SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Burr Oak Cemetery nightmare

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/07/sheriff-bodies-dug-up-dumped-at-cemetery.html

Sad Sad Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I've been following this...

Quote:
Towns, who is being held in lieu of $250,000 bail, was placed in the psychiatric wing of Cermak Hospital.

What a crock! He's not crazy, he's a straight out completely sane greedy b....tard no different than Madoff or the lads we bait. Good move...already setting up his insanity defense.

Since it's national news, I wonder how long it'll take the lads to latch this one on to their NOK scams. Doesn't matter to them if the people were buried 500 years ago, 'dead bodies' are in the news so I bet at least some figure it in to a script.

Absolutely tragic for the poor families. Crying or Very sad

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, meant to quote this from the article as well:
Quote:
"This crime, it's a whole new dimension that shows us what lengths people will go to for financial gain," said State's Atty. Anita Alvarez

Also, I thought the foreman was the kingpin of the operation, but apparently she was.

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It has happened before in the U.S., it is not new. I believe the last was in a southern state? It involved exhumations and disposal of the bodies ina garbage heap so the caskets could be re-used.

My question is...how come it took so long to find? This has been going on for quite a while from what you would be lead to believe. Whole sections of the cemetery have been moved around. Maybe we should all visit our deceased a little more often. Make sure the perpetual care clause is being properly dispensed.

This is notably criminal I agree.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Badger

It is important to note that many of the victims buried at this cemetary were VERY poor. There were many graves that didn't even have proper headstones due to the cost.

So, in this instance it was fairly easy to exhume a site, move the remains and "resell" the grave for cash. In a cemetary that buried more affulent clients this would be less likely as most would have some sort of gravestone.

This is a real tragedy. Several familys have no idea where their relatives are now located. They could be in a brushpile, or double buried in the original grave.

It's a real mess.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree!

I was not trying to put down any of the patrons of the establishment.

I was merely pointing out that this is a trend that has been seen before in the cemetery and funeral parlor business now more frequently and is not an isolated case. Please check on your loved ones sites regardless of your income strata. Simply Google burial fraud to find that even the advance arrangement business can be "ladlike". I personally feel that the scum who perpetrate such schemes like this are very much like the lads we take care of here. They have no regard for their victim.

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sheriff's Department takes over, cemetery management...wants someone else to do it!

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/sheriff.tom.dart.2.1086411.html

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As well he should! The sheriffs department is a police agency, not an administrative agency that runs cemetaries as well as detective work on the side.

I'm not sure of your use of !! Do you really expect them to continue to administer the daily workers at a private company? This is America, not Veneqela.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is interesting that Jesse Jackson has involved himself in this story as well as
the death of Michael Jackson story.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah! Where is Al (Sharpton) in all this?

@ Tasty - The political climate in the U.S. is slowly changing, if you have not noticed. Government agencies are slowly (sometimes quickly) becoming the overseers to private industry (GM). Our President and Hugo Chavez are very much alike, watch closely. Ah, here we go getting off topic again. Wink

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not even close. I'll leave that at that.

As far as the sherriff goes, they have a duty to investigate the record books to build a case against the owners/operators of the cemetary. They don't have the mandate, manpower, or know how to administer a cemetary.

Not sure where you are trying to take this. But it seems your tinfoil hat has slipped down and is now covering your eyes.

I'm just hopeful this situation is resolved in a reasonable time frame for the grieving families. As stated before it is a terrible tragedy.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tinfoil hat, you're funny Laughing, try getting a broader picture than the big three networks and NPR .

I see the tragedy, but I also see that America's letigious society waiting to pounce. I wonder when the lads will start working this one.

I wonder when the "Babyland" section of the cemetery was completely moved or has disappeared. I would love to know how they did that.

This is usually a large section specifically for deceased infants and young children, a place that makes me sad just thinking about it. In my own opinion, I would have been more vigilant over my own child's grave and would have been aware of tampering or such rearrangement. Perhaps it is my protective nature over my kids. I cannot see how this section could disappear/move without the parents of the interred knowing. There are lots of people, to me it seems odd, coming forward after this has all happened over a long period of time. I visit my Grandparents at least 2-3 time a year to check on the headstone, place a nice selection of fake flower(per cemetery guidelines). Maybe its cultural? What are other peoples "ritual" with deceased family? I am only giving my opinion.

Again I am not defending the perps, just questioning the coverage.

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As explained earlier, many of the people that had loved ones buried were very poor. If you have a plot but can't afford a headstone, it's difficult to know if it's been disturbed.

If you only visit 2x a year, that's 5 months that they would have to dig up/rebury and sod. In 1 month, no one would ever know.

And I'm not sure how "America's letigious society" has gotten worked into this. Aside from the criminal charges, the families that wish to relocate the remains of those buried there only have the courts to turn to. What would you have them do? They are poor. So you would rather they not have the ability to sue to recover damages as to relocate the remains?

I'm not/can't be judgemental of those hurt by this tragedy. How do you even quantify your death experience to those of others? What if they have moved for a job and are unable to visit as often as you? What if the grief was so overwhelming it was difficult to visit? There are thousands of reasons why they are/don't/can't visit as often as you might wish them to.

There is 100% of the blame on the perps. NONE on the victims. None.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never did blame the victims, and never will, I am concerned about those who will decend on this like vultures. Who are they going to sue?

Tell me how that works, The Cemetery is going to go bankrupt, no doubt with the first law suit. Those who were fraudulently buried on paid for plots will no doubt have to sue for placement elsewhere. Who will bear the cost? The cemetery? The workers who did it? The funeral services? Liability Insurances? Who? The victims will anyway. They are still walked on.

By the By, both deceased Grandparents are two hours away from me, one to the north and one to the south they are four hours apart.

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it might be best to just assume that you and I see differently on the value of civil judgements.

I'm sure for every "vulture" story I could post some equally compelling "victim" story.

I just hope that this particular situation is resolved rather quickly.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Agreed... Wink

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic