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just loved the bit about performing on horseback for important guests and playing cricket Laughing

Hmmm... horseback cricket. Now there's a thought.

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

....And please be sure to Bait Safe. Get that fake address up and running. Please keep the gang here posted, too!

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic